Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gingercruiser said:

So does this mean as a diamond member of RC and Elite on Celebrity, I now get the 4 free daily drinks on Celebrity as well? I’m confused 

No, Celebrity has happy hour from 5-7 only. Totally different from RCI which allows you 4 drinks anytime all day & night. 

Celebrity also has a very limited HH menu of drinks. 

Look at the posting referring to Elite HH on this forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3011124-captains-club-elite-cocktail-hour/page/3/#comment-67451975

Edited by asctony

8 minutes ago, A Pound a Day said:

According to the FAQ regarding The Retreat in general, one of the questions is:

Can Captain's Club Zenith members enjoy access to The Retreat Lounge?

and the response is:

No, Zenith Member Access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed (unless Zenith member is also a suite guest).

Just one more Loyalty "enhancement" brought to you by the fine folks at Celebrity!!!

image.png.c095d26cdaf1b2670e79479d8f0845e2.png

Here is what it says on the website under Zenith Benefits. Looks like another case where Celebrity has not updated its FAQs. Are we surprised?

3 minutes ago, A Pound a Day said:

and the response is:

No, Zenith Member Access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed (unless Zenith member is also a suite guest).

Just one more Loyalty "enhancement" brought to you by the fine folks at Celebrity!!!

Looks like this is another FAQ that has not been updated since they began allowing Zenith back in the Retreat.

image.png.296be1d22a195afbfef196767ed791d3.png

Am I understanding this correctly?  If Pinnacle on RCI we now can access the Retreat Lounge on space available basis? And we should automatically be enrolled in this new program? 

9 minutes ago, Tudy said:

Looks like this is another FAQ that has not been updated since they began allowing Zenith back in the Retreat.

Hopefully you are correct.  Hard to imagine the crack Celebrity IT team making an error though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Tudy said:

Here is what it says on the website under Zenith Benefits. Looks like another case where Celebrity has not updated its FAQs. Are we surprised?

Hopefully you are correct.  Hard to imagine the crack Celebrity IT team making an error though...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Am I understanding this correctly?  If Pinnacle on RCI we now can access the Retreat Lounge on space available basis? And we should automatically be enrolled in this new program? 

Its not automatic, you have to hit the link in the email.  All I did and says 7 days to they confirm the status match.  It might be a mess in the beginning getting all enrolled overall but it will eventually be worked out and clarified I would hope

1 hour ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Has anyone done Silversea and if so how did you like it?  

Hi, I have been sailing on Silversea since 2017. Previously I had been a Celebrity cruiser for the prior 15 years. I started a "Live From" on here as I am on Eclipse in Bermuda af the moment. You can get an idea about my current experience on that thread.

How do I like SS? I love them but since this is the Celebrity forum I am sure some folks don't want to hear about them.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

I HOPE this is correct!!!!

26 minutes ago, A Pound a Day said:

and the response is:

The most up-to-date documentation is the Captain's Club terms and conditions which clearly states:

"Retreat Lounge access was reinstated for Zenith members on September 26, 2023. Access is limited to Retreat Lounge only, the Retreat Sundeck and Luminae are excluded."

The FAQ is a remnant of the policy prior to September 26th.

The exclusion of retreat lounge access is for Zenith members who status matched from Pinnacle.

"4.2.a. Members can only earn Club Points, including Go Green Bonus Points and Power Up Points, with the Loyalty Program. Members who have received complimentary Tier status in the Loyalty Program through the Loyalty Status Match Program, or otherwise hold Tier status but have not earned the corresponding number of Club Points are not eligible for certain benefits unless and until the requisite number of Club Points have been earned (the “CC Excluded Benefits”). The CC Excluded Benefits include but are not limited to: 

i. Complimentary Cruises for Zenith members; 

ii. Zenith Milestone Kits;

iii. WWF® donations; and

iv. Retreat Lounge access when not staying in the Retreat (Members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Company)."

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I have been sailing on Silversea since 2017. Previously I had been a Celebrity cruiser for the prior 15 years. I started a "Live From" on here as I am on Eclipse in Bermuda af the moment. You can get an idea about my current experience on that thread.

How do I like SS? I love them but since this is the Celebrity forum I am sure some folks don't want to hear about them.

Lois, I’d love to hear about them. I’d be a solo sailor now and just made 350 VS (I think - Elite plus/diamond plus). 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

One point we need to remember is that the access to the Retreat Lounge that was reinstated for Zenith members had the caveat that it was also on a space available basis.  Not sure if this still holds true, but if you recall that is how it was when announced.  So then the question becomes - if there are x amount of CC Zeniths and also x amount of status matched Zeniths, will the numbers be combined and then they decide there is no space for us?  Or will CC Zeniths be allowed in, but status matched Zeniths not?  

This is very concerning as with suite prices these days getting into that lounge was a very, very nice perk when booking other categories.  We made use of it a lot to escape the crowds in places like Ensemble for example.  

Edited by phoenix_dream

so status match, but you cannot accumulate points if one books Silversea or RCL.  You would think to encourage people to stay within RCL group and not put $$$$ into competitors pockets, it would be beneficial to give points for nights cruised.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

It seems to me that this change is very beneficial for Pinnacle members and provides much less benefit for Zenith members.  From what I understand the Pinnacle benefits are not nearly as nice as the Zenith benefits.  That being the case (if it's true) I can see more and more Pinnacle members in particular coming over to Celebrity, causing even more crowding and even more raising of the already outrageously high prices.   Am I being too negative about this?  One reason I feel this way is I have zero intention of ever sailing on Royal and already Celebrity is marketing to younger people which is already drawing a lot of younger, Royal cruisers onboard.  This will just exacerbate the situation.  I am not criticizing younger, Royal cruisers.  It's not about that per se.  But it likely will raise prices again, cause even more crowding (families in cabins result in a higher passenger load than couples), and change the more quiet, soothing ambiance of Celebrity cruises even more than is already happening.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Its not automatic, you have to hit the link in the email.  All I did and says 7 days to they confirm the status match.  It might be a mess in the beginning getting all enrolled overall but it will eventually be worked out and clarified I would hope

from the FAQs on the email 

How do I participate in the Loyalty Status Match program if I am already a member of more than 1 program?

If you're currently a member of more than one Royal Caribbean Group brand’s loyalty program, we will verify your information and upgrade your status based on the table above for the programs you participate in.  Your status will be updated automatically within 7 days. If you qualify for an upgrade in status, you will receive an email confirming your new status from the program(s) where your status has changed.

• Thanks 1

We are not usual  suite cruisers

(disliked Luminae),  but feel ZENITHS should get preference over crossovers and others  who are given courtesy  access. They earned their status being loyal to X..

Celeb gives too much away...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

so status match, but you cannot accumulate points if one books Silversea or RCL.  You would think to encourage people to stay within RCL group and not put $$$$ into competitors pockets, it would be beneficial to give points for nights cruised.  🤷‍♀️

I'll accumulate points on Silversea, but now I'll get free laundry.  Works for me.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if this is a one time status match like MSC offers?
Or once you sign up, do your points increase across the board no matter which line you sail on?

For example: after signing up and I decide to sail with Royal, will the newly accumulated points also be added to Celebrity? or is this a 1 time match, and then everything is seperate again afterwards?

4 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

Or once you sign up, do your points increase across the board no matter which line you sail on?

For example: after signing up and I decide to sail with Royal, will the newly accumulated points also be added to Celebrity? or is this a 1 time match, and then everything is seperate again afterwards?

Points don't transfer, just status. But if your status increases on one line, then it should increase on other lines. When I was Platinum in C&A, I was matched to Select in CC. When I moved up to DIamond in C&A, CC automatically moved up to Elite in CC. This is not a new status match, the only new bit is extending this past Elite/Diamond (and adding Silversea), so I wouild expect it to keep working as it did before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

You would gain points on the particular CruiseLine you cruise on but those points are not added to the three different loyalty statuses.  But I know if I take a Silversea cruise now with being elite plus on Celebrity, Even tho I have the 350 night match my actual number would be starting at 0 but with the match it helps overall..  Doubt I will get any higher on Celebrity as have branched off them to river and smaller cruise lines, Azamara, Oceana etc.  Did my cpl cruises on RCL years ago and well no interest in them at all.  I will look now into Silversea now a bit more as looking at Antartica within the next few years.  I'm fine with the matching on how it stands now.  Makes sense to do overall.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

No, points will not transfer. Just status. In order to move up to the next tier, you will need to earn the points. 

Does anyone have a link so I can sign up. My wife received one but it will not let me use her link. I tried finding on X site but nothing there. thanks. 

• Like 1