The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 21st, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dfish said:

What did she recommend for the dry skin?  Mine is so dry it feels like I'm getting bitten up.  I got up in the middle of the night last night and put lotion on.

I find that men don't routinely use lotion. I had been told to use CeraVe, but what I use most is baby oil gel (not the runny regular baby oil) right after showering. It works for me. Also don't take too hot a shower.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Another sad fire death overnight.  A 15-year-old girl died last night in a house fire about 1 1/2 miles from me.

Roy

Very sad Roy.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Off to search the car and garage!

Envelope found down between the seat and car floor; not visible but I put my hand down there and found it. Yay, as it had a check in it!

49 minutes ago, superoma said:

Greetings all. Have had a busy few days, relaxing now. One of my Wednesday women’s group celebrated a birthday yesterday. We always have salmon for birthdays, a couple of sides and Caesar salad. I bake the cakes and cook the dinner. Pretty happy with my faux Black Forest cake. I started with a gluten free chocolate cake mix and added the important stuff, whipped cream icing, shaved chocolate, sour cherry jam. Everyone enjoyed the dinner and the cake.

IMG_7764.jpeg

Yum, that cake looks great. My first ever taste of Black Forest Cake was in the Black Forest in 2003, while on a scenic tour of Southern Germany with BFF's aunt and uncle.

@Crazy For Cats Great photos. Makes me want to visit (I've never been).

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for Allen.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I've called it quits for the day.  Right now, the motorhome is ready for us to start loading it, and I hope to do that a little bit each day.  Now, I'm going out to my favorite "room", the south patio and read for a while.  That helps me relax and rejuvenate.  This time of year, with fewer people here, it is really quiet and relaxing.

23 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Today was a crappy day. From blood draw, THREE pokes, to waiting for over an hour for the dermatologist, who recommends seeing our primary MOHS surgeon due to too many lesions, moles, and eczema breakouts. She froze over a dozen precancerous lesions. Able to get an urgent appointment in 2 weeks. Please keep Allen in prayer. 

Joy, I'm sorry it really was a crappy day.  I hope Allen can be made comfortable until he sees the MOHS surgeon.

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I find that men don't routinely use lotion. I had been told to use CeraVe, but what I use most is baby oil gel (not the runny regular baby oil) right after showering. It works for me. Also don't take too hot a shower.

Very sad Roy.

Envelope found down between the seat and car floor; not visible but I put my hand down there and found it. Yay, as it had a check in it!

Yum, that cake looks great. My first ever taste of Black Forest Cake was in the Black Forest in 2003, while on a scenic tour of Southern Germany with BFF's aunt and uncle.

@Crazy For Cats Great photos. Makes me want to visit (I've never been).

Vanessa, I'm happy you found the envelope.  I know that is a relief.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Another sad fire death overnight.  A 15-year-old girl died last night in a house fire about 1 1/2 miles from me.

Roy

That is really sad, Roy.  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@dfish I'm sorry the PT person didn't think you'd made any progress. What's next?

This was expected, Vanessa.  The next step is to do nerve ablation.  If we do that and I can walk distances without the poles, then I don't have the pounding that causes the pain in my neck.  It is all related and due mostly to the fact that my shock absorbers (discs) are worn out.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, from what he says he should use more moisturizer because she says he doesn't use a sufficient amount. (BTW, that's what I would tell him, too!)  Also she recommended laundry detergent for sensitive skin, fragrance free.  No brand mentioned.  She said the Dove for men soap he uses now is okay.  We used to use a discontinued brand which contained cocoa butter so I wonder if that has something to do with it, too.  He complained of itchy scalp on the back of his head and she apparently called in a prescription for something (shampoo?  lotion?) because there was a call from Walgreens a few hours later.  Guess we'll find out what it is when we pick it up. This is all taken from what he told me because I wasn't in the examination room with him.

I used to use Dreft detergent as it was supposed to be gentle for babies.  It has just been lately and I've been lathering up well with lotion today.  My scalp itches, too!  I use a conditioner that you leave in, hoping that will cut down on the itchiness.  I guess I need baby shampoo?

54 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I use CeraVe lotion, and it works well, when I remember to use it.  There are a couple of formulas, and it comes in a lotion or a cream in a tube.  The cream is good for traveling.  I'm glad you have your state taxes straightened out, and will be able to handle them next year.  One good thing about living in Texas is no state income tax.

I have some CeraVe here. And Eucerin and another one they use in the hospitals.  Aquafor.

50 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Greetings, all. Thanks for the reports, @kazuand @rafinmd, and thanks for the Pompeii pictures, @Haljo1935. We also docked at Sorrento on our cruise last November; Pompeii had been on my bucket list for many years. 

@dfish, I'm reluctant to suggest what worked for me, but here it is anyway: I tried some lotions that my dermatologist recommended for itching, but they didn't do much. My PCC recommended an anti-eczema lotion, so I tried Caladryl Eczema Calming (there are plenty of other brands) and that's worked really well for me! At a certain age I had to start using some regular lotion fairly often, but when it gets bad I use the eczema stuff.

That is interesting, Bill.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I could keep some on hand for when the other stuff doesn't work.

46 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, I use Noodle and Boo laundry detergent. It's for babies, but is ultra stain cleaning and gentle. Our dermatologist recommends it. And smells so nice! (Amazon)

For Allen's itchy miserable skin, she recommends Melkfett Ringelblume. A cream, also on Amazon. 

Thanks, Joy!  I'm writing all this stuff down.

39 minutes ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Since we are on topic of dry skin remedies:   My doctor recommended taking Evening Primrose Oil gelcaps.   Helps to moisturize and soften from within.   I only need it in winter when the air gets really dry, but it does help the itchiness and bumps.

That's different.  I'll keep that in mind. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Today was a crappy day. From blood draw, THREE pokes, to waiting for over an hour for the dermatologist, who recommends seeing our primary MOHS surgeon due to too many lesions, moles, and eczema breakouts. She froze over a dozen precancerous lesions. Able to get an urgent appointment in 2 weeks. Please keep Allen in prayer. 

Oh, my, Joy!  Yes, it was a crappy day.  I hope tomorrow is better.

14 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I think that is the key to whatever you use - put it on right after showering.  There was a great body wash that left my skin feeling so great, but I can't find it anymore.  Probably too many accidents if it left the shower floor slippery.

@kazu I hope the therapy will help.  I have scoliosis, arthritis, stenosis, and degenerative disc disease.  That last one is described as extensive and severe.  Just keep moving!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, kazu said:

How sad Roy 😢. My prayers for her and her family.  A tragedy!

That is awful - sounds like you have gone downhilll badly 😔. So sorry.  No one can cop on that amount of sleep for long 😢 

Well damn on the envelope.  😡. Stop thinking about it and hopefully it will hit you.  I hope it wasn’t irreplaceable and fell out of the car 🤞 

I never had this until Jose died and it just got progressively worse.  I don’t understand it at all.    i really don’t need to be highlighted - but sure rotation works.  Thanks for the thoughtfulness ♥️ 

Oh dear, Joy.  It sounds like a hard day.  Allen is in my prayers 🙏 

I hope you find a treatment that helps.

A good chiropractor is worth trying.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers for Allen that the MOHS surgeon can help.  I hope tomorrow is a better day all around.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyV  Only 1 more sleep on Maui - you can take me off the celebration list.  This visit has been totally different from our previous ones without Lahaina,

@kazu I think Max sometimes wants to go out for the treat, too - they're funny.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Wow, I leave for the day, and come back and you have all solved my dry skin for me.  Better than the dermatologist I saw 2 weeks ago.  No advice at all.  Just oh you have dry skin on your legs, and oily skin on your face and back.....did nothing to address any of the skin tbs, because she said they were not cancerous.  Good, but I dont want them on my face.  She looked, and that's all she did.  No advice at all.

My traveling friend Charles has an allergy to most laundry soaps, they switched over to Tide Free, which also looks like All Free, so I decided to try them...cant tell them apart.In packaging or how they work.  I got a free sample of zum laundry, and it made everything smell SO good! I just dont want to pay the shipping on it.  Might pick up some at the grocery store and use it on my non wearables, like blankets and comforter.  (I call them woobies).

@kazu and @NickelpennyI wish you both the best of luck on any thing your doctors can do to reduce your back pain.

@Cruzin TerriSeveral years ago I tore both rotator cuffs.  That'll teach me to put out my arms to stop a fall.  I opted out of surgery on my right arm and did physical therapy until the therapy ran out.  For two reasons.  I ended up getting MRSA at the doctors office, and DH decided that that was the time he should have hip replacement.  His surgery did not go very well, and there I was unable to pull him out of his chair.  I had to call my BFF to fly down to help us, and in return, I asked him if he could cruise, where would he want to go, and he said Alaska, and we took him to Alaska.  So when I fell in May of 2020, I remembered not to hold out my arms, and i broke the tip off my elbow, ( i have 4 screws holding it together)and smashed my nose.  Following that surgery, I decided to only walk on dirt paths, and double check my surroundings on everything. If you can try the therapy first.

Dear Lord, please look after all my dailyites, their spouses, families and friends.  Keep them safe, lessen their pains and fears.  May the love of those they know surround them as a giant blanket of warmth and good cheer.  That is my prayer for you all.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

41 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin TerriSeveral years ago I tore both rotator cuffs.  That'll teach me to put out my arms to stop a fall.  I opted out of surgery on my right arm and did physical therapy until the therapy ran out.  For two reasons.  I ended up getting MRSA at the doctors office, and DH decided that that was the time he should have hip replacement.  His surgery did not go very well, and there I was unable to pull him out of his chair.  I had to call my BFF to fly down to help us, and in return, I asked him if he could cruise, where would he want to go, and he said Alaska, and we took him to Alaska.  So when I fell in May of 2020, I remembered not to hold out my arms, and i broke the tip off my elbow, ( i have 4 screws holding it together)and smashed my nose.  Following that surgery, I decided to only walk on dirt paths, and double check my surroundings on everything. If you can try the therapy first.

Goodness, Annie.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.  

• Like 7