ICON of the poop

10 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just think of the % that must get wasted !

10 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just think of the % that must get wasted !

Many restaurants where I live put down a bread basket.

I like it better when they used to walk around with the bread selection.  Point and be served only what you wanted.  

Me....we refuse the bread basket.  Already have too much food served at dinner and lunch!  😮 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I like it better when they used to walk around with the bread selection.  Point and be served only what you wanted.  

Me....we refuse the bread basket.  Already have too much food served at dinner and lunch!  😮 

Agree. I was a lot more disciplined on how much I (we) ate when the servers roamed around with the bread. Glad they still do that in the MDR in the morning with the breakfast pastries. Kathy always likes to soak up the garlic butter from her escargot with bread. The few times I've had escargot I did the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2024 at 6:02 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Best to stay in the Adult only area- However with Senior Citizens, who knows what is in the water!

Dentures? Toupee? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Agree. I was a lot more disciplined on how much I (we) ate when the servers roamed around with the bread. Glad they still do that in the MDR in the morning with the breakfast pastries. Kathy always likes to soak up the garlic butter from her escargot with bread. The few times I've had escargot I did the same. 

LOL...during the first quarter of the WC for breakfast the first two months...we called them the "donut pushers" 😄  

They kept trying to temp us...but we resisted.  Barely.  😉 

BTW...your bro loves those "snails".   He always orders them without the slice of garlic  bread....like the Caesar salad sans croutons.  

Me...I love the garlic toast!  😋

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

In France I've seen them dump the remainder of a table's bread basket into the remainder of another table's basket, and put it on a new table.  Didn't bother me a bit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

In France I've seen them dump the remainder of a table's bread basket into the remainder of another table's basket, and put it on a new table.  Didn't bother me a bit!

With the possibility of getting e-coli it should

58 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

With the possibility of getting e-coli it should

Lol nope.  I'm sure there's many other things I touch in life that are far worse.  And they haven't given me e-coli either!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BND said:

It gets ground up with other food and becomes fish food.  At a certain distance off land they can eject organic matter. Would you rather eat bread that has been on a couple of other tables?

Never stated that at all .... Just making an observation . However it could be easily remedied if the service were like it used to be and the assistant waiter came around with a tray and gave you whichever kind you wanted . Now you are lucky to have your water topped up . 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Never stated that at all .... Just making an observation . However it could be easily remedied if the service were like it used to be and the assistant waiter came around with a tray and gave you whichever kind you wanted . Now you are lucky to have your water topped up . 

Cheers

Water gets topped off regularly.  As for the bread, just working with what I see.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If parents don't want to supervise their kids, they should leave them in the kids club.  The kids will be perfectly safe (and most kids will be really happy).  There are other lines that only close their kids club for one hour breaks at lunch and dinner - if the kids are driving people crazy all over the ship, then I'd recommend that you mention wanting more kids club hours in the post cruise surveys (currently RC kids clubs close from 12-2 and 5-7).  The parents should do their jobs and watch their kids (especially around the water) but some of them won't and the cruise line employees really don't get paid enough to deal with angry entitled parents, so if the kids clubs were open for more hours hopefully the parents who want to relax can put the kids there.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, time4u2go said:

LOL....but...🤢

Then again the open air markets in Europe would put any USDA agent into a meltdown.  😮 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2024 at 11:36 AM, loman said:

I eat every thing with utensils in the buffet . I dont touch any of the food with my hands. 

I select food that is eatable with a knife and fork . 

We never eat the bread in the dining room , we just ask to take it away .

If you see someone eating a muffin with a knife and fork , thats me .

If i eat a slice of pizza i throw away the crust if im manhandling it .

And never touch your face .

... What ??

• Like 2

On 5/13/2024 at 10:36 AM, loman said:

I eat every thing with utensils in the buffet . I dont touch any of the food with my hands. 

I select food that is eatable with a knife and fork . 

We never eat the bread in the dining room , we just ask to take it away .

If you see someone eating a muffin with a knife and fork , thats me .

If i eat a slice of pizza i throw away the crust if im manhandling it .

And never touch your face .

Please send the bread basket to my table.  There are never enough rolls with the pumpkin seeds on them and they are my favorites.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Please send the bread basket to my table.  There are never enough rolls with the pumpkin seeds on them and they are my favorites.  

+!  LOVE the pumpkin seed rolls !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

44 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

+!  LOVE the pumpkin seed rolls !

Me too😀

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cherful59 said:

Me too😀

Our favorite as well.  Our servers learn pretty quickly to bring more to our table since they are almost immediately gone from the first couple of baskets that are set at the table.  Personally my favorite was the onion roll.  R.I.P. onion roll, I miss you

ETA I never got the hype of the savory bites.  Looked and tasted like something that got found in the back of the oven after too long.

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Our favorite as well.  Our servers learn pretty quickly to bring more to our table since they are almost immediately gone from the first couple of baskets that are set at the table.  Personally my favorite was the onion roll.  R.I.P. onion roll, I miss you

ETA I never got the hype of the savory bites.  Looked and tasted like something that got found in the back of the oven after too long.

My DH had always ordered the savory bites and I couldn't understand why either. I have sensitive teeth and was always worried that they might break my teeth! Way too crunchy for me!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

I agree!  🙂  The pumpkin seed rolls are my favorite. 

• Like 1

This thread went from poop to bread.

i was on Icon last week and one of the worse things were all the lousy and odd chairs.

many were too low and also uncomfortable too.

best part of Icon was the promenade.

• Like 1