The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 23rd,

kazu

Today is Atheist Day, Chips and Dip Day, and Cuddly Kitten Day

When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Meal Suggestion for today - Cheesy Portobello Chicken Cutlets with Broccoli
Drink of the Day - Cowboy
Wine of the Day - Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Tolanaro, Madagascar

Today in History:
1490 1st dated edition of Maimonides "Mishneh Torah", a code of Jewish religious law is published
1775 Patrick Henry proclaims "Give me liberty or give me death" in speech in favour of Virginian troops joining US Revolutionary war
1743 George Frideric Handel's oratorio "Messiah" premieres at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Basseterre St Kitts, Port Zante 08:00 - 17:00 

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 7:00-15:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 03-24

Oosterdam

Pisco, Paracas-Puerto General San Martin, Peru 06:00 - 17:00 

Rotterdam

Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

Moorea Island, Society Islands French Polynesia 08:00 - 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala eta 03-24

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Kagoshima City, Japan Kagoshima 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

Singapore - 17:00

• Like 15
  • Thanks 26

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

Terrible news this AM with a steam pipe explosion on the Nieuw Amsterdam killing 2 crew members, prayers for their souls.

67 right now and after a rainy Friday it’s going to be sunny with a high of 77 today.

No comment on one of the days but the other 2 are good especially with all our cat lovers here.

Thought provoking quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.

I’ll try the meal as there aren’t many chicken concoctions that I would turn down.

Never been to Madagascar or anywhere else in Africa but I’d love to visit Egypt and the Pyramids along with the Valley of the Kings but it’s not going to happen.

Saturday morning means it breakfast at our favorite diner. 
Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

As we sail up the coast of China to Vietnam the internet has been slow as molasses. Won’t even think of posting any pics. It’s been a hazy day and not sure if it’s weather related or poor air quality? I’m sure there will be some extra eyes on bridge watch tonight as junk fishing boats abound.

Thanks for the report and post. It was sad to hear about the Nieuw Amsterdam crew members. Bruce

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

It is 44°F, breezy and sunny here.

I believe in God and I am a Church of England Christian so don't understand Atheists.

Cuddly kittens are lovely every day.

A good quote today.

Today's food and wine sounds good.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  Today it is 55F with light rain expected for the next few hours.  After a high of 68 and cloudy skies the sun will return in late afternoon.  

Thanks go to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for this Saturday.  Atheists I'm not so sure about but chips and dip and cuddly kittens are to be recognized today.  Another great day on March 23 is National Puppy Day so hurray for the pups!  An interesting quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.  I might try the chicken dish, no idea about the Cowboy cocktail but would enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc.  My, what interesting days in history on this date.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the reporting today.  

Prayers for so many and more were included yesterday.  First my DB and great nephew Alex's twin boys, and friends Scott, Susan, and Sandy.  Our Dailyites in need of prayers for health and well being issues.  Praying that Vanessa's @JazzyV April surgery will go well and will remove the pain from her body.  Sincere prayers for Princess Catherine and King Charles as they both undergo cancer treatment.  For the families of the Nieuw Amsterdam crew members killed in the accident on board.  The people of Ukraine and Israel, the hostages, and the military members in the region in harm's way. The unfortunate individuals who died in fires this past week.  The list is too long!  Hoping for improvement for all and that the list dwindles down to nothing someday.  Very optimistic of me.  

But happiness and congratulations to those who have reason to celebrate and the cruisers are included.  🥂🎂🚢  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping.  You do a stellar job!

The port of the day is Tolanaro, Madagascar.  This was the port before on March 7, 2021, May 18, 2022 and May 20, 2023.  I have not been to that port before but if you have, please share some photos!  Here are the links for you.

Have a good day today everyone, and please stay safe and keep well.  Bon Voyage to Jane @lazey1 and Gary @GTVCRUISER!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Cowboy Cocktail:

Ingredients

• 1.5 oz Pendleton® Original
  • 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
  • Soda Water

• 1 Cherry & Lemon Wheel

Methods

Combine all ingredients except soda water into a cocktail mixing tin. Add ice and shake until well combined. Fill a tall collins or highball glass with ice half way. Pour cocktail mixture into glass. Top with soda water and serve.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 6.46.06 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

I'm still trying to digest all the bad news from the last 24 hours.  Praying today is a better day for everyone.

Another cold day for us, with a few flurries in the forecast.  Hurry up spring, we need you.

True quote, words to live by.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to the recipe.  The drink sounds good, I know I'll like the wine.

Prayers for so many.

Stay safe.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Happy Saturday, Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Rainy weekend. Expecting up to 3 to 4 inches of rain. This will be a test for the new sump pump. 

Terrible news about the Nieuw Amsterdam. She holds a special place in my heart as my first HAL cruise ship. Thinking about the two crew members lost and the rest of the crew in their grief. 

Day 2 of EMDR training.

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Saturday, Have A Wonderful Weekend Pictures, Photos, and Images ...

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Cruisins sister’s DS’s heavenly birthday

Seasick Sailor’s DH Allen with several skin issues

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness, surgery in April

Princess Catherine undergoing cancer treatment

2 crew members killed due to steam line bursting on Nieuw Amsterdam

Victims in Moscow concert shooting

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Lazey1 with mitral stenosis, treated for pulmonary edema

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Lazey 1!

Bon Voyage GTVCRUISER!

Happy Birthday Seagarsmoker!

Welcome Home Lady Hudson!

Vict0riann’s DD not requiring surgery for her fractured humerus

Bennybear’s DS doing well with masters defense

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam Mar 24 to Mar 31) 7d E. Caribbean

6 days for Smmessineo (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

6 days for POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei (to April  10), Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Lazey1 (Koningsdam to Mar 30) 7d Mexic RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 23

Good Saturday morning.  Thanks Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann & Debbie for your ongoing contributions.

I would gladly cuddle a kitten if I had one.  That quote of Eleanor’s is ever so true.  Yum on the meal and even yummier on the white wine 😘 Hard to believe that it is so long ago that Handel blessed us with his Messiah 👍 

IMG_2020.thumb.jpeg.8d7d561c158422c93bb59f45a7be425b.jpeg

So much sad news - Princess Kate, the 2 crewmen killed on the N Amsterdam & the  over 100 people killed in Russia after Putin ignored the warnings from the U.S. embassy.

Well, it’s the first weekend of Spring so, of course - we are getting a storm - a bunch of snow, then ice/freezing rain and then rain.  Flood & power outage warnings, etc.  Ivan and I will be hunkering down until this mess is over later tomorrow and hope I don’t end up with ice on the driveway 🤞 

IMG_1702.thumb.jpeg.2f80352441e475325d17ec5fa67225aa.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering loss, grief, pain, health problems, worries and those that need them. 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_2222.thumb.jpeg.99bea5d78b0c91ac6a5d965be279b68a.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Good morning. It is absolutely pouring and we hope the roof and gutter repairs hold with no leaking or flooding. The recipe sounds good to me and I have not been to Madagascar.Mrs Roosevelt was a very wise woman.

@seagarsmoker,  a very Happy Birthday to you!

Bon Voyage to @lazey1 and @GTVCRUISER!

Two cuddly kitties

Attachment.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1