Blue princess bags

mrell345

I’m so excited about the new bags as I have always loved the Princess bags. They should give them out, since competing lines of similar quality haven’t discontinued them. As someone else mentioned, Celebrity even gives a nice cloth bag. 

• Like 1

I was a little set back when I noticed how many blue bags I've seen in the stewards trash a few days after they were handed out. Some people just didn't want them as a gift for the length of the trip. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 5:33 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I just read that they might be coming back.  They will look a little different than the bright blue bags of the past.  It may just be rumor but even saw a photo of someone on the Sky Princess and they mentioned that they were to be giving them out fleet wide.  
Time will tell.  

image.thumb.png.9377daa6efd28416680f36f465c4a180.png

You are CORRECT!!! They are back on the Sky!!!

• Like 1

I didn't care for the old one's size, because it didn't hold much. At the time we traveled with a little kid and needed more bag space for beach toys, a change of clothes, snacks, drinks, snorkeling masks, 3 beach towels, spf lotions/sprays, etc. 

So, I ended up using and loving large plastic totes (reusable shopping bags) from Marshalls. They are cheap, super cute, wet towel proof, and I can get them on clearance for $0.50-1. We also use one as a laundry hamper on the cruise. 

I am currently using these two designs:

image.thumb.png.d4b9116b88d15ef50155a0c567eadbc7.png

image.thumb.png.8eda2b467a962a5af8c4e4489e765ba8.png

before that we used much larger woven bags from the nearby hospital:

image.thumb.jpeg.fb691c5c8fff8cba38691c8bb95ab2d5.jpeg

• 6 months later...

I got 2 of them on my last cruise. It was the last night of the cruise. I saw the cabin steward putting them in the rooms, and I said hey I didn’t get one of those and he gave me 2. I was on a 7 day cruise and they were getting ready for a 14 day sail. So maybe that has to do something of who gets the bags or not? Who knows. I’m glad I got mine 😊

• Like 1

They are giving them out again.  @Jens Travel Blog your steward just forgot to give you one at the beginning of the cruise or they had run out and got more in.  Our August 3 cruise we had two in our cabin.  Sometimes they put them on the shelf in the closet or hang them up.  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 9:00 PM, Ellipooh said:

Wait - That’s the one you all remember so fondly? Yuck, I didn’t like those at all. Shapeless and not very sturdy. I thought everyone was reminiscing about the canvas-y white one with little blue logos across it. Now that one I saved and still use. 

I have these as well, I love the size and will be using one again on our next cruise. This one is perfect for 2 hard cover books, puzzle book, pen and note pad, cards, and of course the patter 😊.

The solid blue ones didn't hold up that great but do have a few. Last cruise on Sapphire was told they didn't have anymore left.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been on three Princess cruises and I have never gotten those bags! There were tons of them earlier this year on Enchanted and I felt like we were the only ones who never got any. Had no clue how to get them. Maybe I'll have better luck later this year...

Edited by talkorpi

Our TA sent us 2 of those bags a couple of months ago along with lanyards as a welcome to Princess.

A kind thought but, as they are shoulder bags and have no secure way of closing, I'm still taking my trusty MSC tote/backpack on the cruise 🤣

1 hour ago, disgirl said:

My co-workers were on the Enchanted in April and they all got them in the cabin.  One is using hers as a daily tote bag right now.

I was on the Enchanted in April and they were never in my cabin! What the heck 😠

3 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I was on the Enchanted in April and they were never in my cabin! What the heck 😠

Im sorry!  It has an different/updated design compared to the ones I have from previous sailings.

I asked for one on the Discovery and got one.  I will be on the Caribbean Princess in October and will ask again.  

On 1/28/2024 at 5:33 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I just read that they might be coming back.  They will look a little different than the bright blue bags of the past.  It may just be rumor but even saw a photo of someone on the Sky Princess and they mentioned that they were to be giving them out fleet wide.  
Time will tell.  

image.thumb.png.9377daa6efd28416680f36f465c4a180.png

These were in our cabin last week on the Grand.