Holland American partners with Lindt

That explains why we got Lindt truffles on dressy night on the Rotterdam last month! They were milk chocolate ones, so I gave them to my travel partner. If they had been dark, I might have not been so generous… 😉

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Here's a link with a bit more information on what to expect with this new partnership.....

"As night falls on Gala Night, guests can retreat to the comfort of their cabin and be greeted by the "Sweet Dreams" turndown service, featuring the irresistibly smooth Lindt LINDOR milk chocolate truffles or Sea Salt milk chocolate truffles once per cruise."

"Lindt Sundae including vanilla ice cream topped with a custom-made Lindt chocolate sauce, as well as Lindt chocolate tulips one night per cruise in the Dining Room on the Dutch Day dinner menu."

https://stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2024/06/20/holland-america-line-partners-with-lindt-to-savor-special-moments-on-board

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

This is likely why we noticed a change in the chocolate we received on our last couple cruises - they worked through their supply of the HAL branded chocolates and used something else in the interim until this partnership launched.

I'll happily take any yummy chocolate they want to give me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Started out just on our first Dressy night we got chocolates but now thru our 12th day at sea on the 28 day Alaska Solstice cruise on the Westerdam we are getting them every night.

Edited by rajkr74
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday when we where shopping I bought a Lindt 70% cacao Dark, I'm having some right now. Looking forward to our cruise & hopefully we'll get some every night.  

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Ah yes, the Swiss maritime heritage.

as if the Netherlands has no history of chocolate making.  Now a partnership with Droste would be news!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Yep. I wonder if there's a way to tell them which you prefer? We like Dark best. 

Talk to your room stewards.  They can usually manage that or least they did on the Grand African.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Ah yes, the Swiss maritime heritage.

Acknowledging your post as humor, I feel it necessary to point out that Switzerland does actually have a maritime history and an official navy. Try a search on the Swiss historical museum for relevant articles.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am not a big fan of Lindt but the quality of the little squares had gone down so change is good .  I would have preferred a good Belgian or Dutch chocolate 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 3