Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

Have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to.  We frequently take Celebrity.  I just checked the app and it say we are Elite Plus.  In checking my RCL it shows I am just a few points shy of Pinnacle.  If I was to take an RCL cruise (which would place me in Pinnacle) would my Celebrity level be elevated to Zenith?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Howie

3 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

Have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to.  We frequently take Celebrity.  I just checked the app and it say we are Elite Plus.  In checking my RCL it shows I am just a few points shy of Pinnacle.  If I was to take an RCL cruise (which would place me in Pinnacle) would my Celebrity level be elevated to Zenith?

After June 5 it would 😉

1 hour ago, howiefrommd said:

I am not so sure your Celebrity level would be elevated. You may want to watch the webinar.  I am thinking that you would be entitled to the benefits of Zenith via Pinnacle but would not have  Celebrity Zenith status.  It can be confusing.  

1 hour ago, howiefrommd said:

Yes. Once you become Pinnacle you will become Zenith. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Texed said:

Untrue!  Many of the new Zenith members that earned Pinnacle do not have 3000 points on Celebrity.

i think you're misreading what was said.  I think she meant all of the Zeniths who earned it on Celebrity have 3000 (or more) points

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Royal cruiser here.  Personally for us, this is great.  We have been wanting to cruise more with Celebrity but hesitate because our D+ perks on Royal are so good. Royal is becoming too family focused for us with the huge amusement park ships.   We want longer, better itineraries which makes moving over to Celebrity natural. SS is interesting us too with some itineraries we’d otherwise never have the opportunity to do. Having perks with the larger company may keep us from going over to Viking, Regent etc. I think that’s the point of all this. This gives a cruiser a wide choice of price and itineraries within the same company.

Unfortunately these days Celebrity is focusing on shorter cruises and reducing longer ones.  One of many changes being made to mirror Royal.  Thankfully they are not building Icon sized ships with all the amusement park rides

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Unfortunately these days Celebrity is focusing on shorter cruises and reducing longer ones.  One of many changes being made to mirror Royal.  Thankfully they are not building Icon sized ships with all the amusement park rides

We changed from Royal (over 200 cruises) to Celebrity 2 years ago because of the longer itineraries, ships built for cruising (versus floating amusement parks) and a more relaxing atmosphere. With our stage in life, Celebrity is such a better fit for us and now the status match makes the experience even more rewarding.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 3:52 PM, MNSails said:

What was interesting was that she said something like "Zenith's with 3000 points will always be admitted... which all the Zenith's currently have."  It seemed like a weird way to describe it - as if they were adding a Zenith tier lower than where it is now, so less than 3000 points, who get certain perks but what would get retreat access.

Maybe it's because the Pinnacle 'matched/crossovers' will have the status of Zenith on their Celebrity profile but points shown on their Celebrity profile would be only those points they earned from sailing on Celbrity. So after the merge is complete, there will be 'Zeniths' with less than 3000 points. Just like I will be 'Pinnacle' but will have far less than 700 points on my Royal Caribbean profile.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
Clarification
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct.

And with this change, there is zero hope of that ever happening in the future.  Not sure it ever stood a chance, but definitely no chance now

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

And with this change, there is zero hope of that ever happening in the future.  Not sure it ever stood a chance, but definitely no chance now

To be honest,  I don't think it would have ever have been implemented.   If I were able to get Luminae, Retreat etc in a non-suite;  what incentive would there be to pay 2x the price for a suite.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

To be honest,  I don't think it would have ever have been implemented.   If I were able to get Luminae, Retreat etc in a non-suite;  what incentive would there be to pay 2x the price for a suite.

And this is a problem on Royal Caribbean ships where Pinnacle Club members get access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen restaurant that paying Suite members have access to with the booking. Now it is based on # of Pinnacle members. While I'm a Pinnacle member on RCI who books Suites on Celebrity I've never thought this Status Match to be a good idea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yup.  I just went through a little exercise on something like that.  My sister and I and some friends are booked on Summit, short cruise in May 2025.  DH and I will make Zenith likely on our March 2025 cruise, so this will be my second Zenith.  I feel it's important that my sister go to the party, because, without her, it would still be years away.  However, DH has my status, so he has to be there too.  Yesterday, I decided to use my last 2023 open booking to book him.  What do I do?

My choice was a balcony or sky suite.  With the balcony, I could book no perks, since he'd have the beverage and wifi from Zenith, but I'd have to buy him the "retreat perk package", so that he could go to Luminae and the sundeck.  So I booked the last sky suite, since there's no guarentee of the package being available.

My husband and I have cruised on Royal Caribbean for many years and earned Diamond Plus status.  Then we started to sail on Celebrity and earned Elite Plus status.  It took many years of sailing and Thousands OF Dollars to earn Diamond Plus & Elite Plus status on both cruise lines.  

When we read that the loyalty status is now being carried out across the board according to what ever cruise line loyalty was earned…. We were heartbroken.  We earned our status, rightfully so with every voyage.  This change does not benefit us … It just hurts knowing that a person next to us can receive automatic equal status from being loyal to just one cruise line.  
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, whirlybird3 said:

t just hurts knowing that a person next to us can receive automatic equal status from being loyal to just one cruise line.  

I feel the same as you do.  We are in the same situation.  Earned both Diamond Plus and Elite Plus points on both lines.  Now someone who has 0 Celebrity points comes onboard and receives the same perks that I spent thousands of dollars accumulating.  Not making me feel valued at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, whirlybird3 said:

My husband and I have cruised on Royal Caribbean for many years and earned Diamond Plus status.  Then we started to sail on Celebrity and earned Elite Plus status.  It took many years of sailing and Thousands OF Dollars to earn Diamond Plus & Elite Plus status on both cruise lines.  

When we read that the loyalty status is now being carried out across the board according to what ever cruise line loyalty was earned…. We were heartbroken.  We earned our status, rightfully so with every voyage.  This change does not benefit us … It just hurts knowing that a person next to us can receive automatic equal status from being loyal to just one cruise line.  

Celebrity has occasionally provided Elite status matching to passengers from competing cruise lines.  Airlines have done similar things.  

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

That would make no sense, either financially or logistically.  Luminae on E class often has a wait to be seated so allowing Z’s in would just add to the wait.

Sundeck on E can be challenging to find a seat between 10-3, because many occupy a seat on the sun and another in the shade.  I watch a couple who a for 18N sailing occupy the same 2 loungers in the shade and another in the sun.  Sometimes both would be in 1 spot together but most often 1 was guarding the sun loungers while the other guarded the shaded spot.

One morning I went up at 9 hoping to get a shaded lounger, they were in their normal 4 spots😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Yup.  I just went through a little exercise on something like that.  My sister and I and some friends are booked on Summit, short cruise in May 2025.  DH and I will make Zenith likely on our March 2025 cruise, so this will be my second Zenith.  I feel it's important that my sister go to the party, because, without her, it would still be years away.  However, DH has my status, so he has to be there too.  Yesterday, I decided to use my last 2023 open booking to book him.  What do I do?

My choice was a balcony or sky suite.  With the balcony, I could book no perks, since he'd have the beverage and wifi from Zenith, but I'd have to buy him the "retreat perk package", so that he could go to Luminae and the sundeck.  So I booked the last sky suite, since there's no guarentee of the package being available.

There have only historically been a very few of the retreat packages sold and they were available to those in the very high end suites who had family in non suite cabins.  So you most likely have made the right choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 4:06 PM, Gingercruiser said:

So does this mean as a diamond member of RC and Elite on Celebrity, I now get the 4 free daily drinks on Celebrity as well? I’m confused 

No you get unlimited free drinks for 2 hours a day  (5 to 7 pm) every day including Embarkation day (this has just been added) from the Elite drinks menue.  Available at most bars - details on the ship. 

Can someone please tell me if Zeniths get priority boarding like Pinnacles? It’s not in the advertised perks, but Pinnacles usually sit with and board with suite guests in the terminal. 

6 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Can someone please tell me if Zeniths get priority boarding like Pinnacles? It’s not in the advertised perks, but Pinnacles usually sit with and board with suite guests in the terminal. 

Yes. Zeniths are Retreat guests and board as Retreat guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chamima said:

@abbydancer2003 - What is a 2023 open booking?

It's a "book later" cruise.  You don't select a specific cruise, and you have 6 months to book something to get the book on board benefits.  Through 2023, they were refunded if you didn't use them.  Starting this year, if you don't book something before they expire, you don't get a refund.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Yes. Zeniths are Retreat guests and board as Retreat guests.

Zeniths are only Retreat Guests if booked in a Suite.

Zeniths have priority boarding and access to the Retreat !ounge but no access to the Retreat Sundeck or Luminae.  The later 2 are strictly for guests booked into the Retreat suites)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1