The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 23rd,

kazu

45 minutes ago, Love the beach said:

For whoever was asking about the can opener that was discussed on here awhile back...I believe this was one of them. I ordered one based on the discussion and love it!

It is called Kitchen Mama

Tried to post the link but it is so long.... Amazon and others have it.

Marge

A year and a bit ago, I got a Kitchen Mama when I was a one armed bandit thanks to the help I got on this thread.  It was an absolute life saver and gave me some independence.  I

I highly recommend it.  

• Like 16

Good chilly afternoon. It looks like the rain is finally over. It was pouring all day. It was a good day to be lazy.

We are having chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. 
Continuing prayers for the NA crew.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 13

Greetings all. My taxes are filed! Hallelujah.  I still have the trust return for my father’s Canada pension death benefit but it doesn’t have to be filed until July and I found an accountant who will help me. I will gladly pay for his time since I refuse to read 247 pages of the trust income tax guide for something I will only ever do once.  Now I need to shred all the discarded files for old tax returns. 

we have sunshine but are right at freezing and will be cold overnight. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday but it has all disappeared.

so many sad things going on, so much prayer needed. 

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, superoma said:

Greetings all. My taxes are filed! Hallelujah.  I still have the trust return for my father’s Canada pension death benefit but it doesn’t have to be filed until July and I found an accountant who will help me. I will gladly pay for his time since I refuse to read 247 pages of the trust income tax guide for something I will only ever do once.  Now I need to shred all the discarded files for old tax returns. 

Good move on getting it done (or help) by a professional.  I had our accountant do Jose’s (too hard to look at his information) and CPP trust return last year.

That was the last year for the accountant since now it’s just me and the Professional Corp has been ended at long last 👍 

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Tonight from 8:30-9:30 PM local time, it’s Earth Hour

🌍 Turn off your lights for an hour

🌍 Unplug unused electronics

(I’ll be in bed so this will be easy. 😉)

IMG_2826.thumb.jpeg.0fc8cb05b20b9d948035dedddde23b3e.jpeg

thanks Marcia!  I nearly forgot it today.  Much appreciated 🙂 

• Like 7

@dobiemom for the life of me I cannot get rid of the laugh on your message.  I am sitting in my easy chair with my laptop and it doesn't want to allow me to change it.  I wish our neighbors would turn off their excess outside lights at night.  

• Like 7

Good afternoon from a windy Quartzsite.  Before it got too windy, I got a few more things checked off the to do list, stored for the summer, and loaded on the motorhome.  I also got one of the storage sheds straightened up enough so that we can put the RZRs in it for the summer.  Tomorrow, we'll make a quick run to Blythe for things we need until I have time to shop in Texas.  Then I will work more on getting things ready to put on the motorhome, and maybe actually getting more loaded.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like chip and dip if it's tortilla chips and salsa. No kitten to cuddle here. Excellent quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Tolanaro. 3 good days in history; I love the Messiah and have gone to many performances of it.

It's chilly here and rained overnight. It's clearing up. Our town is having an Easter Egg hunt, so I don't know if that went off. Rain date is tomorrow. I slept better last night, getting about 5 hours. The contractor is having the house cleaners come next week. That way I can try to get things put back in place before the surgery. Thank you for all your kind wishes about that. So much sadness in the world, especially the last 24 hours. Prayers for all. 

@summer slope Thanks for the link to the first drink ingredient, as I had no idea what it was.

@kazu Ugh, sorry to hear the bad weather continues for you. Stay in and stay safe.

@smitty34877 I hope no leaks or flooding for you! 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I'm glad the weather isn't keeping Sue from picking up River; enjoy having her with you.

@cat shepard Good news on your Sister going home today.

@marshhawk Congrats on the sale. I hope the hospital lasers get repaired so DH can get his vein problem fixed.

@Heartgrove Great photos of Sam, and Juno.

@Seasick Sailor I heard about that accident. So sad. A lot of others injured too.

@RMLincoln Thanks. Before I tried out the injection, I started collecting things. I have a grabber, bought a pair of slip in shoes and a long handled shoe horn. I was reading the very comprehensive package put together by the NS's surgery prep RN and somewhat dismayed to hear no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting or lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks! I think that will be the hardest part to follow. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DM!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, that is good news you slept more last night.  I know you will be happy when the house cleaners are finished and you can put things back in place.  I hope the new radiator can be found and installed soon.

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@seagarsmoker happy birthday!  
@RMLincolnsometimes it’s hard to understand decisions,  some forgo regular diagnostic tests,  refuse biopsies….   But sometimes the best decision can be to not have chemo depending on the individual.  Current thinking and newer studies don’t recommend for low or even moderate risks for some cancers.  But each person has to weigh the pros and cons of treatment and side effects for themselves, hopefully with good advice from their oncologists.    Glad you supported your friend in her decision.   
Bonvoyage to those heading off! 
the snow continues….

IMG_4334.jpeg

Brenda, your snow is pretty from this distance, but I bet you wish you were back in Hawaii.

3 hours ago, superoma said:

we have sunshine but are right at freezing and will be cold overnight. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday but it has all disappeared.

so many sad things going on, so much prayer needed. 

Eva, I know you are glad all the taxes are finished and filed.  I'm glad you are getting help with the trust return for your father's pension death benefit.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

No objection to atheists as such, but I'm the admin of a Spacehook group--not having to do with religion--that is populated mostly by atheist missionaries. They seem not to remember that I'm a professional religious worker.

I'd like to have chips and dip. I haven't cuddled a kitten since 1995, when Addison and Fergus were kittens; all cats since then have come to me as adults.

The meal suggestion would be OK if served to me, but I couldn't make it at home. The drink seems pretentious for what it is. For a Sauvignon Blanc, I was going to go with Dr. Frank's 2022, but it's already sold out and so is Hazlitt 1852's 2022. I'll nominate Keuka Lake Vineyards 2021, which confusingly was actually grown at Hazlitt's on Seneca Lake.

I did not make the cake yesterday. Dinner was asparagus with what would have been chicken cacciatore if I had had any chicken, plus a Grenache-Syrah blend from Israel.

burningofthewintercoats.thumb.jpg.d2131437ede0f00600a3c7abb9c53935.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Good Evening,  thanks for the daily fleet report.  The day flew by.  We took the scenic train around the island and got rained on twice during the excursion.  The rum was flowing freely so no one minded getting wet.

Last night was another brand new show with a very talented singer.   Tonight's show is a comedian. 

Tonight's dinner was in the Tamarind.  Service was excellent as was the food. I stepped outside my comfort zone and tried the Barramundi.

20240323_180037.thumb.jpg.78d1885d747b60899a1b688248de3854.jpg

• Like 15

@kochleffel I always enjoy your posts although sometimes I need to Google to understand them.  Unfortunately, I am unable to discern the meaning of a “Spacehook group”.  Could you please enlightened me?

Loved the cartoon.  Here in MD we have the “burning of the socks” which was celebrated today in Annapolis.

Celebrate the spring equinox and the beginning of boating season each March by burning those nasty winter socks at the Annapolis Oyster Roast & Sock Burning. In a tradition dating back to the late-1970s, Annapolitans relieve themselves of the necessities of winter as the “Burn Your Socks” is recited.

About-photo-768x512.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Loved the cartoon.  Here in MD we have the “burning of the socks” which was celebrated today in Annapolis.

Celebrate the spring equinox and the beginning of boating season each March by burning those nasty winter socks at the Annapolis Oyster Roast & Sock Burning. In a tradition dating back to the late-1970s, Annapolitans relieve themselves of the necessities of winter as the “Burn Your Socks” is recited.

About-photo-768x512.jpg

OMG - I wish Tina.  I’m just watching the ice form on top of the ice here and hoping the rain changes and washes it away.  I definitely need my socks still and believe me, the sooner I can get rid of them, the happier I am 😉 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, daisybertie said:

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.7b5caa0f3b4bf75fead5fa795fb9c49f.jpegSome lovely kittens to brighten everyone’s day.

IMG_0547.thumb.jpeg.236c64b712b0187ff962f2a8a16ece45.jpeg

Gosh yes!! What's better than a basket of kittens on Cuddly Kitten Day?! Adorable - thanks for sharing. Day officially brightened.

• Like 6

Arrived home from Hawaii this morning after a night flight from Kona. I actually slept most of the way! I think we all survived-it was fun with the 9 and 11year old DGS but we were all a bit fed up with the impatience and semi-rudeness of the 22-year-old DGD. Weather was better than expected with much less rain than forecasted. But now I'm cold which is rare for me. One interesting moment was when I went to put a pan of brownies in the oven and the front glass panel of the oven door fell off. Barely grazed my foot and didn't break so all was good. Maintenance came the next morning and put it back in place. No activity at the volcano but still interesting to see-again for me but new to the boys. Now I've got a lot of catching up to do on the Daily. Take care everyone!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

Unfortunately, I am unable to discern the meaning of a “Spacehook group”.

Spacehook = the social-media site whose cruise groups are not allowed to be mentioned on CC. The group I administer isn't about any form of travel, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3