The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 8th, 2024

kazu

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, thank you Dixie, and thank you Roy for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Sam continues to amaze me with his turnaround from last weekend. Yesterday when I was going to feed him in the afternoon - he actally kept ahead of me going in the house. And he is definitely back to his "talking" to us. Just love him! 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Thank you for the good news about Sam!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We just got home from our appointments and put the groceries away.  I saw Annie's @marshhawk's discussion about Januvia and looked it up using the Stone Mountain zip code (or at least one of them) and they have 30 day supplies from Walgreens at $359.  Please look into it Annie to see if you can use Singlecare.com.

Sandi, SingleCare does have a coupon for Januvia, and I've used SingleCare at Walgreens.  Annie should be able to get her prescription there without any problem, except getting it transferred if she doesn't use Walgreens.

Lenda

• Like 11

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

No need to be nasty, I have no middle name, and I don't like peanut clusters. I will celebrate International Women's Day. Interesting quote. The soup sounds good. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to the Great Barrier Reef. 4 good days in history.

It's somewhat sunny and 58F, but snow is in the forecast! I'm congested with this head cold and a cough, but slept not too bad. Some leg pain and numbness, mainly on waking up. I haven't decided if I need an antibiotic or not. I cancelled my PT for this morning. I have the furniture guy coming this afternoon; I may have no DR chairs for Easter, so may eat out. I also want to continue organizing drawers in the built in cabinets on either side of the fireplace, if I feel up to it. BFF is taking our UK friends to hockey practice then out to eat; I may see them tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

@Crazy For Cats It sounds like that cyberattack caused lots of headaches for many. 

@kazu Be careful if/when you go out.

@StLouisCruisers I know Morgan will be so relieved once she moves.

@smitty34877 Sorry to hear there was less sleep last night; I hope things improve.

@Heartgrove Good news that Sam is hanging in there.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear about the medication situation; it's hard, especially for newer meds. Can you use something like GoodRx, Amazon drug? I do that for one eye drop that is $100 copay, but only $28 with GoodRx. Or apply for assistance? My RA drug is about $5000/month, but I get it free from the manufacturer; surprisingly I didn't have to supply income info.

@cat shepard I was happy to hear about your sister's improvement.

@cunnorl Good luck with the Golf tournament, but I'm sorry you injured your hip and can't play. 

@RMLincoln Yay for DH's good report from the eye doctor! 

@quilty964 I'm glad DH is doing well.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, that is very expensive medication for RA!  I'm so glad you get it from the manufacturer for free.  Remember, my DB's new med for his pulmonary fibrosis was $10,000 per month which of course he (or practically anyone) could not afford.  But he got a pharmaceutical company grant which pays for it.  Too bad it has side affects like stomach and gastro distress.

23 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, Friday at last!  DD blew a "fuse" the other day, and the time on the microwave is off.  Pat says he won't reset it for now, as we change times on the weekend and he can do it then.  That's okay with me.  Interesting days!  I think I am an international woman, as I was born in China, grew up in the Philippines and Canada,and lived in the Bahamas, Colombia, Kenya and the US.  And I've "stood" on all seven continents.  Ann is my middle name, but I have to use my first name, Penelope, when travelling, as that is what is on my passport.  

Prescriptions here in BC are partially covered, it all depends on one's income.  My Prolia is expensive, but it does last for 6 months.  It's worth it to me, as I hated having to take Fosamax.  Now younger DD has been diagnosed with osteoporosis, I don't know what she is going to do.

I didn't have a good appointment with the eye doctor yesterday.  Impending macular degeneration - he saw "bumps"!  And the cataracts are progressing, but he could still just up my prescription, I really do not want the surgery.  Fortunately, DS gave me the "family discount", so I will get my new glasses in a few days, and I have to start taking one of those eye vitamins.  

I'm sorry to hear the news from the eye doctor.  Both my parents had macular degeneration so worry about that.  I hope you can wait a good long while before they recommend the surgery for cataracts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann, and happy Friday now afternoon.  I'll pass on the days except for International Women's Day.  My middle name is actually my father's first name.  I agree with the quote.

I have not been to the Great Barrier Reef on a ship but did get there on a 2003 land trip.  At that time I concluded that I was not cut out for snorkeling.

A very diverse and interesting group of things that happened on March 8.

The meal is interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Pineapple Pina Colada, Pineapple Glazed Ham, and Postachio Ice Cream as served on MS Prinsendam March 8, 2019:

dishes08.jpg

A nice day today but rain expected almost all day tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  Love my middle name,  my DDF named me.  

@marshhawkyikes on the meds!  Glad to read all the suggestions, hope one works! 

@dfish we love Kalbi ribs, had some this week from a local Korean restaurant.

Hope to visit the Great Barrier Reef one day, for now here’s a few underwater Pacific creatures. 

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

IMG_5177.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony cruise from Bali to Singapore.  On March 8 we visited Kona Kinabalu, Malaysia. 

dawn0308.jpg

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

No need to be nasty, I have no middle name, and I don't like peanut clusters. I will celebrate International Women's Day. Interesting quote. The soup sounds good. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to the Great Barrier Reef. 4 good days in history.

It's somewhat sunny and 58F, but snow is in the forecast! I'm congested with this head cold and a cough, but slept not too bad. Some leg pain and numbness, mainly on waking up. I haven't decided if I need an antibiotic or not. I cancelled my PT for this morning. I have the furniture guy coming this afternoon; I may have no DR chairs for Easter, so may eat out. I also want to continue organizing drawers in the built in cabinets on either side of the fireplace, if I feel up to it. BFF is taking our UK friends to hockey practice then out to eat; I may see them tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

@Crazy For Cats It sounds like that cyberattack caused lots of headaches for many. 

@kazu Be careful if/when you go out.

@StLouisCruisers I know Morgan will be so relieved once she moves.

@smitty34877 Sorry to hear there was less sleep last night; I hope things improve.

@Heartgrove Good news that Sam is hanging in there.

@marshhawk Sorry to hear about the medication situation; it's hard, especially for newer meds. Can you use something like GoodRx, Amazon drug? I do that for one eye drop that is $100 copay, but only $28 with GoodRx. Or apply for assistance? My RA drug is about $5000/month, but I get it free from the manufacturer; surprisingly I didn't have to supply income info.

@cat shepard I was happy to hear about your sister's improvement.

@cunnorl Good luck with the Golf tournament, but I'm sorry you injured your hip and can't play. 

@RMLincoln Yay for DH's good report from the eye doctor! 

@quilty964 I'm glad DH is doing well.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you are still congested, but glad you got some sleep.  I hope you feel well enough to see your friends tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, Friday at last!  DD blew a "fuse" the other day, and the time on the microwave is off.  Pat says he won't reset it for now, as we change times on the weekend and he can do it then.  That's okay with me.  Interesting days!  I think I am an international woman, as I was born in China, grew up in the Philippines and Canada,and lived in the Bahamas, Colombia, Kenya and the US.  And I've "stood" on all seven continents.  Ann is my middle name, but I have to use my first name, Penelope, when travelling, as that is what is on my passport.  

Prescriptions here in BC are partially covered, it all depends on one's income.  My Prolia is expensive, but it does last for 6 months.  It's worth it to me, as I hated having to take Fosamax.  Now younger DD has been diagnosed with osteoporosis, I don't know what she is going to do.

I didn't have a good appointment with the eye doctor yesterday.  Impending macular degeneration - he saw "bumps"!  And the cataracts are progressing, but he could still just up my prescription, I really do not want the surgery.  Fortunately, DS gave me the "family discount", so I will get my new glasses in a few days, and I have to start taking one of those eye vitamins.  

Ann, I'm sorry the eye doctor appointment didn't go too well yesterday.  I'm glad you can put off cataract surgery for a bit longer, and I hope the eye vitamins can delay the macular degeneration.

40 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Love my middle name,  my DDF named me.  

@marshhawkyikes on the meds!  

@dfish we love Kalbi ribs, had some this week from a local Korean restaurant.

Hope to visit the Great Barrier Reef one day, for now here’s a few underwater Pacific creatures. 

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

IMG_5177.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the fish pictures.  I love to snorkel, but it's been way too long since we've done any snorkeling.  I miss seeing all the colorful fish.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@marshhawk  Annie, another site that is similar to GoodRX is SingleCare.com.  DH looked up your drug and with SingleCare it is under $400 at most pharmacies.  We've used SingleCare recently when it was quite a bit lower than Good RX.  DH also looked up the drug in Mexico, and it's about $56.79 for a 30 day supply.

Lenda

I did the same thing.  Apparently, many of us thought of Single Care as well.  I have no sympathy for the pharmaceutical industry. They are definitely price gouging.  They regularly out perform all Fortune 500 companies.  The bulk of their spending is not on research and development.  The expensive part of that is generally done with grants from the US government.  The largest expenditure of the drug companies is on advertising.  

I looked up Be Nasty Day as I couldn't believe that there was such a day.  It has an interesting history.  It originated when Hilary Clinton was referred to as "that nasty woman."   The day isn't meant for being deliberately nasty for no good reason, rather for knowing one can stand their ground and say no firmly.  

The word ‘nasty’ has also taken a completely different connotation since Hillary Clinton was called that by her political opponent. Ever since, the word has become a feminist rallying cry, with women all over the world encouraged to be nasty to hold on to their rights and fight for what they believe in. 

The Nasty Woman has become part of memes, art and performing arts, books and magazines, and other popular culture. The Nasty woman Project took off, becoming an important part of the feminist movement, and working towards achieving gender equality. As the movement states, sometimes being nasty is what it takes to do what you need to do, and stand up for what you believe in, because there’s no other way to make people listen. 

https://nationaltoday.com/be-nasty-day/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 15

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

I did the same thing.  Apparently, many of us thought of Single Care as well.  I have no sympathy for the pharmaceutical industry. They are definitely price gouging.  They regularly out perform all Fortune 500 companies.  The bulk of their spending is not on research and development.  The expensive part of that is generally done with grants from the US government.  The largest expenditure of the drug companies is on advertising.  

I looked up Be Nasty Day as I couldn't believe that there was such a day.  It has an interesting history.  It originated when Hilary Clinton was referred to as "that nasty woman."   The day isn't meant for being deliberately nasty for no good reason, rather for knowing one can stand their ground and say no firmly.  

The word ‘nasty’ has also taken a completely different connotation since Hillary Clinton was called that by her political opponent. Ever since, the word has become a feminist rallying cry, with women all over the world encouraged to be nasty to hold on to their rights and fight for what they believe in. 

The Nasty Woman has become part of memes, art and performing arts, books and magazines, and other popular culture. The Nasty woman Project took off, becoming an important part of the feminist movement, and working towards achieving gender equality. As the movement states, sometimes being nasty is what it takes to do what you need to do, and stand up for what you believe in, because there’s no other way to make people listen. 

https://nationaltoday.com/be-nasty-day/

Debbie, we've know for many years that the biggest expense for drug companies is advertising.  The only other country in the world that allows such advertising is New Zealand.  So we don't believe the drug companies when they say we have to recover the research and development costs.  In other words, they are drug dealers with a "legal license".

Thanks for explanation of be nasty day.  In those cases where women need to stand up for what is right, then, I'll be "nasty" too.

Lenda

• Like 15

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

... and my middle name is Lynne (sometimes spelled without the e)...

My sister's name is Lynne - with the "e" - she doesn't like it, says she doesn't know why she had to get the "e" cuz everyone mispells it. I say the "e" makes it female  🤷‍♀️ and makes her special since it's not a common spelling.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

It is possible to order prescription drugs from Mexico. The US government will tell you that it's dangerous, but it's legal for a drug that is approved here. I have done this during a gap in insurance.

Thank you for the link - checking for myself & sister. Tips and help is greatly appreciated 🙏 this is how we take care of each other and learn about options.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 13

Good afternoon everybody , Martha and I would like to thank you all once more for the well wishes you send us yesterday for our Anniversary . How time flies ….. Today it is 55 + 1 (day )  maybe if I count that way it will not go that fast) 

We were on the Volendam in Nov 2015 from Sydney to Singapore , had a wonderful stop on Hamilton Island and there was a lot of talk on board ship about the Great Barrier reef which we were passing in narrow marked channels so we would not disturb the reefs , but there was nothing to see and sadly there was not an expert on board ship telling us about the reefs or showing film or pictures from down below the surface . If I remember well there were a couple of tours available from Carins or Hamilton Island that if you were a diver or great swimmer you could take to see the reefs , but there was also a lot of talk that this e tours were going to places where the Coral was dying . 

Too bad it was a nice opportunity lost to see or hear more of this Natural  Phenomenon ! 

Talk about phenomenon the weather in SW Ontario is completely out of wack , since begin November we have had I week of extreme cold weather and all together this winter so far maybe 3 or 4 inches of snow , while usually we would have received by now 3, 4, or 5 feet of snow. 
Not that we are complaining but it worries us and we are worried about the farmers !  Today + 15 degrees Celsius and in the next couple of weeks hardly any frost at night , We might not be able to get Maple Syrup !  

Have a great weekend and take care ,
Tony 😁
  • Like 17

Thanks to all who keep the Daily available. I like my middle name, named for my DM, Ruth (4/7/1920-1/4/2024). Ruth is a popular family name, I am Katherine Ruth, my brother named a daughter Katherine Ruth, her daughter is Sophia Ruth, one of my granddaughters is Vivienne Ruth (nicknamed Viviruth but pronounced Viviroo in preschool as her class had 2 other Viviennes!) and in September, 2023, a great-nephew named his daughter Ruth, in honor of his great grandmother (my mother), Ruth. 🙂

We are enjoying a few days in Hawaii, hope for a little sunshine as our last stay in December and the first three days of this stay have been filled with rain. We do enjoy our visiting our grandchildren, especially sitting on the lanai reading, working puzzles, playing cards and board games. 

• Like 18

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Some sun today, Yay!  Not enough sleep, came out and eventually slept in the recliner so maybe tonight I’ll be tired enough to sleep better.

I love all the International Women’s Day posts!  My middle name is special to me… my sister born before me died as a baby from a sudden illness and mom was getting old for pregnancy in that era… she prayed for another daughter and named me for her favorite saint. 

We spent a thrilling day visiting Great Barrier Reef by excursion boat from Cairns. I did it all - snorkeling, plus dry viewing from semi-submersible sub and staircases in huge plastic tubes. The excursion boat took us to a floating base that had everything. It was a magnificent experience. It was part of our 6week stay in Australia from Cairns to Tasmania including stays with two sets of cruise friends. We cruised from CA across on a repositioning instead of flying, then cruised from Sydney over to and around NZ for 4 weeks there, all part of 4 months in the Pacific. So many once in a lifetime experiences and Great Barrier Reef is high up there!  

DH’s eye check went very well. Doc looked at it through his instrument and said, It looks beautiful! Pressure is good, continue tapering steroids, come back in 3 weeks. But continue the physical restrictions… DH wasn’t too happy about that but the eye is still vulnerable. Well, we sure don’t want to damage it!  And we’ll go through this again with the next surgery for the other eye but we’ll get there!  Amazing! Absolutely Amazing! is all I can say!  

On the way home we navigated to my next two upcoming appts so we’d be familiar with where they are. We got home just in time for my zoom yoga. After that I was tired, by bedtime I was sore. 

Blessings to all in need!
Toasts to all celebrating!

Strength and a good day for all the caregivers.  
Great to hear Ann’s DS showing strong improvements!  And Sam too!  
And Morgan getting to a new place!  
And Lauren getting the care she needs. 

Smooth travels to all away!  

@aliaschiefBruce:  Wondering if there’s an option to get off in Dubai, do a month of touring on one’s own then rejoin the ship in Venice?  

Thanks all for being here!  See something special today !

Maureen 

Possible but they wanted us to take all our luggage with us. That hasn’t gone over well and is currently being reviewed by corporate.

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, we've know for many years that the biggest expense for drug companies is advertising.  The only other country in the world that allows such advertising is New Zealand.  So we don't believe the drug companies when they say we have to recover the research and development costs.  In other words, they are drug dealers with a "legal license".

Thanks for explanation of be nasty day.  In those cases where women need to stand up for what is right, then, I'll be "nasty" too.

Lenda

I love your description of the drug companies and couldn't agree more.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

How timely today has morphed into Discuss Rx Day - the neurologist sent Rx to Kroger who sent me a message advising me insurance co wants more info from him before they will cover it. 

I see it can cause "respiratory depression" and care should be taken by people w/breathing difficulties. Eek - I use 2 inhalers/day plus take a 💊 every day. Could that be why insurance co wants info from Dr? If not, wonder what they want from him. We talked about my heart & breathing issues, so he's aware of what meds I take.

The neurologist didn't seem to care that my foot has been numb since Sept. So, I have a chiropractor, ph therapist, ortho & now neurologist who don't want to figure out why 50% of my feet (1 of 2) has been numb for almost 6 months; only the PCP seems to consider it worthy of investigating, which is 1 of the reasons she sent me to the neurologist. Maybe it's me - my expectations of using both feet is unreasonable and I should find a 50% usability rating within "range." 🤷‍♀️🥺

He's doing an EMG next week. The Rx he wrote (that insurance so far won't cover) is not specifically for the tremors, but he says it might help. 

• Like 12

@Haljo1935 I wonder if the particular drug ordered requires pre-authorization.  Clerks at the insurance company know more than the doctors and the doctors have to prove they know what they are doing.  Sometimes, that is hard for them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  I think we have looked at the name game all week.  First the meaning, then on a name tag, and now pride in our middle name.  Maybe tomorrow will be, if you could change your name what would it be?  

@NickelpennyI have been thinking of you and the bugs.  Why not create some kind of slide show "Bugs of the Amazon" and share it with the schools where you sub?

I get very depressed when I go to the pharmacy and realize that I cant afford my meds.  But the other day I saw an elderly couple walk out of DH's oncologist office and the wife's question to him, was "why did you walk out?" and his response was that "I didnt want to have to read and sign all that paperwork". I found that sad, but I am repeatedly seeing people trying to get their must have meds, and they cant afford them .  I went to get my refill of Januvia and it had gone from 475 to 675, and I had to walk away.  Told them to put it back on the shelf, until I could get a decent pay check.  Life is just getting weird.  

I even considered cruising back to Cozumel to the pharmacy there, but checked and Carnival is not going to Mexico's east coast on 5 day trips anymore. At least not from Mobile.

Last night when I sat down at the home computer, I found a black cube on the floor.  It is a solid black cube. I didnt know what it goes to and neither the DH.  We decided that it was intraterrestrial and it was a black hole that had cubed itself and land in our den. 

439058.jpg

Well both of us are up way too early -practicing for getting Tigger to the vets on Monday morning.

e7c1ee265e1df39a5f85ac52d7b0938f.jpg

I use this pharmacy in Canada and your drug is reasonably priced. You just need to send them your prescription and it will come in the mail. https://www.pricepropharmacy.com/product/januvia/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

Thanks to all who keep the Daily available. I like my middle name, named for my DM, Ruth (4/7/1920-1/4/2024). Ruth is a popular family name, I am Katherine Ruth, my brother named a daughter Katherine Ruth, her daughter is Sophia Ruth, one of my granddaughters is Vivienne Ruth (nicknamed Viviruth but pronounced Viviroo in preschool as her class had 2 other Viviennes!) and in September, 2023, a great-nephew named his daughter Ruth, in honor of his great grandmother (my mother), Ruth. 🙂

We are enjoying a few days in Hawaii, hope for a little sunshine as our last stay in December and the first three days of this stay have been filled with rain. We do enjoy our visiting our grandchildren, especially sitting on the lanai reading, working puzzles, playing cards and board games. 

Pauline's dear late Mam was called Ruth as is one of Pauline's lovely cousins and one of her Aunt's.

It is a lovely name.

I'm happy to hear you are enjoying a holiday in Hawaii.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Sorry to hear about your eye appointment, Ann 😢. I’m glad you are able to avoid surgery for your cataracts for the time being.  Jose had it and it wasn’t that bad especially if you have someone to drive and pick you up and help you with the drops.  It really improved his sight.  If you can fake it for the time being though, even better 👍 

7 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Today is our Golf tournament. Unfortunately I injured my hip and cannot play I tried going to the range yesterday to see if I could swing. Not a good decision. So one of my friends will hit in my place. I will just ride around with my team. So disappointing but not much to complain about, given what others are going thru. I will still attend the awards dinner. DH will bring DD down. We set up the hall yesterday. It will still be an enjoyable day.

Sorry to hear about your hip, Charlene and that you can’t play today.  You have a great attitude though.  I hope you can still enjoy the day and the dinner and most importantly, hope your hip is better very soon 🙏 

7 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

DH’s eye check went very well. Doc looked at it through his instrument and said, It looks beautiful! Pressure is good, continue tapering steroids, come back in 3 weeks. But continue the physical restrictions… DH wasn’t too happy about that but the eye is still vulnerable. Well, we sure don’t want to damage it!  And we’ll go through this again with the next surgery for the other eye but we’ll get there!  Amazing! Absolutely Amazing! is all I can say!  

Great news, Maureen 🙂   Best of luck going through it all over again 🙏 

30 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

The neurologist didn't seem to care that my foot has been numb since Sept. So, I have a chiropractor, ph therapist, ortho & now neurologist who don't want to figure out why 50% of my feet (1 of 2) has been numb for almost 6 months; only the PCP seems to consider it worthy of investigating, which is 1 of the reasons she sent me to the neurologist. Maybe it's me - my expectations of using both feet is unreasonable and I should find a 50% usability rating within "range." 🤷‍♀️🥺

He's doing an EMG next week. The Rx he wrote (that insurance so far won't cover) is not specifically for the tremors, but he says it might help. 

Darn on the hassle for your prescription 😡. Why does health have to be so complicated for our neighbours in the south?  😔 

Your numbness in the foot - did it start with the toes?  I’m not a doctor but I went to a podiatrist for my feeling of numbness and she took one look and told me I had Raynauld’s syndrome.  It can get progressively worse.  I’ve been fighting it as best I can and so far holding it off from progressing but it’s hard.  It might be worth a podiatrist visit as a good one might be able to spot the issues fast.

If it is Raynauld’s, drop me an email and I am happy to tell you what has worked for me to help.

Middle name - I did not comment on it.  I hate mine - named for a relative that I am happy to say I am nothing like.  Just a miserable person who prided herself I’m sure on making everyone else miserable.  There were only 2 people in my life who were allowed to use it ever - my DD father and Jose.  

The best thing that happened to me was when I got married, I kept my maiden name and added my married name (not hyphenated in the Spanish fashion).   that way I could use my maiden name in business and my married name socially.  (Remember, I got married later in life).  My name became too long to fit so all of my ID had my middle name dropped.  It was the passport office who suggested it first and I was more than happy to comply. 😉. My other names I am very proud of.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2