Georgia Peaches Takes Sweet Mama on Her First Celebrity Cruise...Reflection Live 7/29-8/2

16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've been down this road before so I need any and all good vibes put forth to the universe for our timely departure

I think I remember that ride. Glad to hear things are on schedule for you this time. I hope you and Sweet Mama have a great cruise together.

• Like 1

What a special cruise; so sweet of you to take Sweet Mama, giving her a much needed break, along with sharing wonderful memories.  Sending both of you lots of positive energy to carry you through the entire cruise with lots of wonderful crew to assist.  🤗

• Thanks 1

I have just checked the web cam and see the Reflection waiting for you and sweet Mom.  By my calculations you might be on board already since it is 2 hours to sailing time.

I will be watching you sail and wishing I was on there too.  Have a great time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, peanut head said:

You are probably up in the air heading to the Sunshine State now.

Oh boy, I hope not. They should have arrived hours ago.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Our UBER arrived at exactly 5:45 this morning and had us at the airport by 6:15. Smooth sailing through security and to the gate. Flight is on time and pilots and crew have arrived!  Rain has held off. The stars have aligned and Sweet Mama and I are sipping a mimosa. Thank you all for the positive energy. See you on the flip side!

Doing the math...hoping ya'll are already checked in.

Looking forward to your next update.

Have a WONDERFUL time--my sweet Mama was my BFF & cruising buddy too.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the well wishes! ❤️ We are safely on board!  Check in was seamless and we were in our room by 10:50. Had to wait about 10 minutes in the terminal lounge before boarding. It gave DM just enough time to enjoy her first snack of the cruise. After a brief orientation to our room, we headed to the Sunset bar for our predeparture cocktail. I think we were the first customers of the day!

IMG_7345.thumb.jpeg.926b954042b173446cbdf1c4c98f6c40.jpeg

Afterward we strolled deck by deck to check out the sites. My sweet mother is duly impressed!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on Reflection. She’s in great shape with newly (to me) refreshed seat cushions in a soft bluish gray tone at the Sunset bar as well as in the Solarium. 

Mother was awestruck by the expansive two story library and I was equally awestruck by the empty shelves!

We are back in our room awaiting our luggage and my Tile trackers shows its location on the pier…not the boat 🤦‍♀️… or maybe it doesn’t make that distinction…

More to follow!!  

• Like 35

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I think we will all breathe a lot easier when we hear you have arrived safely in FLL and you and your dear momma are both onboard having an adult beverage. 

Thank you, DK. We made it!  So much to see and do for a Celebrity first-timer. Sweet mama is taking in every moment and I have to remind myself to do the same. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to your thoughts. We board Reflection in a month for a B2B. We've never experienced a 3/4 night cruise so am excited to follow along to hear about the experience. 

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you, DK. We made it!  So much to see and do for a Celebrity first-timer. Sweet mama is taking in every moment and I have to remind myself to do the same. 

Looking at through eyes will remind you of all your WOW moments of past cruises.

• Like 2

After giving DM a good lay of the land we headed to Sushi on 5 for a light lunch. Food was good as was the service. I’m not a fan of mayonnaise and asked for it to be removed from the dynamite roll…it was. But it is also apparently an ingredient in the California roll with scallops and I wish our server would have told me because I wouldn’t have ordered it. I tried to eat it anyway but in the end, I just couldn’t. 
Here’s a pic of the wines by the glass offered in So5. 

On another note, can someone remind me of the fix for pics that upload all black?  Im struggling 😂

IMG_7355.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Looking forward to your thoughts. We board Reflection in a month for a B2B. We've never experienced a 3/4 night cruise so am excited to follow along to hear about the experience. 

So far so good. There is certainly the usual embarkation day hubbub with people bustling about. I’ve seen an unusually long line at Guest Services and one verbal altercation at an elevator. We are using the forward bank to avoid the fray. I will definitely keep you posted!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you all for the well wishes! ❤️ We are safely on board!  Check in was seamless and we were in our room by 10:50. Had to wait about 10 minutes in the terminal lounge before boarding. It gave DM just enough time to enjoy her first snack of the cruise. After a brief orientation to our room, we headed to the Sunset bar for our predeparture cocktail. I think we were the first customers of the day!

IMG_7345.thumb.jpeg.926b954042b173446cbdf1c4c98f6c40.jpeg

Afterward we strolled deck by deck to check out the sites. My sweet mother is duly impressed!

It’s been a while since I’ve been on Reflection. She’s in great shape with newly (to me) refreshed seat cushions in a soft bluish gray tone at the Sunset bar as well as in the Solarium. 

Mother was awestruck by the expansive two story library and I was equally awestruck by the empty shelves!

We are back in our room awaiting our luggage and my Tile trackers shows its location on the pier…not the boat 🤦‍♀️… or maybe it doesn’t make that distinction…

More to follow!!  

Glad you made it..  Such happy smiles in the photo!  Have fun!

• Like 1