The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 23rd,

kazu

I just slugged through yesterday’s Daily, and today’s. A lot to absorb. 
Very sad about the firefighter shot in TX, thanks for the link Elizabeth, @Haljo1935… I sent it to my NM fire chief and EMTs as a reminder. We were taught to knock on a front door from the side!  But it’s really hard to use a halligan tool to pry open a door from the side!  Horrible!  

Tragic news from NA. 💔 DH lost his brother in a work explosion long ago but it’s a loss one doesn’t recover from, at best you get beyond it. I’m sure his children’s life-paths were irreparably altered (niece and nephew). Can’t imagine the the depth of responsibility the captain and the crewmen’s immediate officers feel, the safety officer too. Vessels are dangerous places… I’m so glad our niece managed to survive to retire from her career as a merchant marine officer! (it was her dad who was killed when she was a teen)  My heart and prayers for the crewman’s families, the captain and officers, all the crew and HAL. 

Prayers for Kate and Charles, all their family and Care teams. Cheers for Kate’s bravery to pursue the chemo!  I lost my closest girlfriend to cancer that later blossomed after her surgery seemed to remove all the cancer but she denied the prophylactic chemo…. I was angry about her decision but loved her through the long horrible decline. I hold the Princess in a vision of wholeness and health!  She has SO much to live for and so much love surrounding her!  

@marshhawk enjoy those walks!  💐

@JazzyV I guess we know when it’s time for surgery!  Yours will be the day we drive to Maryland for DH’s second eye surgery. I’ll be praying for you and your care team.  You’ll be in good hands!  Order a grabber now if you don’t have one already. And step-in shoes👍

@Seasick SailorJoy, one day at a time is Everything!  And @Heartgrove too with Sam. Thanks for the great pix!  I have friend with a malamute and a huskie, Big difference! Both so loveable. 

Thanks for all tge spring flower pix!  Glad you took that rude Karen @luvteaching

Rain here all day, flood advisories. Tomorrow we’ll venture out to a local playhouse to see what that’s like, and maybe dinner out? 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. A shout out to atheists too, we don’t all walk the same path but we all need each other. Remembering my mom today on her birthday, 1911, or maybe 1910… no birth certificate, she was adopted so we were never sure.
🎂Happy birthday @seagarsmoker

Cheers for all celebrating Life is Good 🌈

Smooth travels to all away especially our cruisers, and DGD and DH flying to San Antonio to help his mom post surgery. 

Enjoy something today! Thanks all for being here!  

Maureen 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Hi All!

Just stopping by to thank those who keep this thread going and to those who post the pics and memes.  It is so very appreciated🙂

Sending positive thoughts to all.

Snow and wind today in Montreal for PM Mulroney’s funeral, the march to the Cathedral looks cold.

Would love to hug a kitten but I am allergic,  I will hug my pup instead.

Yesterday was such a bad news day in so many ways it really makes me appreciate the good in my life.

Jodi

• Like 25

Good morning.  We went shopping this morning, the snow is melting off rapidly.  John hit a dead end at Home Depot, the screws aisle was fenced off and the replacement light switch for my bath was $47 so he didn't buy it.  I had good luck finding everything at Walmart so that went smoothly.  We headed to my small town pharmacy and all the streets were blocked near it so I passed.  They will have to wait longer for me to come in and pick up my meds.

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports Jacqui and for the maps Roy.   I miss my cuddly kittens.   I have found many photos of them as I am weeding out a lot of old photos in my office cleaning project.   A great quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.   I will pass on the dish, not a fan of broccoli, what the heck is Pendleton?   I always thought it was a blanket.   Yes please on the Cloudy Bay.  I hope there will be some photos of Madagascar,  someday I want to go if HA offers Grand Africa again. 

Prayers for all of the people involved in the catastrophes in the last 24 hours, the wreck near Bastrop, the loss of two souls on the new Amsterdam and for the huge loss of life in Russia.   Prayers for everyone in our group who have been through or facing surgery.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine, Haiti and the innocents in Gaza.   

@Heartgrove thanks for sharing your photos of Sam, what a handsome dog!   

It is a beautiful sunny day here.  I will be sorting photos, working on my plant list for the class and playing the horses at Fair Grounds today.  A big KY Derby prep the Louisiana Derby is this evening.  Have a lovely Saturday!   Nancy

Baby Lidia .jpg

• Like 30

Good morning from a very cloudy and windy Quartzsite.  It is 62F and heading to 75F this afternoon.  Our wind will be about 22mph this afternoon, with the clouds and wind continuing tomorrow, but the wind won't be quite as high.  Then, we'll be back into the 70s and 80s until next Saturday and Sunday.  Of course, the long range forecast could change more than once.

It's been a while since we had chips and dip.  Sadly, we don't have kittens or puppies to cuddle today.  With all that's going on in the world today, we should remember that atheists are people too, and they are caring and loving people.

Eleanor Roosevelt was a very wise woman, and today's quote is very true.

The meal sounds good, and the recipe with the stuffed mushrooms could also be adapted for our vegetarians by substituting cauliflower, carrots, and maybe black beans for the chicken.  The drink sounds interesting to try on a BHB if like Gerry @ger_77 I had the drink package.  I had never heard of the Canadian whiskey Pendleton before today.  Someone else can have my glass of today's wine.

We have not been to Madagascar.

Three interesting days in history to honor covering religion, war and music.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you do not get too much ice, especially on your driveway.  That black hole could include red dachshunds.  We always said our Nikki would be a great help to the crew in the Lido by cleaning the floor for them except for lettuce.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope the roof repairs hold.  Cute kittens.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad the snow was less than predicted.  Safe travels to Sue today when she picks up River.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope all goes well when your DS goes home.  I'm glad her DS and DDIL will be there, and that the family will put a plan in motion to help your DS.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad you have your new keyboard, and congratulations on the sale.  I hope it's the first of many.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope your yard guy can get the grass mowed.

@Heartgrove  Thanks for the pictures of Juno and Sam, two beautiful dogs.

@ger_77  Gerry, can you share some information about your DH's book?

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I read about that horrible accident yesterday.  Our condolences to the families and friends of those killed, and positive thoughts that those injured heal quickly.

I hope today is a better day than yesterday.  We've had enough accidents, explosions, injuries and deaths.

432444167_799377882225378_8472539599778594757_n.jpg.0fc18ba120da3010a32748198bd05934.jpg

432447140_784325300237306_1077025566973194974_n.jpg.a63aaa57f49741012b329c734c431020.jpg

433070673_1579059506259766_1882797648184451770_n.jpg.7e6dfbf554e92e90d116c327611a826f.jpg

433563768_122157571688038244_1159466382563029307_n.jpg.f485fe1ddf55ac6bb7ee1b3b67dab8fe.jpg

433653457_397170376410294_2569243966004920937_n.jpg.2118cefc672ac80316ec99deab59248a.jpg

433684867_786504830019353_2944925041469791411_n.jpg.3a50f5ae42144abf2624a3a15cc72517.jpg

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 11

Posted (edited)

I just slugged through yesterday’s Daily, and today’s. A lot to absorb. 
Very sad about the firefighter shot in TX, thanks for the link Elizabeth, @Haljo1935… I sent it to my NM fire chief and EMTs as a reminder. We were taught to knock on a front door from the side!  But it’s really hard to use a halligan tool to pry open a door from the side!  Horrible!  

Tragic news from NA. 💔 DH lost his brother in a work explosion long ago but it’s a loss one doesn’t recover from, at best you get beyond it. I’m sure his children’s life-paths were irreparably altered (niece and nephew). Can’t imagine the the depth of responsibility the captain and the crewmen’s immediate officers feel, the safety officer too. Vessels are dangerous places… I’m so glad our niece managed to survive to retire from her career as a merchant marine officer! (it was her dad who was killed when she was a teen)  My heart and prayers for the crewman’s families, the captain and officers, all the crew and HAL. 

Prayers for Kate and Charles, all their family and Care teams. Cheers for Kate’s bravery to pursue the chemo!  I lost my closest girlfriend to cancer that later blossomed after her surgery seemed to remove all the cancer but she denied the prophylactic chemo…. I was angry about her decision but loved her through the long horrible decline. I hold the Princess in a vision of wholeness and health!  She has SO much to live for and so much love surrounding her!  

@marshhawk enjoy those walks!  💐

@JazzyV I guess we know when it’s time for surgery!  Yours will be the day we drive to Maryland for DH’s second eye surgery. I’ll be praying for you and your care team.  You’ll be in good hands!  Order a grabber now if you don’t have one already. And step-in shoes👍

@Seasick SailorJoy, one day at a time is Everything!  And @Heartgrove too with Sam. Thanks for the great pix!  I have friend with a malamute and a huskie, Big difference! Both so loveable. 

Thanks for all tge spring flower pix!  Glad you took that rude Karen @luvteaching

Rain here all day, flood advisories. Tomorrow we’ll venture out to a local playhouse to see what that’s like, and maybe dinner out? 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. A shout out to atheists too, we don’t all walk the same path but we all need each other. Remembering my mom today on her birthday, 1911, or maybe 1910… no birth certificate, she was adopted so we were never sure.
🎂Happy birthday @seagarsmoker

Cheers for all celebrating Life is Good 🌈

Smooth travels to all away especially our cruisers, and DGD and DH flying to San Antonio to help his mom post surgery. 

Enjoy something today! Thanks all for being here!  

Maureen 

Oops this got lost for awhile, oh well…. I hope it wasn’t doubled. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

How did you get a picture of my dog?

That looks just like Bertie Woofster.🙂

I liked it because it looked like my little Fox from a few years ago.  😊. You have a good looking Bertie 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends.  Happy birthday, @seagarsmoker.   Bon Voyage to @lazey1 and @GTVCRUISER.  There's a storm gathering here in San Diego.  I hope they sail right on away from it into fair weather and fine seas.

Sad day yesterday and more sad news today from @Seasick Sailor.  Sure does remind how fragile life is and to cherish every day.

Eleanor Roosevelt was an amazing woman, wasn't she?  Her quote rings true.

All the food and drink sounds good today -- even the chips & dip starter.  Haven't been to Madagascar.

Many thanks to the Daily team and all contributors.  @JazzyVVanessa, I'm glad your doctor has a plan for you and will be praying hard that your situation improves.  

Have a great Saturday everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Another prayer request. 44 pre K kids and 11 adults returning from a bus field trip to Bastrop zoo were struck head on by a cement truck, rolling it over. 1 child killed, an adult from a car at the scene. Police said the car was "pulverized"

How horrible 😢. My prayers for all who were in that bus 🙏 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like chip and dip if it's tortilla chips and salsa. No kitten to cuddle here. Excellent quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Tolanaro. 3 good days in history; I love the Messiah and have gone to many performances of it.

It's chilly here and rained overnight. It's clearing up. Our town is having an Easter Egg hunt, so I don't know if that went off. Rain date is tomorrow. I slept better last night, getting about 5 hours. The contractor is having the house cleaners come next week. That way I can try to get things put back in place before the surgery. Thank you for all your kind wishes about that. So much sadness in the world, especially the last 24 hours. Prayers for all. 

@summer slope Thanks for the link to the first drink ingredient, as I had no idea what it was.

@kazu Ugh, sorry to hear the bad weather continues for you. Stay in and stay safe.

@smitty34877 I hope no leaks or flooding for you! 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I'm glad the weather isn't keeping Sue from picking up River; enjoy having her with you.

@cat shepard Good news on your Sister going home today.

@marshhawk Congrats on the sale. I hope the hospital lasers get repaired so DH can get his vein problem fixed.

@Heartgrove Great photos of Sam, and Juno.

@Seasick Sailor I heard about that accident. So sad. A lot of others injured too.

@RMLincoln Thanks. Before I tried out the injection, I started collecting things. I have a grabber, bought a pair of slip in shoes and a long handled shoe horn. I was reading the very comprehensive package put together by the NS's surgery prep RN and somewhat dismayed to hear no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting or lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks! I think that will be the hardest part to follow. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DM!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 
@seagarsmoker happy birthday!  
@RMLincolnsometimes it’s hard to understand decisions,  some forgo regular diagnostic tests,  refuse biopsies….   But sometimes the best decision can be to not have chemo depending on the individual.  Current thinking and newer studies don’t recommend for low or even moderate risks for some cancers.  But each person has to weigh the pros and cons of treatment and side effects for themselves, hopefully with good advice from their oncologists.    Glad you supported your friend in her decision.   
Bonvoyage to those heading off! 
the snow continues….

IMG_4334.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone and thank you or the Daily. Congrats to all celebrating and prayers for all those suffering.

For whoever was asking about the can opener that was discussed on here awhile back...I believe this was one of them. I ordered one based on the discussion and love it!

It is called Kitchen Mama

Tried to post the link but it is so long.... Amazon and others have it.

Marge

Edited by Love the beach
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. 😀

Quiet day here. Suzi and I are going out for steak dinner later this afternoon. One year ago, we had that in the PS on the NS and it was yummy. 😋 hmmm, maybe we can get the PG to deliver... 😏 

I hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 17

Attention SoCal backyard farmers.

The "Tomatozania" event is on at the Cal Poly Pomona Farm Store.

IMG_2781.jpg.eac108da9f46cdbc1da9b06c803d44d1.jpg

The other day Mrs. XBGuy picked up a half-dozen, or so, various plants for her backyard farm.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Bon Voyage @lazey1 and @GTVCRUISER/  Happy Birthday @seagarsmoker.  Welcome home @Lady Hudson.  I believe people should be to celebrate their own beliefs and will salute Atheist Day.  Cuddling a kitten sounds nice but I'll pass on the chip and dip.

I like Eleanor Roosevelt's  quote and the three days in history.  I have not been to Madagascar.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Apple Pear and Cucumber Salad, Surf (and turf), and Almond and Orange Cake my penultimate dinner on MS Prinsendam March 23, 2019 (can it be 5 years already):

dishes23.jpg

Yesterday was not a goof off day.  I thought I was ready to file my federal takes and everything looked fine on Turrbotax, but the IRS rejected the return and told me I was missing a form that I could not access although Turbotax said it would supply it.  I don't know if I'll have time to fool with it today.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4