The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 12th, 2024

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Finally home. I go to post and get a message the site is down temporarily. It's still acting screwy.

Encouragement is nice. Hugs and High 5's are fun. We are all one human family. True quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Tadine. Cool day in history.

It's nice to be home. The hospital was a zoo. It's a busy urban teaching hospital and Level 1 trauma center. The ER often has everything from accident victims, shooting victims, homeless, and a broad slice of humanity. To make matters worse, there is filming going on, I heard a reboot of the tv show ER. One nice thing was they have a program called Bed to Home, so a pharmacy person brought my home meds so I wouldn't have to stop on the way home. Then I was valet parked, and they were gone. A transport person took me to security who had my keys, and then he pushed me to my car in the parking lot. I tried to tip him, but he just said it was his job. Unfortunately, the leg feels more painful after driving home and bending it more. But it's less red and not hot. I have 7 days of antibiotics starting tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's concern and good wishes and prayers. I slept from about 10P to 1A, so I was up to post the Care List (not easy from my phone). I slept again from about 9A-12P.

@puppycanducruise Happy 87th Birthday to your DM!

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow. Prayers for good test results. Congrats to Ren on his academic achievement; I was a Merit scholar way back when. Great article about FC Dallas youth Academy. 

@Cruzin Terri I hope you hear from the doctor soon.

@smitty34877 I am glad to hear that DB is able to stay a bit longer. You are blessed to have him.

@grapau27 Thanks for the great photos from your cruise.

@marshhawk You've gotten some good suggestions to help DH. I put a thick lubricant in my eye at bedtime to prevent dryness. And I don't like any air blowing toward my eyes; I have the car vents turned away from me.

@kazu Hugs to you and Ivan. I'm sorry the vascular surgeon didn't have any solution for you. Maybe the MRI will be helpful. Sorry your eyesight is so bad, but the good news is that cataract surgery has an immediate effect. I hope you can get the surgery soon. Love the door sign.

@sailingdutchy Nice photos from New Caledonia.

@ellbelle @rrraydon Welcome to the Daily! Thanks for your posts today.

@Cruising-along I'm glad your Sister decided to get looked at.

@durangoscots Yikes on the bears. I hope your sister's appointment with the Gastroenterologist went well.

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is on the TAVI waitlist. 

@RMLincoln Sorry your visit to DGD is on hold, but better safe. I hope the living room shade works out. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad you saw the Vestibular PT. That sounds like the maneuvers I did, which mainly were to get the brain used to the symptoms, so they would be ignored.

@dfish It's wonderful that you and Sue can spend more time with River. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Glad you are safely at home , my best wishes for a quick recovery @JazzyV and Thank You for the work you have been doing on Cruise Critic , I most of the time read your postings but have never thanked you in this manner .

Take Care ! 

Tony 😍

• Like 10

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I’m currently getting my last dose of IV antibiotics, which is a 3 hour infusion. So I’ll be discharged home around 6 with oral antibiotics. It will be good to sleep in my own bed tonight. I’ll catch up on the Daily this evening. 

Glad you'll get to sleep in your own bed, without all the hospital interruptions! Catching up on the daily sounds like a great way to unwind.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 12

Got to chat with DGD tonight; we rescheduled to a week from tomorrow. In the meantime, DH and I hope to explore some potential kayaking locations near us. And in a week we’ll know how the “kids” are feeling. They said there’s a lot of vivid going around work!  

Tomorrow we’ll tackle installing the new shade!  🤞

DH and I got our flu shots - mine got very itchy!  I slathered it with Benadryl cream and it calmed down… makes me skeptical for next year!  COVID shots will be done in October here. 

@JazzyVGlad you’re home!
@rafinmd you’re very busy  but it does sound like they are being comprehensive!  You’ll be tired enough to sleep!  💤 

@Quartzsite Cruiser sure hope Steve feels better soon, which will make you feel better too! 

Susan, keep tabs on DS! And so glad the bear die didn’t feel threatened and get aggressive!!  

Annie… I remember long ago they sent female cats home with a lightweight body sleeve (like undershirt fabric) to protect the stitches. The cone sounds unworkable. You have a lot going on, I’m quite convinced you have a super hero cape in your closet!  🦸‍♀️

May we all get a good sleep tonight! And G’day to friends on the other side! 🌞

• Like 14

7 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon.

I'm taking a break from cutting fabric for the next quilt.  We decided to go up for River's game tonight.  I told Sue we need to be a bigger presence in her life as her other grandma allows her to go to the derelict step father's house.  He's the one who planted the idea that River should change her last name to his.  Anyways, it is a little over an hour to the game which is at 6:30.  We'll pick up dinner somewhere either on the way up or the way back.  

@ellbelle and @rrraydon Welcome to the FR and D.  We hope to hear more from you both!  

@kazu I hope you can get the cataract surgery quickly and be ready for your cruise.  I'm sorry the surgeon wasn't able to offer you any plan other than an MRI.  

@JazzyV Glad to hear  you will be headed home soon.  It is always more comfortable to be at home.

@rafinmd Roy, it sounds like you need a good nap after all your therapy this morning, but they sound like they are on top of everything and will have you back to your morning walks in no time.

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is on the list.  Hopefully you'll get a date soon.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thank you for the updates on Roy.  I'm working on our Hawaii details and think I know what we are doing.  I know we haven't been back a week yet, but we are really looking forward to the Hawaii cruise.  

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Ren and I hope you and Dennis have a safe trip tomorrow.  

@RMLincoln What a disappointment about not being able to visit with your DGD and her DH due to Covid.  Covid always seems to rear its ugly head at the worst time.  The family next door is all down with Covid right now.  

@smitty34877 I am thrilled that your DB is sticking around.  You really need the help and the rest!  Take care and hugs to the whole family.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck can get some relief from the pain.  What has the doctor suggested?   

Debbie, I'm glad you are going to be a bigger presence in River's life.  The only thing we have planned for Hawaii are our two HIA tours.  We're doing whale watching in Maui, and taking the glassbottom boat in Kona.  I guess we'll rent cars in Hilo, Honolulu and Nawiliwili if we make it there.  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Finally home. I go to post and get a message the site is down temporarily. It's still acting screwy.

Encouragement is nice. Hugs and High 5's are fun. We are all one human family. True quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Tadine. Cool day in history.

It's nice to be home. The hospital was a zoo. It's a busy urban teaching hospital and Level 1 trauma center. The ER often has everything from accident victims, shooting victims, homeless, and a broad slice of humanity. To make matters worse, there is filming going on, I heard a reboot of the tv show ER. One nice thing was they have a program called Bed to Home, so a pharmacy person brought my home meds so I wouldn't have to stop on the way home. Then I was valet parked, and they were gone. A transport person took me to security who had my keys, and then he pushed me to my car in the parking lot. I tried to tip him, but he just said it was his job. Unfortunately, the leg feels more painful after driving home and bending it more. But it's less red and not hot. I have 7 days of antibiotics starting tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's concern and good wishes and prayers. I slept from about 10P to 1A, so I was up to post the Care List (not easy from my phone). I slept again from about 9A-12P.

@puppycanducruise Happy 87th Birthday to your DM!

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow. Prayers for good test results. Congrats to Ren on his academic achievement; I was a Merit scholar way back when. Great article about FC Dallas youth Academy. 

@Cruzin Terri I hope you hear from the doctor soon.

@smitty34877 I am glad to hear that DB is able to stay a bit longer. You are blessed to have him.

@grapau27 Thanks for the great photos from your cruise.

@marshhawk You've gotten some good suggestions to help DH. I put a thick lubricant in my eye at bedtime to prevent dryness. And I don't like any air blowing toward my eyes; I have the car vents turned away from me.

@kazu Hugs to you and Ivan. I'm sorry the vascular surgeon didn't have any solution for you. Maybe the MRI will be helpful. Sorry your eyesight is so bad, but the good news is that cataract surgery has an immediate effect. I hope you can get the surgery soon. Love the door sign.

@sailingdutchy Nice photos from New Caledonia.

@ellbelle @rrraydon Welcome to the Daily! Thanks for your posts today.

@Cruising-along I'm glad your Sister decided to get looked at.

@durangoscots Yikes on the bears. I hope your sister's appointment with the Gastroenterologist went well.

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is on the TAVI waitlist. 

@RMLincoln Sorry your visit to DGD is on hold, but better safe. I hope the living room shade works out. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad you saw the Vestibular PT. That sounds like the maneuvers I did, which mainly were to get the brain used to the symptoms, so they would be ignored.

@dfish It's wonderful that you and Sue can spend more time with River. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, that is good news you are home.  I'm glad your leg is less red and not hot, but I'm sorry the drive made it more painful.  My fingers are crossed that the PT works.  The therapist thinks there is a disconnect between the vrstibular area and the ocular area.  As he said, it's not a cure, but getting the brain to, as you said, ignore the symptoms.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Got to chat with DGD tonight; we rescheduled to a week from tomorrow. In the meantime, DH and I hope to explore some potential kayaking locations near us. And in a week we’ll know how the “kids” are feeling. They said there’s a lot of vivid going around work!  

Tomorrow we’ll tackle installing the new shade!  🤞

DH and I got our flu shots - mine got very itchy!  I slathered it with Benadryl cream and it calmed down… makes me skeptical for next year!  COVID shots will be done in October here. 

@JazzyVGlad you’re home!
@rafinmd you’re very busy  but it does sound like they are being comprehensive!  You’ll be tired enough to sleep!  💤 

@Quartzsite Cruiser sure hope Steve feels better soon, which will make you feel better too! 

Susan, keep tabs on DS! And so glad the bear die didn’t feel threatened and get aggressive!!  

Annie… I remember long ago they sent female cats home with a lightweight body sleeve (like undershirt fabric) to protect the stitches. The cone sounds unworkable. You have a lot going on, I’m quite convinced you have a super hero cape in your closet!  🦸‍♀️

May we all get a good sleep tonight! And G’day to friends on the other side! 🌞

Thank you, Maureen.  We hope it works, but it can take time.  I was impressed with how knowledgeable the therapist was, and how well he explained it to us.  It was nice to be included, and that he wanted to hear from both of us.  I hope your DGD and her husband remain Covid free.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  Spent the day working on stuff but feel like I haven’t done much. Craig had some injections into his back before a possible ablation. So far he’s doing good. He tried to make pizza while I was on my cruise but says it didn’t turn out well so today I showed him the way I make pizza. Not sure he’ll ever remember but at least I tried. 

Ann @cat shepard, I’ll echo what others say about Heathrow— more time between flights is better. We had about 2 1/2 hours one time and barely made it. Agents were calling out flights while we were in the security line and putting them at the front of the line, including our flight. Very stressful. 

Maureen @RMLincoln, I had my cataract surgeries one week apart. The doctor said it was the best for my situation, severe nearsightedness, so I wouldn’t be out of commission for long. Jacqui @kazu, I’m glad your doctor has moved your surgery up and that you will have it done soon. I didn’t drive for quite a while, about 3 weeks, because I didn’t feel comfortable. Everything looked so different and bigger and brighter!  It’s amazing what we get used to over time— like seeing poorly. 

Debbie @dfish, recipe #1 looks great!  I’ve saved it for a cooler day. BTW, I’ve been researching French Onion Soup recipes and have several I want to try. Wow, and this from a non soup person!

Have a good evening!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@ger_77  @Cruising-along  @bennybear  @Vict0riann

Thanks for the birthday wishes for mum.

@Vict0riann So happy that you enjoy the carrot cake.  I usually make it in 2 8" pans, freeze one, eat one (and share with others).

Happy Birthday to your dear DM!  I’m thankful that I have my DM still with me at 95 as I am sure you do too. Your carrot cake sounds delicious. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The only thing we have planned for Hawaii are our two HIA tours.  We're doing whale watching in Maui, and taking the glassbottom boat in Kona.  I guess we'll rent cars in Hilo, Honolulu and Nawiliwili if we make it there.  

Lenda, on our mutual Hawaiian cruise we ate dinner every evening with a couple from Montreal and they really enjoyed the whale watching in Maui and said they saw lots of whales. Craig went in Kona and saw nothing. Also, we did the glass bottom boat in Kona and really enjoyed it and I think that was when the earthquake happened. 

Debbie @dfish, I highly recommend the farm excursion in Hilo (can’t remember the exact name). I think I mentioned it to you before. 

Vanessa @JazzyV, I had issues with CC this evening too. I’m so glad you are home and I’m sure your leg will feel better soon. 

Roy @rafinmd, it sounds like you have been very busy!  Get better soon!

Annie @marshhawk, I agree with what others have recommended about putting an eye ointment in at night and possibly taping it closed. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 11

20 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Lenda, on our mutual Hawaiian cruise we ate dinner every evening with a couple from Montreal and they really enjoyed the whale watching in Maui and said they saw lots of whales. Craig went in Kona and saw nothing. Also, we did the glass bottom boat in Kona and really enjoyed it and I think that was when the earthquake happened. 

Debbie @dfish, I highly recommend the farm excursion in Hilo (can’t remember the exact name). I think I mentioned it to you before. 

Vanessa @JazzyV, I had issues with CC this evening too. I’m so glad you are home and I’m sure your leg will feel better soon. 

Roy @rafinmd, it sounds like you have been very busy!  Get better soon!

Annie @marshhawk, I agree with what others have recommended about putting an eye ointment in at night and possibly taping it closed. 

Sharon, we tried to book the whale watching tour last winter, but it was waitlisted.  We've seen whales when we were in Lahaina, and the tour is on that side of the island.  In fact, that is the only place in Hawaii where we've seen them.  I would have liked to book the snorkeling tour Debbie and Sue took in Kona, but I think the inflatable boat would not have been good for DH.  Since we've missed Nawiliwili several times, I did not want to use the HIA tour there.

Lenda

• Like 6

• LauraS locked this topic