The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 29th, 2024

8 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Thank you for this, Roy! You've done some fine sleuthing to pull this together.

Truly outstanding work!

Now that I think about it I should probably try to add Halfacts giving space for the database that allows easy takeover by guest hosts.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

As I remember it, in the 1950s just about everyone who grew roses at all had a specimen of 'Peace.' Francis Meilland developed it in France in the 1930s, and just before the German invasion he sent cuttings to growers in other countries. Supposedly the cuttings to the U.S. left on the last plane out of France. There was no communication during the war among the growers in various countries, with the result that it became known as Mme. Meilland in France, Gioia in Italy, Peace in North America (where the Conard Pyle company introduced it on the day that Berlin fell) and Scandinavia, and Gloria Dei in Germany.

Speaking of Berlin, I haven't been back since the wall came down, but I passed through it many times before that, once to stay a week in East Germany. The German spoken there, and the food, were essentially pre-war: lots of cold cuts but almost no fresh fruit or vegetables.

Not sure about the corn salad or the drink. For a Sauvignon Blanc, Hector Wine Company 2022, fermented with indigenous yeasts, unfined, unfiltered, $19.50.

overheadbinseating.thumb.jpg.a613a40525e5edf0d6eb704da69e5c7b.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Good morning and Happy Monday. Wow on those tornadoes and so sad for the loss of lives. I’m anxious about flying on Thursday because of this. I’m not usually an anxious flyer. 

All good days to celebrate today. The salad recipes look good and thank you Tina @0106, I think I would prefer your recipe too. 

Roy @rafinmd, thank you for your timeline. I was an early member of CC and the HAL board, May 12, 2000. It’s a long story but the DD host Walt posted a lot on an AOL travel board for HAL that I hosted. AOL was shutting down their boards and Walt suggested that I join CC which I did. I didn’t post much but did join some M&G’s and even did one myself in 2001. I don’t remember anything like the Fleet Report back then.  I didn’t check CC very often, just mostly when I was planning and going on a cruise. I became more active in February 2020 when the rumors started about covid and a possible shutdown. I was interested in what was going to happen and I had a cruise planned for May 2020. That is why I started reading the FR daily and I sure am happy that I did. I not only have met some delightful people who have become friends but also enjoyed the community we have become. There is nothing like it anywhere else. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Can you get me a piece of the rock!

Are you certain you want something that the Brits squatted on for a couple of hundred years? 🙄 😁 

(Apologies to Graham )

• Like 8
  • Haha 14

We were pleasantly surprised when the phone repairman arrived before 9 am.  It turns out, when they installed the fiber optic cable, they forgot one final step; so we were really without the landline for almost three weeks.  That shows how often we use the landline.

It is warming up, but still humid, and I see patches of blue sky.  I'm heading out shortly to start on the yard work.  I want to have the area around the a/c until finished before the technicians get here to perform the annual maintenance work.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thank all!  Sending good wishes for all those medical appointments today.  I’m heading off this morning as well.    

We thoroughly enjoyed Kochi,  beautiful vintage silk kimonos were also for sale! I may have purchased a few.   There is also a lovely castle to visit,  slippery ladders to climb and a beautiful bridge.  Don’t miss their hay smoked tuna. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ba397afc5397f9187b6b0b7bac4a9541.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5f2cdb258a062447292bd956fc20b573.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8ead390e991f279a2e34d7a5594d7301.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.46c13fd2006429191a5759b907e4253b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1168b20e06b501823646b6de8147f68a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.093e5cb856716bf88b57fd8f3a5eb7d5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b316dd72bc9021887e2e06c18496672e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b548a29be6a91f8f867756094061039f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eb79de38ecc1044bb64ab586680fb9fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1e03d0ee3e29f750c53d7bfb6ab5cbc0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.34bf73a863005a5e706925c9f379e45c.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for more wonderful pictures from Japan.  We have enjoyed our visits there, but there is a lot of Japan we have not seen.

Lend

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

A quick hello this (late) morning.

Good selection of days, but I'll pass on the meal and drink.  Not sure about the SB, but I'd certainly try it!  Have not been to Japan.

I think I'll head out and get some more annuals....I know, it's a sickness...😂  The sun is actually shining but for how long?

Hoping to hear something from Guest Services soon about the bad video we bought on the Grand Australia.  Very disappointing to get it home and find out it doesn't work. 😞 

Prayers for all on the Care List and cheers for all who are celebrating! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good Hot 89 feels like 96 afternoon.

I think I posted this last fall in the can’t make this up category.

Wally the “emotional support “ alligator whose owner tried to take him to a Phillies game and was denied entry, decided to take him on vacation. He took him to Brunswick Georgia where he was last seen on April 21st. He did not file a police report because he did not have a permit for him to visit there. 
Have a good afternoon everyone.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 12
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Are you certain you want something that the Brits squatted on for a couple of hundred years? 🙄 😁 

(Apologies to Graham )

Ok, I will handle this through Prudential!

By the way VMaz1700, since you are from Cork, did this phrase come from your town, “Stick a Cork in it”.

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Last time we docked in Gibraltar on P&O Iona March 10th 2022.

Screenshot_20240429_193646.jpg

Looks like that rock is too big for me. By the way, I heard when your there, do not monkey around! 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Looks like that rock is too big for me. By the way, I heard when your there, do not monkey around! 😀

The monkeys on the rock are dangerous.

This one is quite tame.😄

Screenshot_20210508_133758.jpg

Screenshot_20240429_200514.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Haha 6

Good afternoon all. Just a short check in. It is cloudy today and a bit on the chilly side.

I am still trying to recover from the bout of whatever that was.... feeling on the tired side, and a bit wobbly at times. We are starting to clear out my friend's condo and since there were books of mine over there, those had to start to move. I am not sure what I will do with them.... sorting will take some time. But in order to make room for them I started to clear space in my storage shed. My next door neighbor, Connie heard me, came over and had me sit while she moved stuff and sorted it into piles for disposal at my direction. She has now taken my car and is headed to the thrift store with the first load. I owe her big time!!!!! But the project is now started. I am not the only one to report having this bug... they say it lasts about 2 days but results in about a week of feeling punk afterward. I will so testify.

So, probably back to bed for awhile, under the observation and care of the dogs. They are sticking very close to me.

Susan

Bandit and Monty (we worry about Mom and she is slow to feed us)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Its mid afternoon, and today did not go well.  Hoping to get DH off all the meds, and have a nerve block.  Doc wouldnt do it, said he was scared that inserting a needle would push more cancer closer to the brain. Or cause bleeding near the brain.  So we have to figure out something else. He did mention meditation, mindfulness and that DH could get free acupuncture through Windship, as long as one of his docs were with Winship.  And while we were in that appointment, another one of his dics office's called and told him the doc wanted to see him, we went over there (to Winsdhip) she was not available and wont be until June, so what is he supposed to do with the hole that has now appeared in his face and goes through his cheek?  Any way, once the front desk saw him, and the tape that he has to wear so he can swallow, they called, and he has an appointment tomorrow .  And then the very early one on Wednesday. with the cancer dermatologist.  At this point Mose surgery is not an option, and the cancer seems to be inside his nose.

Long day, work tonight, long day tomorrow, work tomorrow night, long day on Wednesday, work Wednesday night....Please keep CHuck in your prayers as he has run out of options at this point, besides the immunotherapy which does nothing for the pain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 23

@marshhawk Annie,  prayers for Chuck.  I am so glad that they could get him in tomorrow although he sounds to have a terrible situation.   ❤️‍🩹

Prayers for all the families involved in the tornadoes in the midwest.   I was watching all the scary videos coming through on Facebook all evening.  

All went well with my doctor appointment.  My Enbrel refills sent to Walgreen's in Iron Mountain for summer.  My sharp back pain on turning is sacro-ilieac and not sciatica.   I can get a shot in the area if it continues.  I know from past injections that the cortisone injections can last a long time with good pain relief.  Blood chemistry all normal, CBC continues to be wacky but one number is low,  RBC, but CV and one other are high which I think compensates for low red blood cells.   Never seems to bother him.   

We really didn't get any rain to speak of which is fine with me, we have had quite a bit already.  Nancy 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

By the way VMaz1700, since you are from Cork, did this phrase come from your town, “Stick a Cork in it”.

I believe my DW was the first to use that expression [on me]. 😉  However I now know how that other expession started "you have some neck" [ on me again] 🫣

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

December 5 or 6, 2019 David Luv2trvl and DW trvlcrzy take over the Fleet Report for over 10 years

Thanks for all the research. I have just one small correction. Shouldn't that be December 5 or 6, 2009

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Thanks for all the research. I have just one small correction. Shouldn't that be December 5 or 6, 2009

Nice catch.

Roy

• Like 10

@marshhawk 
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺Dearest Annie,

My prayers reach out to dear Chuck and you at this crucial time in your lives! May GOD place his hands upon both of you and find strength during this time!

LOVE ❤️ TO YOU BOTH

🌺Sincerely,

Denise

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, 

It's a cloudy/sunny/windy day - typical for the Pacific Northwest! I'm finally home. Today was two water aerobics classes and then I did the banking since tomorrow is payday and I'm within minutes of the bank. That saves a trip to town tomorrow which takes about 25 minutes. 

I got home and my wonderful DS had been here. My new office chair was put together, he'd filled the hummingbird feeders and brought in a package that came in the mail. I missed seeing him and having a visit but it's ok. He's gone back to school this quarter (first time) and told me today he has 1035 in his Communication Class! As an adult ADHD with a tendency to not be focused and organized he's learning time management and how to make things work. Yay!!! 

Now to put the new chair in place and I want to get some cleaning done in my craft room - particularly my desk as I know there's an Amazon gift card on there somewhere!

Karen

• Like 15

Good afternoon, another busy day here.  My mom had a peace rose in her garden.  Make a wish is a great organization!  

@marshhawkHugs and prayers for you and your DH...

Have a good afternoon, and blessings on your day.  karen

• Like 14