The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 20th, 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Unfortunately our flight was cancelled. We’re trying to get some options but no help from Flight Ease. Waiting for cell service. 

Frederikstad Norway is a new port and there are no links today. 

Wish us luck!

Sandi, I am so sorry! What a mess.  I wish you LOTS of luck!🤞🏻

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25

So sorry to hear about @StLouisCruisersissues with their flight home.  We are heading to New Hampshire to visit our DS, DIL and our grandchildren so no flights for us today.  

Sorry to hear so many friends and family are not doing well.  

Bon Voyage to those heading out on cruises today and for Brayden enjoying Maine.  The weather there and here is beautiful.  

• Like 28

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Unfortunately our flight was cancelled. We’re trying to get some options but no help from Flight Ease. Waiting for cell service. 

Frederikstad Norway is a new port and there are no links today. 

Wish us luck!

Oh no Sandi I hope your airline looks after you.

A friend in the UK had their flights cancelled yesterday and they are being put up in the airport Hilton hotel by the airline.

They contacted the airline and got their flight cost reimbursed too.

Hopefully the US have similar instructions to airlines too.

• Like 25

I would be OK with the veg burgers except for the ranch part; I don't like ranch dressing. But I probably wouldn't bother to make them myself. No, no, no, on the drink. For the wine, I'm going to suggest one that probably contains no shiraz/syrah at all: Knapp Winery Profondo Rosso, $18.. "Beautiful garnet red in color, this wine is the more somber partner to our Pasta Red. Less sweet than Pasta Red, it still has powerful aromas of raspberry and strawberry but accompanying those are dried fruit notes of fig and plum. On the palate, there are flavors of dried cherries, hazelnut, and black tea. The wine has silky smooth tannins and is dry without being astringent."

I haven't been to Fredrikstad, Norway, but I have been to Frederiksted, USVI.

@StLouisCruisers, I would wait for a flight rather than try to rent a car and drive, but if you want to rent a car, going through an OTA would let you check all car-rental companies at once. Or maybe you are destined to begin a new life in Boston.

I didn't have any clear symptoms of concussion yesterday, but I felt enough below par that it seemed prudent to rest; I did nothing more strenuous than a small load of laundry, and felt much better by the evening. I slept six hours uninterrupted.

almosthuman.thumb.gif.8bc85fca293273f6ac1e658923295ce5.gif

• Like 24
  • Haha 7

Good morning to all

Happy Saturday and Happy Moon Day.  I am sure we can all remember where we were on that day in 1969 when Apollo 11 made the Moon Landing.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie and Dixie for your undying dedication to this thread. What would we do without you!

Prayers for everyone on the list.

@kazu I hope you are doing better today.

@Seasick Sailor continued prayers for your sister during her difficulties

@smitty34877 you and your family are always in my prayers.

@StLouisCruisers I hope you find a way to get home.  Not sure how to handle this, but i feel your best bet would be to plant myself at the airport.  Pay for a Delta Lounge entry and then have the concierge there work on getting you a flight and a hotel if the flight is not today.   Just my thought. Better than standing on a long line.

@cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser  Bon Voyage!

@aliaschief Hope you and your family are enjoying your vacation.  

If i missed anyone, I am sorry.

As for the F&B.

Debbie, I am with you.  I would rather have a cheesburger

The wine is above my budget.

The drink would put me out of commission.

I have to get moving and have breakfast.  Cleaning lady coming today.

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning! Our week at the beach is coming to an end and right now we have a storm coming through. Yesterday turned out to be a nice day ending with a beautiful moon radiating over the Gulf.

We went to a local brewery yesterday for a tasting and a surprisingly delicious hand tossed wood baked pizza. It was pretty much a hole in the wall with a beautiful view of the bay.

So far the kids flight back to Oakland tomorrow night is good to go. Sounds like SouthWest wasn’t overly affected.

Last night we roasted oysters on the grill followed by sausages and dogs. Using up goods.

Time for breakfast. Have a great day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.60c1b5bf817948ba57691ad70972feb6.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

The flights were cancelled yesterday, but thought our 7am flight this morning was good.  Delta cancelled very early this morning and couldn't rebook anything until Monday. So, after searching all morning since 3am, we are booked to Bangor and will have to Uber/taxi all the way to Bar Harbor to join the ship there tomorrow.

I told myself if I could survive last year's spider infection with all the complications, I can survive this.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Good morning all. I am trying to prioritize getting back in the habit of commenting here before starting my day.  It has been raining so unpredictably that I don't dare go out in the kayak and get caught in it. But there is always so much else to do around here.  I just now spent an hour looking for a shovel that I usually leave in my car. I had used it and thought I had replaced it.  I looked everywhere, in the boat, in the car, in the shed; which meant that I had to reorganize the stuff in the shed before I could put the ice chest back in it. Then I kept looking for the shovel. I finally found it in the kitchen on a stack of water bottles.  How or why it got there I will never know but I now have several other jobs done due to my loosing the shovel. I have always lost things but as I get older I seem to misplace things even more. Hope all my dailite family has a great weekend. Talk tomorrow.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

Spending the day moving furniture from my office to storage. Some sadness in that I built my practice here. Some bitterness towards the landlord for not renewing the lease and refusing to tell me why. Some frustration yesterday trying to get my business internet sorted with Verizon. I want to cancel; they are trying to get me to transfer the contract to my home office, but I do not need it as I already have Internet. Transferred me to five different departments and I was supposed to get a call by noon yesterday. Nope. I got a message around 4 pm stating they will call me on Monday. I am not holding my breath. Oh well. Now to get my home office fixed up and redecorated. Did I mention there are 81 days until my cruise???

Bon Voyage to @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser!

Everyday Bon Voyage Cards, Free Everyday Bon Voyage Wishes | 123 Greetings

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

110 Hilarious Funny Saturday Memes to Make Brighten Your day - Dreams Quote

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The flights were cancelled yesterday, but thought our 7am flight this morning was good.  Delta cancelled very early this morning and couldn't rebook anything until Monday. So, after searching all morning since 3am, we are booked to Bangor and will have to Uber/taxi all the way to Bar Harbor to join the ship there tomorrow.

I told myself if I could survive last year's spider infection with all the complications, I can survive this.

Disappointing and frustrating, no doubt, but glad you've put together a plan to get there.

Spiders and flight changes got nothing on you!!

Safe travels and do enjoy the cruise 🛳 

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

Good cloudy and humid morning. There’s a chance of rain this afternoon and back in hot tomorrow. 
I remember watching the moon landing. 
Not much on the agenda for today, just routine errands. 
Blessings and prayers for all on our journey.

• Like 24

Good morning all. DH and I continue to muddle along with COVID. No fevers anymore and his phlegm issue is resolving itself. He did go to emerg on Wednesday night when he had a hard time breathing but his lungs are clear, no pneumonia. We appreciate all your prayers and good wishes. I think this lethargy will continue for a while, hopefully not forever, so @JazzyVfeel free to take us off the list. 

lovely sunshine today, pleasant, low humidity. Grandson is coming by to cut the grass for us when the dew dries up. Not much else will be happening today. I am working my way thru Call the Midwife while I am feeling like this and am enjoying the series immensely. There are 12 or so seasons and I am about halfway, enough left to keep me occupied while I still feel crappy.

That IT outage sure has made a mess of lots of things, not least of which are missed flights and surgeries. I think we forget how interconnected everything is until something like this happens.

have a good weekend everyone

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!

@StLouisCruisersBest of luck for you today, I'd go with the vouchers Stay a night in town, eat lobster again, and get booked for a flight tomorrow with less stress.  It poured here last night around 3, such a hard rain, I thought that the cats had on turned on the kitchen faucet full blast. Currently the computer says 70 and cloudy, but it just changed to Heavy Rain Later.  It is very humid.  Even if flights hadn't been delayed due to the computer glitch, they will be today due to the weather.

Today is F1, 2 and 3-Work and wait for my box delivery.  I must sign for delivery.  For a box. A box that requires assembly.  It is supposed to arrive between 4:15 and 6:15. And then I'm free ! Until Monday.

My boss from the Opera job has told me several times that my name is being mentioned for a symphony gig.  He has taken over the Orlando symphony sales, and that has been running for a couple of weeks now, so I dont think it's for that job.  BUT Birmingham AL symphony will be another start up, and I hope it is for that.

The kittens are 3 months old now.  One leaves (Jersey) the first weekend of August, and while I will be sad to see Turnip leave, I am hoping that the woman I met at the vets will take him.  Reality set in, I cant afford to feed and pay for vet bills when there are 9 fur babies in the house. 7 will be a challenge, but doable, and then we can afford to get Collard Greens neutered. 

Roofus aka Clownie, belongs to or belonged to somebody, he is neutered, and looks healthy, so I just feed him.  And then there are the motley ones who show up when times are hard.  There are too many strays in this world.

@dfishI appreciate your hard work getting us the recipes for all these meals, but I admit today's meal,? It wont happen in this house.  Ever.

Have a great day!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all for your kind words the last few days.  I am sailing, as you know, and have not been online that much.

Sorry to hear of all the health issues .  Best wishes and prayers for all.

Bill is with our daughter and did have a fall last night.  All seems to be well today.   I will be back in a few days to check on his condition but our daughter is more than competent.  As we know that as we age “It’s always something!”  Katherine 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

@superomaI am happy that you two are feeling a bit better, don't over do anything!  I have been living on the wild side recently and not been as vigil wearing my mask, but I need to start back up doing that.  I can't get sick, and DH doesn't need anything more to go wrong healthwise! 

@Denise T I have 82 days until my vacation, I just figured it out, so I know when you give your countdown, that is my last day of work for a couple of weeks.  I'm counting down with you !  Of course you will be at sea, and people will be cooking your meals, and I will be on land trying to herd cats figuring out what everyone will eat...so I am going to actually create a (OMG) schedule in advance so everyone knows that one meal a day is out!  Aint cooking every meal! There are 5 of us, in 3 separate cabins, all three cabins have kitchens.  But one meal a day to spend together is a great way for the 5 of us to travel.  Thanks for your countdown!

@kazu I am hoping that today is easier for you.  Watch for soreness.  

@Cruzin TerriGlad to see that you are posting more.  I hope this means you are not as fatigued as you were.

@Seasick SailorBest of luck to your sister with the surgery.  Prayers for her.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

Cruzin TerriGlad to see that you are posting more.  I hope this means you are not as fatigued as you were.

Thanks Annie.  I hope things are improving for you and Chuck.  You are in my daily prayers.  i know what you are going through.  Maybe we should start our own support group.

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thank-you for the daily report, recipes and lists!  A nice collection of days.  I remember the moon landing and the fact that the TV actually brought good news at a time when it was usually bad news.

Interesting quote, really just a line from a movie.

Think I’ll pass on the meal and colorful drink.  I think we’ll be having fish today.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

I’m sorry that some of us are having flight issues.  It’s frustrating when weather doesn’t even play into it.  I hope that you’re able to sort things out today.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!  Bon voyage to @cunnorland to @St Pete Cruiser 🚢🍾

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a sunny and calm central Texas.  It is 72F and feels like 72F with a predicted high of 94F.  The weather app says there is a 1mph breeze with 84% humidity and a dew point of 67F.  There is also a slight chance of rain tonight and tomorrow, but a better than average chance of rain beginning tomorrow night through next Saturday.  I'll believe that we I see it.  Yard work is on today's agenda, so I better get moving after I finish this and hopefully get through before it gets too hot.  A build up of clouds and the wind would be nice, but that usually happens just as I finish the yard work.

I'll gladly celebrate moon day.  It's been decades since I had a lollipop.  Space Exploration is good, and we are learning more about our expanding universe through the Hubble and James Webb telescopes.

I'm not a fan of the quote.

We'll definitely pass on the veggie burgers, and also the drink.  We'll pass on the wine too.

We have not been to Fredrikstad.  

A good day in 1921 when Alice Mary Robertson became the first woman to preside over the US House of Representatives.

I suspect anyone who was alive in 1969 remembers what they were doing when the lunar module touched down on the moon.  We were somewhere in Pennsylvania listening to the radio and  heading back to Dover, NJ, where DH was stationed at Picatinny Arsenal.  We had loaned our tv to another GI and his wife while we were gone; so we went to their apartment to watch the first steps on the moon.  The GIs had the next day off, but I had to go to work early the next morning, so I had to go to bed and miss seeing Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin step on the moon.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, what a mess to come home to.  I hope you get your travel arrangements made without too much of a hassle.  

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope you can get your computer restarted, and if you do, my suggestion is to not turn it off just in case.  We had a similar situation with one of our computers several years ago. and DH got it restarted.  Once he turned it off, that was the end of the computer, but he did get everything important backed up on another computer.  Your flowers are beautiful.

@tupper10  Welcome back to the US.  I hope you have a great time visiting you DS, DDIL and the grandkids.

@kochleffel  Paul, I'm glad you are feeling better today.

@aliaschief  Safe travels back home, and safe flights for your family tomorrow.

@St Pete Cruiser  I hope all your new travel plans work out.  If you booked your flight with flight ease, I think HAL is responsible in getting you to the ship.  Good luck with your flight and getting on the ship in Bar Harbor.

@Denise T  Denise, I hope you get things straightened out with Verison. 

@superoma  I'm glad you both are feeling better.  Please take it easy until you can shake off the fatigue.  

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I'm glad you DD is staying with your DH, and I'm sorry he fell.  I'm glad he is showing no ill effects from the fall.

432717060_831598879012358_8193146301624002264_n.jpg.4ec99a99ffa29778d1139060c07042a3.jpg

433113200_122132935910147925_3418471596238884250_n.jpg.42d28712ee98b175b671e6dbd2fa0580.jpg

433143870_122146744688136364_2399253104619893504_n.jpg.94af5de9b743d5ec60dc4cc3ef2d9000.jpg

433457956_407458605207808_3029881432215058957_n.jpg.0640093daa746cb8840bcf857b04398e.jpg

449215066_122157486542162907_6927957758126254202_n.jpg.174d1b86f483b521e87ffdc2371c8e85.jpg

452020305_122219943452002401_1664555878134843076_n.jpg.86ecfb6a477544d0eb6832ca1825ddfd.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Holy cow! I am so sorry. The one good thing is that the drive should be nice. 

And the airline owes you!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1