The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 27th, 2024

kazu

Good morning and thanks all!  A little bleary eyed after a bit too much good food last night for DS birthday celebration,  and being awake for a couple of hours in the night.  

I am enjoying all the penguin photos and the polar bear, don’t want to miss anyone but thank you! 

@JazzyV glad you are seeing some positive outcomes!  May they continue! 

@cat shepard sending my caring wishes that you get quick answers and good treatment for your sister!  Thanks for the Canadian Wine description.  

@summer slope that is like the drink I had at the Guinness gravity bar in Dublin, yum!  I don’t like beer but the black current really enhances it. 

@AncientWandererhoping your migraine treatment works Maxine, and that you get lucky with Japan.  I think it took three times for us, I’m happy to answer any questions I can  if you wish.   We both really enjoyed that trip immensely,  it’s exotic yet safe.  We found it very easy to get around and language wasn’t the barrier we were worried about. 

@Sharon in AZhope Craig soon recovers.  It’s difficult with elderly parents when things start to go sideways.  Sending hugs! 

more of the locals😍

IMG_5173.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Up at 5:00 for early breakfast then head to Ayres Rock for a couple of short hikes. One in the gorge and another short trail at base of rock. Last night’s BBQ was pretty good and even the kangaroo was tasty. They also poured unlimited wine. Stars were beautiful and guided presentation with laser pointer was good.

We then returned to resort and Straight to bed. The flight here, 108F temperature and the pesky flies had taken their toll.

Getting our walks in early before it gets too hot. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

While I like Lamb I will probably pass on today's meal.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam February 27, 2019:

dishes27.jpg

This has not been traditionally part of my routine with my cardiologist but I remembered only last night that she had requested that I get labwork done for tomorrow's visit.  The lab is in the same building as both the oncology and cardiology practices so it would have been a trivial matter to go the lab after my checkin at oncology, and most of the tests were the same anyway.

I left home sooner than planned to get to the lab soon after it opened, and they did have the order on file, and I was out quickly.  I was told 24-48 hours for the results to be ready and went upstairs to check in with oncology about a possible need to reschedule the appointment to be sure the results would be ready but they said it should not be a problem to keep the appointment as scheduled. 

Well, in fact the results showed up in My Chart about 3PM, and most of the tests were a subset of the tests I got in oncology.  Oh well.

One good thing.  My PSA is down some from January.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good early afternoon and Happy Tuesday. It has rained off and on the past few days including this morning. It wasn’t in the forecast so I was surprised by the sprinkles.  We are having our house painted and the workers have been doing prep work and repairing some woodwork and trim. It’s long overdue, and the HOA has been bugging us about it, so it’s time. 

I will skip the meal and cocktail but the wine might be nice. I will celebrate the days. One of my favorite ways to enjoy Kahlua is in a B52 drink. It’s usually a dessert drink and was listed on the MDR menu once. Has anyone else noticed the dessert drink on the menu?  It’s listed as the Liquid Drink of the Day or Liquid Dessert after the desserts. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, DH tried one of the Liquid Desserts, and liked it.  I don't remember which one it was though.  I'm sorry things with  your mother are not going well.  

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

While I like Lamb I will probably pass on today's meal.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam February 27, 2019:

dishes27.jpg

This has not been traditionally part of my routine with my cardiologist but I remembered only last night that she had requested that I get labwork done for tomorrow's visit.  The lab is in the same building as both the oncology and cardiology practices so it would have been a trivial matter to go the lab after my checkin at oncology, and most of the tests were the same anyway.

I left home sooner than planned to get to the lab soon after it opened, and they did have the order on file, and I was out quickly.  I was told 24-48 hours for the results to be ready and went upstairs to check in with oncology about a possible need to reschedule the appointment to be sure the results would be ready but they said it should not be a problem to keep the appointment as scheduled. 

Well, in fact the results showed up in My Chart about 3PM, and most of the tests were a subset of the tests I got in oncology.  Oh well.

One good thing.  My PSA is down some from January.

Roy

Roy, that's good news about the PSA numbers.  I guess it took a bit for the readiation treatments to affect the numbers.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. 

She had emergency stomach surgery. She is in recovery and will be on a ventilator tube overnight. She is not totally out of the woods, but the surgeon sounded very encouraging.  None of the major risks materialized. 

Ann

• Like 8
  • Thanks 15

12 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

She had emergency stomach surgery. She is in recovery and will be on a ventilator tube overnight. She is not totally out of the woods, but the surgeon sounded very encouraging.  None of the major risks materialized. 

Ann

Thank you for letting us know.  Sounds serious but she got to the right place at the right time.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Ann

Ann, continued prayers for your sister and hoping that the surgery fixes the problem for her. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Ann

I'll continue to hold her close.  Peace to you, Ann.  You must be exhausted.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Ann

Ann, thank you for letting us know about your sister's surgery.  Sending positive thoughts that she does well, and has a quick and complete recovery.  In the meantime, get some rest and take care of ypurself.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Some photos of sunrise in Park, our trek to view of Kata Tjuta.And idea of swarming flies and our hike up rocky terrain into the gorge of Kata Tjuṯa 

We then visited the Aborigine Culture Center.

Taking a break from 38C heat and flies. Will return for another sunset view tonight.

image.thumb.jpeg.f28ac6e4665bddb8d733ae2bfebd44ac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fee8c7eb60560c64e4b67cedd828caf0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5bccc5da3dd1b9d80916dc928d6ec947.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b2700e00e0a4c8304b429fe63cd2f574.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eb1f5c5713bf7b8879ac0ea67751f322.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c9c7571258859e552f42e52b7a2e612e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.256f8f64ee3bc3ac7f2259ecbe683407.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b464f3555d7654d6a98dd6a05cb642f2.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@cat shepard Ann, thanks for updating us!  Sending blessings to you both. What a day!  

@rafinmd Roy, some good news!  May it keep coming!  

Weather tonight is bringing some grave difficulties to folks in Texas panhandle with a ranging grassland fire that’s already consumed 250,000 acres (almost 400 square miles) pushed by strong, dry winds; also severe storms crossing mid- and upper Midwest. I hope all in harms way can find shelter! Especially our Daily family! 🙏
m—

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@cat shepard I’m so glad she was looked after so promptly,   Praying she has a smooth and quick recovery!  

Not in the same league,  but we are very worried as our DGD’s companion lab is having emergency surgery tonight.   She lost her first lab to lymphoma when he was only two so we’re really praying all shall be well!  And they are away to compound things.   

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to be posting so late.

We never made it home from Jacksonville. I had to get some X-rays to make sure my shoulder was okay.

Couldn’t get that appointment until 3:30 in the afternoon and then we felt it was too late to start home.  So we are staying the night.

The X-ray showed the shoulder is not broken nor is the rotator cuff torn.  I just need to do some exercises to get it moving again.  Also my nose did not suffer any permanent damage from the fall.  Good news.   I see the Rheumatologist in two weeks and then my PCP again at the end of March.

We took the opportunity to visit my cousin in Ponte Vedra.  She just bought a house and was proud to show it off.  It is not new and she is putting a lot of work into it.  She is really good at that and the house will be beautiful when it is all finished.

We then went out to dinner at an Italian Restaurant nearby, where we have gone often.  I don’t know what happened to me, but the shrimp oreganato did not sit well in my tummy. I hope this resolves soon as I need to get some sleep so we can drive home tomorrow.

@cat shepard Ann, prayer for your sister.

@marshhawk glad to see you back

@JazzyV glad the pain is improving.

That’s all for now folks.

Hope to be able to post tomorrow after I get home.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

@cat shepard I’m so glad she was looked after so promptly,   Praying she has a smooth and quick recovery!  

Not in the same league,  but we are very worried as our DGD’s companion lab is having emergency surgery tonight.   She lost her first lab to lymphoma when he was only two so we’re really praying all shall be well!  And they are away to compound things.   

Best wishes for your DGD lab.

beagle-dog-get-well-soon-8yi9u35rzxe2s7vb.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1