Checking Account Balance While Onboard?

Djptcp

On Holland America we can check our onboard account during the cruises via our television. We'll be going on our first Celebrity cruise on 3/11 on the Constellation and wonder if we can do the same on the Connie?

On the left side of the monitor, there is an area called Account.  In that area, there should be the names of the cruisers.  If there are 2 in the room and on the same account, the total OBC was divided by 2 and the amount is posted in each person's individual account.  It works out in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

On the left side of the monitor, there is an area called Account.  In that area, there should be the names of the cruisers.  If there are 2 in the room and on the same account, the total OBC was divided by 2 and the amount is posted in each person's individual account.  It works out in the end.

Our OBC hasn’t ever been split, it always shows on 1 account.  All charges, regardless of who made the purchase, are put on the same account as the OBC.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I stop by guest relations when there us no line.  That way you can more easily see every charge and credit on your account.

Not challenging but wondering why it is easier to go to GS when the same information is available on your account folio through the TV or app?  That is the information that GS would be looking at.  I realize GS would have that but just not seeing how making a personal visit is easier to see the information.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Last time we were on Constellation (a year ago) the TV system wasn't interactive so you couldn't get the account balance on the TV.   It is available on the app.  I wonder if they will upgrade the system during the April Drydock?

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

Our OBC hasn’t ever been split, it always shows on 1 account.  All charges, regardless of who made the purchase, are put on the same account as the OBC.  

I was surprised to see it split.  At first, I thought it was an error or there could be an unauthorized charge.  But that was not the case.  That was the first time I ever saw it split like that. 

5 hours ago, keesar said:

I was surprised to see it split.  At first, I thought it was an error or there could be an unauthorized charge.  But that was not the case.  That was the first time I ever saw it split like that. 

I think it depends on how they setup you account.   Never figured it out.    I always book and use my credit card.   Sometimes it's split,  Sometime joined and only one of us can see -  usually Iain.   I just let the Retreat Host know and she goes into the account and does something so I can see it combined on my account.   ---

Just back from the Connie...on the app I could see our account but the only charges that showed up were those made by DH.  The full OBC showed.  My charges never showed at all.  The final invoice that was emailed included my charges and was accurate.  Sounds like this is something I could have guest services fix if it happens again based on @Jim_Iain post.  Good to know.  

• Thanks 1

If the passengers in the cabin are linked then the charges all show up in one name.  That is what we have found in the past.

One suggestion, get a "final" hard copy of your statement right before you disembark so you are ready to dispute any surprises like mini bar charges when you get your final bill in your email.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Just back from the Connie...on the app I could see our account but the only charges that showed up were those made by DH.  The full OBC showed.  My charges never showed at all.  The final invoice that was emailed included my charges and was accurate.  Sounds like this is something I could have guest services fix if it happens again based on @Jim_Iain post.  Good to know.  

I believe for ours if i logged onto the app through my account it would show my charges.  If I logged into the app from my husbands then his charges would show.  Our TA usually puts the OBC in my name from their agency, but Celebrity puts theirs, if we haven't pre spent it, all on his, maybe because alphabetically his name is before mine.  In either case because they are linked it will use all of the OBC we have regardless of who makes the charges.  It would actually be easier if it were all together and they would just indicate with initials or the last 4 numbers of the captains club who made what purchases.  

On a side note I wished they would put the actual costs of the drinks and then show that it was covered when using a drink package instead of indicating a charge of $0 (Carnival does it that way). 

Craft Social $12 3/8

premium bev package -$12 3/8

Wine Cellar $16 3/8

premium bev package -$16 3/8

It would make it easier to determine whether it was worth getting the package on not without having to keep your own spread sheet for the vacation.   

On 3/9/2024 at 9:31 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Not challenging but wondering why it is easier to go to GS when the same information is available on your account folio through the TV or app?  That is the information that GS would be looking at.  I realize GS would have that but just not seeing how making a personal visit is easier to see the information.

Because being slightly challenged with electronic devices; it takes me longer to see it on my TV.  Plus I have a printed record of every charge and credit to my account along with the coding like OBCR or where the transaction happened.  The printed report has more detail is my main reason. 

Don't need to try to remember.  I do get the report when walking by Guest Relations (not a special trip) and there is nobody there.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:16 AM, Djptcp said:

On Holland America we can check our onboard account during the cruises via our television. We'll be going on our first Celebrity cruise on 3/11 on the Constellation and wonder if we can do the same on the Connie?

Yes. fleetwide.