The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 23rd,

kazu

Good morning, everyone!

We didn't get as much snow as they promised, but that is ok.  It will be on the ground for a couple of days, but the driveway and road is clear.  Sue should have no trouble picking up River.  My plan is to hit the gym and then do some work around the house.  I got the vacuum out yesterday and started straightening things in the kitchen.  I threw out stuff that we hadn't looked at in over a year and found places to store things that had been sitting on the counter.  Clutter is no issue to Sue, but I can't stand it.  

@seagarsmoker

d4ac4dc4a308ce732596e2b2026dc2c4.jpg.ce6e21bbdeb982fd3059c8dfd8c633f6.jpg

Today's meal sounds really good.  It is low carb and gluten free.  It sounds flavorful and I like that.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7923336/cheesy-portobello-chicken-cutlets-with-broccoli/

chickencutletswithbroccoli1.thumb.jpg.edea383fae824912721a32429c042f1a.jpg

This one is a bit different as they make up the chicken and broccoli mixture and stuff the portabella mushrooms with it.  https://sumptuousliving.net/healthy-chicken-and-broccoli-stuffed-portabella-mushrooms-2/

chickencutletswithbroccoli3.thumb.jpg.9df7e9492d404d66703c2a6148407b42.jpg

This one calls for regular mushrooms, but you could easily use portabella.  Or Baby Bellas.  https://realhousemoms.com/creamy-broccoli-and-mushroom-chicken/

chickencutletswithbroccoli4.thumb.jpg.c4c27f1aec336fc620343cd0b27e4c0a.jpg

I think we'll be having one of these recipes next week.  Tonight I am making the chicken cacciatore from last week.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Posted (edited)

Thank you Jacqui, Vanessa, Roy, Debbie & Dixie! The clouds are moving back in for another rainy morning. 

Vanessa, though I was happy to read that you and your neurosurgeon have a plan, I am sorry that you need to have surgery. Let this step work!

Early morning duties done. Sipping coffee. Will head out to pick my Sister up in a bit under two hours. I know she can’t wait to get home. Her Son & Daughter-in-law should arrive at her place right around the time that we do. 

Later this afternoon, I have a wine tasting event. I will enjoy decompressing for a couple of hours. After taking care of Bindi, I will rejoin the family to see what the plan is. 

Prayers for all who need our support. All of you suffering from pain and debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one. The caretakers. Terry, thinking of you & Tana. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 
Happy Birthday @seagarsmoker

IMG_3005.jpeg.319fcb5913f56a376606d2b45766a5f6.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2023

This SB is delightful. I am glad that it put New Zealand on the wine map, because New Zealand has some amazing wines. Easy to find, reasonably priced. Online prices start at $24.99. 

Winemaker Notes

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc put New Zealand on the map with its captivating flavor. The 2023 is enticing and appealing, with notes of honeydew melon, passionfruit, citrus and blackcurrant leaf.

Professional Ratings

• 93Wine Spectator
    Leaps out of the glass with effusiveness, featuring flavors of apple blossom, Key lime, Honeycrisp, lemon thyme and fresh grated ginger. Notes of passionfruit, pineapple and lemon candy linger on the long, expressive and mouthwatering finish.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Posted (edited)

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  I got my new -keyboard- yesterday- and I got a sale.  I might be back.  shouldn't say that, I might jinx myself again.  
We had a meeting early yesterday morning with DH's heart and vein doc.  We wanted to know what was done during the surgery, and we wanted to know what the next plan was.  Until the hospitals lasers are working properly, the other option, is to get him out and walk every day.  So after we rushed home to walk the neighbors dog, we went for a walk.  We stopped for a grill chicken sandwich, (where i threw out 3/4 of my bread). and then came home and worked.

Todays plan is to work 5 hours, and then figure out what dinner will be.  I wont be cooking it.  And then settle down to more F1 in Australia.

The two gingers were OK with Tiger at first, but now there is a lot of screaming.  (Tiger).  I guess it's true about ginger cats, they love one owner, and will protect them, so Tiger snuggles up with DH when he is on the sofa, And "my reds" stick pretty close to me.  On the love seat.  It's getting crowded there on the love seat.

We were going to go for donuts this morning, but to tell you the truth, I am not going to wake DH up since sleep is he only time he is not in pain.

48e10173dc90cfc713ef382573175a4a.jpg

33389ade0b5d2d957968bda1a37f633b.jpg

minion-memes-22.jpg

03d651f1c58f79493bbde64c3ec23e07--mondays.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

I had chips and dip yesterday, but since today is their day, I'll have them again. 😊If I had a kitten, I'd cuddle it, but will cuddle the cat instead😺 and probably the dogs 🐕 🐶 too since @StLouisCruisers says we can.

Good quote from Ms Roosevelt. I would like the meal sans mushrooms, try the drink, yes please to the wine, not been to the port - look forward to pictures.  Big days in history. 

Kroger delivered our order early this morning. We did not get the chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches - I guess the Universe is looking after my health cuz I'm pretty sure I would have eaten one for breakfast. 

No work today as I'm taking a 3 day weekend. Tomorrow would be my younger brother's birthday; we lost him to suicide and this part of March is difficult. He left 7 children behind and a wife that can barely put one foot before the other. 💔

Yay - no rain forecasted today!! Yard Guy says he'll be out, not sure if it's today or tomorrow, but he has been warned the weeds are thick and wet w/water still standing in the backyard. 

Currently 48° headed to sunny 70°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240323_070810.thumb.jpg.bc0fab2be42a520bc5385b013f8aec92.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone.  It’s rainy and promises to be a little warmer than the past few days.  I’ll definitely celebrate chips and dip and cuddly kittens.  The quote is good advice on not becoming complacent with the good times.  The meal sounds pretty tasty.  Not sure about the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  Happy birthday to @seagarsmoker 🎉

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Prayers for the crew of the Nieuw Amsterdam. We all assume so much when cruising that we don't appreciate all that they do for us.

Vanessa @JazzyV, I had bought a nice dog bed for Juno, our rescue Alaskan Malamute that we had before Sam. She was a normal size female and weighed 92 pounds. When I first met Sam, he hopped out of the Foster's van and I said "He's big!" Sam is 120 pounds and about six inches taller than Juno was. He is my Gentle Giant!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Sam getting ready for a walk.

IMG_13521.thumb.JPG.2f1fcb57bae7fbf5e780b146c9a98a73.JPG

Juno asleep on her bed.

IMG_00071.thumb.JPG.775cc15fff116c75c68e8a2cba1d7565.JPG

Sam asleep on the same bed. That is the largest bed they make!

IMG_12791.thumb.JPG.546fc541c6c926223b69dc69dede6880.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can understand atheists not believing in religion, as there are also people who don't believe in science.  Just because they don't believe, it doesn't make them bad people.  I love chips and dip, but haven't had any recently.  Who doesn't love a cuddly kitten?  While we don't have a kitten in the house, it's a guarantee that I'll have a full grown Sochi on my lap while reading the paper this morning.  

What a terrible day yesterday - first the deaths of 2 Holland America crew members, then the announcement that Princess Catherine is battling cancer, and later the terrorist attack on a concert in Russia where more than 115 people have died and scores more injured.  We just consider ourselves fortunate to have what we do and live where we are.

@JazzyVI'm sending prayers and good vibes that the surgery will vastly improve your quality of life and give you lasting relief from pain.

@Seasick Sailorsending prayers for your sweet Allen; I hope his skin issues can be dealt with quickly to help him feel better.

@seagarsmokerwishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Bon Voyage to @lazey1 and @GTVCRUISER; I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

@Heartgrovethank you for sharing photos of Sam with us - he's a beauty and I can understand why you're letting your DW and her DS go on the cruise without you.  I'd be doing the same.

We went to Gardenscape yesterday and left quite disappointed - it's become a much smaller garden show with very few things that interested us.  Lots and lots and lots of space taken up with hot tubs and spa pools, 4x4 vehicles and barbecues.  The usual special interest groups like beekeepers, lily growers and wetlands advocates were there, but not a lot of greenhouses showing plants.  I guess I'll just keep watching for when the special greenhouse that sells papyrus opens so we can get there on the first day to get our plants for the back yard.  

Not a lot happening here today - I'm going to work on cutting and piecing more coasters together while DH will be on the computer doing more research for his book.  Depending on how things go, we may head out to Tim's for coffee and pick up some hot cross buns on the way home.

I'd order the drink of the day on a BHB if I had the drink package in case I didn't like it - I could just leave it, rather than wasting the money.  I'll pass on the wine, but would like to try today's menu suggestion (minus the broccoli for DH).  I'm trying to make some space in our freezer so or dinner we'll be having spaghetti with Italian sausage in the sauce and a tossed salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning Dailyites 

Another prayer request. 44 pre K kids and 11 adults returning from a bus field trip to Bastrop zoo were struck head on by a cement truck, rolling it over. 1 child killed, an adult from a car at the scene. Police said the car was "pulverized"

• Like 9
  • Thanks 17

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Another prayer request. 44 pre K kids and 11 adults returning from a bus field trip to Bastrop zoo were struck head on by a cement truck, rolling it over. 1 child killed, an adult from a car at the scene. Police said the car was "pulverized"

This is so sad.

Prayers 🙏 for all involved and condolences to the family and friends of the child and adult killed.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Terrible news.  So sad.

Prayers for everyone involved.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I probably shouldn't eat chips and dip, no kitten to cuddle and I respect everyone's beliefs even if they don't align with mine.  Eleanor's quote is a thoughtful one, the meal does sound delicious, no to the drink and wine and never been to Madagascar.  Interesting days in history.

ScreenShot2024-03-23at06_39_19.png.9366b3ce053db09cdd5bd58add50525b.png

Friday was such a day filled with sadness.  My thoughts for all on the NA as that was truly tragic.  And Princess Catherine - what can I say.  I hope the press leave her alone to deal with the shocking diagnosis.

Today should be a lovely day with sunshine.  Presently it is 56F heading up to near 80F.  But tomorrow is another story as we are projected to get rain and cooler temps for a couple of days.  Then back up to around 80F for a couple of days and then back down to the 60s.  Awh, spring in the desert!  Birds are chirping away so I guess I need to put out some bird feed; already put out some hummingbird nectar.  

As I was getting ready to sub yesterday, I suddenly remembered I forgot to go to PT Thursday!!  I feel so stupid; I had placed a grocery pick up order to get as soon as I finished subbing and completely forgot about it.  It would have been my last one but I still have one scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (I have to go look) so at least I can say "Bye" and "Thank you" to my therapist.  Even if I need PT after surgery, which I doubt because I never did after my 2 previous back surgeries, my therapist won't be there as he is a traveler.  

IMG_4200.thumb.JPG.7ba1a4df9ca6ab21b61d67afff77fbf4.JPG

Slowly getting back to the gym, though taking it super easy, doing some cleaning and then nothing planned.  Just rest.  

Happy Birthday @seagarsmoker!!  Thoughts for all who need hugs and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Thanks for mentioning, it is awful. Prayers for all of them and their families.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Ok.. Good morning Dailyites again.

Had to get that prayer request out.

What a helluva day yesterday! Wish we could all have a do-over. Like Sandi said, the prayer lists are growing up, up, up. I was able to remove 2 people from my book, then added in Princess Catherine, the school bus accident,  Moscow deaths.. prayers lifted for all on our Daily. @JazzyV I'm praying your upcoming surgery is successful. @cat shepard Ann, thinking of you and family getting sister settled. Thank heaven for caregivers!

On a happier note, let's hug those kittens! 

image.png.e0dfb68d85f2d635b448e24bdbfd2f7a.png

Chips and dip: My absolute favorite is Grandma's clam dip.

If today's weather holds, we will get to Farmer's market then to lunch.

The recipes today sound great, and I'll keep one for a future dinner.

Sending prayers and blessings and CHEERS to every person on our Daily. Have a wonderful weekend. Xx

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1