The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 28th, 2024

kazu

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Roy, thank you for our maps!

Vanessa, I really enjoy ready your posts about how you are improving each day! Thank you for keeping up with all of us. 

I want to thank you all again for keeping my Sister in your thoughts and prayers. I hope to get an update later this morning. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, thinking of you and Tana.

Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Eva, @superoma Happy Anniversary!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Josh Cellars Rosé

Widely available with online prices starting at $12.99, this rosé is the perfect choice to try without breaking the bank. 

Distributor notes

Crisp, refreshing and bright: Josh Cellars Rosé is perfect for sunsets and warm summer days. This bottle of wine with a pink wine color has flavors of white peach and strawberry complemented by hints of nectarine.

Josh Cellars works with California's best growers to source and assemble wine of great character and complexity. Pair this vibrant rose wine with grilled fish, summer salads, and chilled seafood. This Josh Cellars Rosé wine bottle is 750ml and 12.5% ABV.

Created by Joseph Carr and named after his father, Josh Cellars makes high-quality, well-balanced, delicious wines that are expressions of gratitude grounded in hard work, high standards and the recognition of others. Josh wine is worth sharing with those who matter.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Presently 71 and suppose to hit 80 today. Hopefully the crazy weather is behind us.

My company left yesterday after a very full but fun time. Then some cruise friends stopped by on their way back to Canada. They spent the last 2 months in Naples. They were here on their way down also. It was great to see them.

So between all my company and trying to tie up loose ends with the golf tournament, I have been very busy. All good.

@cat shepard  Ann, Wishing your sister a quick and uneventful recovery. That is scary stuff.

We were in Tonga in 2022. Loved it there. The people are so welcoming. I will pull up some pictures.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is raining  and 51 degrees going up to a high of 60.

Happy Anniversary to @superoma! I love the picture.

@cat shepard, Ann, I am hoping that your sister is feeling better after her surgery. Sending prayers her way. 

I will celebrate pockets and inconveniencing yourself. Thanks to Graham @grapau27 for the explanations. I have not been to the port and will pass on the meal.

I made two quiches for dinner later to please the vegetarians and carnivores. Things have been a little less hectic here and we are regrouping somewhat. I was able to find a private aide for one weekend day and hope that helps.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Again we have an interesting collection of days - I like the idea behind Inconvenience Yourself Day and will try to do my part.

The quote is good.

Would enjoy the meal, drink and wine; not been to the port.

Important days in history. I liked Mash, we still watch it.

Today is a full day of work and starts w/an early call w/my manager - nice way to start the day. 😒

It may or may not currently be 45° headed to 52°. The front blew in last night dropping temps at least 30°, so nice. The weather app seems to not be updating telling me there's no connection, but I'm able to go to other sites, so I don't know when it registered 45°. It knows what time it is 🤷‍♀️

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. Extra prayers for those on "sick" ships - seems to be quite a lot of reports of Noro. 🙏

20240228_064519.thumb.jpg.13db1258ce8828710c075737ef0312d7.jpg 

• Like 23

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Thank goodness for pockets, but sadly many pieces of ladies clothing lack them.  I appreciate floral design, but am not good at it at all.  Stepping out of one's comfort zone is good once in a while.  In Canada it's Pink Shirt day - a day to stand up against bullying, so I'll be wearing my favourite pink t-shirt which says: 

Underestimate me. 

That'll be fun.

I'm a little envious looking at all of your lovely temperatures  because this morning we're sitting at -32C (-25F); we've still got a good wind blowing so it feels like -42.  According to a couple of weather apps, we should improve by about 15 degrees by tomorrow, so that'll be nice.  

I didn't think we were going to go anywhere yesterday, but I needed milk to make the spoon bread (which by the way, didn't turn out . . . it was more like biscuits).  The roads that hadn't been plowed had been packed down (sort of) by cars, trucks, and whatever, were so lumpy and bumpy, it felt like we were driving on an old wagon train.  I couldn't imagine what the settlers must have gone through - truly bone jarring if you think about it.  I told DH when we got home I think I might have jarred a couple of teeth loose on the drive home.

@superomaHappy Anniversary to you and DH; I love your wedding photo.  

@Seasick SailorI hope you'll be back with us again soon, you are missed.

@cat shepardsending healing vibes for your DS's recovery.

Not a lot happening here today, I'm going to get my nails done this morning and DH has coffee with his band mates this afternoon.  Hope we still have some shocks on the car after yesterday's drive!

I'd like to try the drink of the day, would enjoy a chilled glass of the wine, and I know it's sacrilege in many places, but in Canada we always put beans in our chili.  Lately DH has taken a real liking to pasta and yesterday found a recipe for caramelized onion topping which I think I'll put together for us to (hopefully) enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and who just needs a little hug.  Cheers to all with celebrations. 

Smooth Sailing! ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good rainy and thundery morning. It’s 56 with the temperature to drop later today and a wind advisory is in effect. The utility company is on standby for possible outages.🤞

The MASH finale is shown every year on Veterans Day on Me tv . 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 23

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  I'll pass on the Floral Design but gladly celebrate the other 2 days.  A great quote by Dalai Lama which fits in quite nicely with Inconvenience Yourself Day.

I have been to Nuku' Alufa in Tonga but not today's port.

Three great days in history.  I will both celebrate and mourn the last episode of M*A*S*H.  I did not watch it at the time but have extensively enjoyed the reruns.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Tropical Fruit Medley, Lamb Shank, and Baked Alaska, my final dinner on MS Koningsdam February 28. 2017:

dishes0228.jpg

I see the Oncologist in a couple of hours and hope our heavy rain holds off.  Got to the mall for my walk and then brought in my recycling cart with just a bit of drizzle this morning.  I think once back from the doctor I'll pretty much hunker down inside before the heavy rain and wind start.

Roy

• Like 27

Good morning everyone from a mild, rainy Boston.  Thanks for the recipes and lists.  Nice days to celebrate, thanks @grapau27 for explaining them.  I think I’ll inconvenience myself today and return my library books.  I love the quote.  While the meal sounds nice it’s leftover pork and fennel stew niçoise tonight.  I made Monday’s meal suggestion yesterday and it was outstanding.  The drink sounds like a refreshing summer beverage.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for those on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today; happy anniversary to @superoma! 🍾

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Wow this weather coming across the country is interesting.  It reminds me of when I saw Dr. Zhivago for the first time.  It was 65 degrees when we went into the theatre one Friday afternoon in the way back when.  (After school group of us, and we got off at 1 on Fridays). Since we were hardy Yankees we were wearing shorts and T shirts.

We watched the movie, just fascinated with the house completely covered in ice, anyway, the movie was over, we walked out and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground.  I said to my friends that was a powerful movie, it moved us to Russia in winter!

I love pockets!  If pants dont have pockets, they do not get purchased.  I look to buy my skirts with pockets, shorts with pockets, and if I am lucky, dresses with pockets.  I hate carrying a purse. Once you are in a relationship, your purse becomes, their storage area.  Kangaroo problems.  

I am in the process of cooking breakfast and typing.....

Last night's concert was very good, but we left during the intermission.  My left hip didnt like the seats in the alternate concert hall, and DH had a headache, and we knew we would not get home until after 11 if we stayed, and the place turned out to be only 8 miles from home.

The first piece was Finlandia.  The DSO was joined on stage by the Dekalb students of the county Arts school for this piece.  This was followed by an Aaron Copland piece, cant remember the whole  name of   it, but it was Lincoln something with a narrator.  I love the music from the movie Gettysburg, and I now know that a lot of it was inspired from this piece...perhaps borrowed would be a better word....plagiarized seems more accurate. But the third piece highlighted a soloist doing a viola concerto.  It was fabulous, and I will have to find the program to let you know who he performer was, and the piece, but I wanted to leave after that piece, because I did not want to forget it in my head.

And now, breakfast of 1 egg and sausage patty is done, I can face the day. 

• Like 25

@cat shepardI hope your sister is doing better today.

@Cruzin TerriDrive safely!  Hope you are feeling better today.

@smitty34877I hope your weekend aid helps you all out!

@StLouisCruisers, @ger_77, @dobiemom Thank you so much for emailing me.  Chuck set up my email address on his phone, and when he did, it automatically updated to my phone.  But unlike my email on the computer, once I replied, and then you replied to my reply, It didnt show as new, and  I didnt find the replies until much later.  I'm still going through a mass of emails!  But it feels good to feel loved. Hugs to everyone here!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a sunny Quartzsite.  It was 47F when I got up, and is now 52F.  Our predicted high is 76F with just a light wind.  The wind will pick up tomorrow and increase each day until we have a 21mph wind on Sunday.  There's not much on the agenda today.

Three interesting days today, but I only keep a few things in the pockets of my jeans and shorts.  Even when I get pants that have pockets, they are usually fairly shallow and won't even hold my phone.  Floral designs can be amazing, but my method is usually fill a vase with water and stick the flowers in the vase.  🤣 Inconvenience Day is an interesting concept.

The Dalai Lama's quote is very wise, and also very true.  I try to help others and at best not to hurt others.

I like chili which in Texas is traditionally made without beans.  However, I like beans in my chili, but not kidney beans.  We'll pass on the drink, but DH would probably like the wine.

We have not been to Tonga, so I appreciate the pictures that have been posted.

There are three interesting days in history.  The discovery of the double helix was very important.  I watched the finale of M*A*S*H, but unlike most, I was disappointed in the show.  

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope your sister is doing well this morning, and will have a rapid and complete recovery.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope everything is well with you and Allen.  We miss you.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, I'm glad you are enjoying the cruise.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks for all the pictures from Ayers Rock.  It's on the bucket list, but not the bugs.  Have a safe flight back to Sydney.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad the x-rays showed no damage to your shoulder, and that your nose is not broken either.  Have a safe trip home.

@kochleffel  Paul,  you course assignments sound very interesting.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm happy you found an aide for one day on the weekends.

@cunnorl  Charlene, thanks for the pictures from Tonga.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope the appointment with your oncologist goes well, and that he is pleased with your lower PSA numbers.  I hope you get home before the heavy rains hit.

360140303_644757147684506_8063204224943609457_n.jpg.7495a1ea6dffe980fd5825e837cc2d53.jpg

362238666_6811844255514216_8895319399884623156_n.thumb.jpg.3bfcc444fe4c0b8ef83122660ff30389.jpg

364010520_619542750282393_3291789744549751944_n.jpg.b5f9c1c2ae99b38ef266c8ff491b8a6f.jpg

365179781_667822432038826_7527449365952170489_n.jpg.7eeaff15af73add2328b18fdf30799cc.jpg

366914709_671218468364790_7498521518194986637_n.jpg.a6b8d72e96fbc978949e352302faaa90.jpg

367453362_750012293594773_3592443323317275247_n.jpg.fd63ea292e3c42f0435cb321cc543b6f.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is raining  and 51 degrees going up to a high of 60.

Happy Anniversary to @superoma! I love the picture.

@cat shepard, Ann, I am hoping that your sister is feeling better after her surgery. Sending prayers her way. 

I will celebrate pockets and inconveniencing yourself. Thanks to Graham @grapau27 for the explanations. I have not been to the port and will pass on the meal.

I made two quiches for dinner later to please the vegetarians and carnivores. Things have been a little less hectic here and we are regrouping somewhat. I was able to find a private aide for one weekend day and hope that helps.

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Terry.

Sending you and Tana my best wishes.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@superoma 🥳 Congratulations to you and your spouse. No matter what the number of years, there are never enough Anniversaries!💞

💐Cheers to all celebrating!  

@cat shepard Ann, hoping your sister’s recovery isn’t too difficult and that the surgery was successful!  

Tonga is so beautiful. Vava’u is mostly about water activities, a lesser port. The vibe is friendly and laid-back. Thank you Sandi for the links. Good memories from our Tales of the South Pacific on Amsterdam, 10 years ago but it seems like 2 lifetimes!  

I will celebrate Watson and Crick, and X-Ray diffraction which was a frequent tool of mine from grad school through my career in geology. 

@dfish  Debbie, one would expect the pipes TO the zone to be warm…. I hope you can get someone to help you figure it out. Glad you are safe after a night of so many storms. 

@kochleffel What great comments from your instructor!  Glad to hear you are healing nicely. 

Will be stormy here today, gray and rainy. I plan to try a new activity group this afternoon. Then a too-early supper before I phone into a church group in Maryland. Monday I phoned into a book group in Maryland and discovers that one of our group ran into the new owners of our old condo there and invited her to the book group, so I got to “meet” her!  We discussed the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society…. made us all want to visit the Channel Islands which I know several here have enjoyed!  

I made progress yesterday on my own medical stuff - the on-site dentist now has my X-ray images from Maryland (multiple calls and e-mails!)  for my new appt, moved up to tomorrow because there was a cancellation. Yay!  And I worked my way through a phone and internet system to get started with the process for a colonoscopy-evaluation appt March 15!  That took hours. I had cancelled my Nov appt in Maryland because of our move but it looks like I won’t be too far behind schedule. I still need to arrange for mammo, gyn, and skin screenings. Making slow progress!  

DH is working taxes and financial issues - yesterday he successfully tracked down a large credit we were supposed to get from using our retirement community’s recommended movers and realtors. We were happy to use them not only for the credit but we obtained a short-term promissory note through their finance dept to avoid selling securities and had our fingers crossed our condo would close within their short timeframe- it all worked very well!  DH also succeeded in obtaining 2 sets of 1099s that we expected to be forwarded by the postal service but didn’t receive. For those not familiar with US tax form numbers, we need those forms from financial institutions to report our income. We had to work with our NM banking institution where we closed our accounts in 2023… the guy on the phone said, Just log into your account!  oh boy….  And the other was for the tiny pensions we get from NM for our years of service as volunteer firefighters/EMS. My online acct worked but DH’s bounced him 🤷🏼‍♀️. The whole exercise is hardly worth the run-around but the income still needs to get reported.  I’m so grateful we can manage our affairs! But it seems to be getting more complicated… is that just me?  

Blessings to all in need, to our country, your country and for all the sadness in the world. Hoping all our Daily family stays safe!

Maureen

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@aliaschief Bruce, thanks for the great pictures from your Uluru experience. As a geologist, I’m sure I would be thrilled. As a human I doubt I could manage the heat, the 4 miles and the flies… certainly not together! Safe travels to Sydney, a fabulous place to visit!  M—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

While the meal sounds nice it’s leftover pork and fennel stew niçoise tonight.  I made Monday’s meal suggestion yesterday and it was outstanding.  

Thank you for the feedback.  It is always nice to know when a recipe is tried and how it turns out.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

@dfish  Debbie, one would expect the pipes TO the zone to be warm…. I hope you can get someone to help you figure it out. Glad you are safe after a night of so many storms. 

Last weekend when it wasn't working, the pipes to the family room zone were not warm.  That is what is making me think valve issue rather than frozen pipe.  It was a coincidence that the heat went off during a cold snap and came back on once it warmed up.  

• Like 15