The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 6th, 2024

Today is Jackie Mayer Rehab Day, International Geodiversity Day, and Mad Hatter Day

Life is a horizontal fall. - Jean Cocteau

Meal Suggestion for today - Parmesan Mushroom Casserole
Drink of the Day - Irish Car Bomb
Wine of the Day - Freixenet Ice Rosé Cava
Destination of the Day - Trieste (Venice), Italy

Today in History:
1949 US President Harry Truman signs Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO)
1956 Scientist Albert Sabin announces that his oral Polio vaccine is ready for testing

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 4 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego
Vancouver, Canada   0700-1500  

Koningsdam --- 17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii   eta 10-11  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico   0800-1400  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip Lands Of Legends Eternal Cities
At Sea Destination La Valletta, Malta   eta 10-07  

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight
Corfu, Greece   0800-ovn-  

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic
Stockholm, Sweden   1000-ovn-  

Volendam --- 14 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale
Quebec City, Quebec   0700-ovn-  

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific
Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii   0800-1700  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Quebec City
Bar Harbor, Maine   0700-1700  

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama
At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan   eta 10-11  

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii   eta 10-16

image.thumb.png.0d2884745a192e0423c168431bb90f00.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 30

Good morning friends!  It’s my day off from exercising but not my day off from my usual Sunday chores.  In addition I’m still slowly working on Chris’s stocking and even an earlier stocking project called the “Christmas Sled” that needs finishing work.  I haven't even started on my last cruise’s photo book!  But it will be soon!  The weather report for me is it's 64F and we expect a high of 82 and mostly sunny skies.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Today's days to recognize are unique.  I have nothing much to say about them.  However there are other days to celebrate today such as National Noodle Day, National Coaches Day, National Plus Size Appreciation Day, World Cerebral Palsy Day and Zero Inbox Day.  I may read all my emails but I don't always dispose of them so need to work on clearing out my inbox.  I like the quote and the meal suggestion.  Today is another Irish named cocktail.  That's interesting.  I would try a Rosé.  Thanks to Harry Truman and Albert Sabin for their contributions to the world.  A big thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports each day.

Prayers for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and the skilled military members on ships and on bases in the region.  Also never forget there are people still suffering from Hurricane/tropical storm Helene, and plenty of others who lost loved ones. 🙏 Special prayers for our Care list group including Annie and Chuck, Roy, Tana and Terry, Nancy’s DB Nick, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Melisa and her DH, Ann and Pat, Jacqui, Dixie, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, Carol and Sam, Debbie and anyone else in need of them. 🙏 Hurray for all celebrating special occasions today, cruising and preparing for cruises. 🥂🎉 Huge thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for going the extra mile and posting the Care and Celebration lists while on her wonderful cruise.  You’re the best!  ♥️

The port of the day is Trieste (Venice), Italy.  Trieste has only been the destination twice before on Sept. 20, 2022 and Sept. 5, 2023.  Since Venice has been port of the day 3 times already, how about we stick to those of us who have been to Trieste and can give us some information and photos of that port alone?  I have not personally been to Trieste so won’t be showing any photos today.  Here are the two links.  I saw some interesting photos of Trieste on those links so please retrieve them and show them again.  (For instance Tony @sailingdutchy!!)

May you all have a special Sunday and stay safe and well!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

DGD Ashley and new husband Christopher were in Santorini yesterday and visited Oia and took a horse ride tour of the caldera.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Riding Angela and Betty.

Today is a visit to Ephesus in Kusadasi.  Can't wait to hear what they thought of that.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool with showers in the forecast for today.

Interesting days to observe.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink, but I'll go for the wine.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a peaceful day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Irish Car Bomb:

An Irish Car Bomb, Irish Slammer, Irish Bomb Shot, or Dublin Drop is a cocktail, similar to a boilermaker, made by dropping a bomb shot of Irish cream and whiskey into a glass of stout.

Ingredients:
1 pint Irish stout,
1/2 oz. Irish cream,
1/4 oz. Coffee liqueur,
1/4 oz. Irish whiskey
Preparation:
The whiskey is floated on top of the Irish cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout.

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 6.27.04 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 24

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) back in rehab

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Ellbelle’s DD with rapid heart rate

Nickelpenny with family emergency that did not end well

Hoping Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Haljo1935 (Elizabeth) are ok

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those affected by Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Summer slope with slight tear in meniscus, with pain

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Grapau27 & Paw13 (Graham & Pauline) engaged 45 years ago today

Quartzsite Cruiser with good news about her DD

StLouisCruisers doing a great job posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Kazu moved into her new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

6 days for Heartgrove (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

6 days for NextOne (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA

Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 28

Good morning.

We had a lovely harvest festival church service this morning.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for bringing us today's FR&D.

Prayers 🙏 tomorrow Sandi @StLouisCruisers that you get excellent news tomorrow with your biopsy.

3 interesting days.

I don't believe today's quote.

We have been fortunate to sail 3 times from Venice on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the seas and stayed in some lovely hotels pre- cruise.

Sadly Trieste is a long way from Venice.

Prayers for all of the care list.

I hope everyone sailing are having fabulous cruises.

God bless all Dailyites.

IMG_20241006_112947.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) back in rehab

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Ellbelle’s DD with rapid heart rate

Nickelpenny with family emergency that did not end well

Hoping Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Haljo1935 (Elizabeth) are ok

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those affected by Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Summer slope with slight tear in meniscus, with pain

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Grapau27 & Paw13 (Graham & Pauline) engaged 45 years ago today

Quartzsite Cruiser with good news about her DD

StLouisCruisers doing a great job posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Kazu moved into her new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

6 days for Heartgrove (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

6 days for NextOne (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA

Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

Thank you for our mention today Vanessa @JazzyV.

I hope you are having a fabulous cruise and pain free.

Graham.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

We had a lovely harvest festival church service this morning.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for bringing us today's FR&D.

Prayers 🙏 tomorrow Sandi @StLouisCruisers that you get excellent news tomorrow with your biopsy.

3 interesting days.

I don't believe today's quote.

We have been fortunate to sail 3 times from Venice on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the seas and stayed in some lovely hotels pre- cruise.

Sadly Trieste is a long way from Venice.

Prayers for all of the care list.

I hope everyone sailing are having fabulous cruises.

God bless all Dailyites.

IMG_20241006_112947.jpg

Thanks Graham.  I hope the results of the biopsy won't take too, too long to get to me.  I appreciate you thinking of me.  Congrats to you and Pauline on the anniversary of your engagement 45 years ago!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DGD Ashley and new husband Christopher were in Santorini yesterday and visited Oia and took a horse ride tour of the caldera.  

Riding Angela and Betty.

Today is a visit to Ephesus in Kusadasi.  Can't wait to hear what they thought of that.

Wonderful photos Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Reports!!

@grapau27  HAPPY ENGAGEMENT anniversary!!!  Forty-five years is a reason to celebrate!!!

Not sure about the mentioned Days...  nor the quote...

Not a huge fam of Parmesan, but the rest looks fun!!

Happy Sunday to all!!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

@grapau27 Happy Engagement Anniversary!! Love to you and Pauline. 

My sister had her first post cancer infusion that requires once every 6 months. 10 hours later she was so much in pain in her neck, shoulder and arm, her friend took her to ER. Since she had her Covid and flu shot the same time, the ER doctor didn't know what was causing the pain. She will see her oncologist tomorrow. Thank you for prayers!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi & Rich. Looks like lots of rain heading my way. No clue what Milton will bring to the area, but it appears to be steering East across the Florida peninsula.

But yesterday was a picture perfect day for kayaking. We encountered a paddle-boarding dog (with its human). I can’t imagine Bindi sitting so still. Lots of Blue Herons, Ibis and cranes enjoying breakfast. And very little motor boat traffic on the Intercoastal. And it was the weekend. Maybe they had all partied too much the night before. But it was perfect.

We wrapped up the day giving my friend’s Brother the Flagler Beach experience: wine slushies with an ocean view, dinner at our favorite restaurant and then a night cap at our favorite wine bar. They come to my place today for a late lunch & then Bill heads back to Seattle.  A short but fun visit. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us! Hope you are enjoying yourself!

IMG_3562.jpeg.44a246864b3d28687b2e34918db84284.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg.e11b9a60995718b6493d760e1026dab9.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg.6b0e2998711ce1a1bcfc1eb79aa7f29f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support.  Praying for Tana, Terry & DB, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Roy, Jacqui, Bonnie - that they can relieve her pain and identify the cause, Ann & Pat, Sandi & DB, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Elizabeth, Dixie, Debbie, Jane & Tony, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Freixenet Ice Rosé Cava

This semi-sweet Spanish wine is designed to be enjoyed in a glass of ice.  So perfect for a hot humid day. It is uniquely packaged in a white (possibly wrapped) bottle with a gorgeous rose colored label. Lots of distributors with online prices starting at $12.99.

Winemaker notes

Intense aromas of woodland fruits, raspberries, sloes and strawberries. These fruits dominate the palate, but there are also flavors of aniseed and spices. The finish is refreshing, elegant and rich.

To create Freixenet ICE ROSE we have selected two of the most noble red grape varieties – Garnacha and Pinot Noir. Garnacha delivers a touch of spice and ripe red fruit, while Pinot Noir brings freshness, acidity and flavors of woodland fruits. The touch of Chardonnay makes the wine more intense and balances the chill of the ice.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 19
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My sister had her first post cancer infusion that requires once every 6 months. 10 hours later she was so much in pain in her neck, shoulder and arm, her friend took her to ER. Since she had her Covid and flu shot the same time, the ER doctor didn't know what was causing the pain. She will see her oncologist tomorrow. Thank you for prayers!!

I hope Bonnie is feeling less pain very soon and the oncologist finds nothing to warrant concern.  Prayers for her continued recovery from cancer.🙏

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm sorry to hear your sister was in so much pain Joy after her cancer infusion and the COVID and flu vaccines.

Prayers she is better soon.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Sunday morning to all the Dailyites.

Thank you Sandi for the Daily and Fleet Report, Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you Graham for Father David’s sermon.

I have not been to Trieste, but have been to Venice a number of times.

Both days in history are very meaningful. 

NATO is important to maintaining peace throughout Europe with mutual defense.

It is wonderful that Polio has just about been eliminated thanks to Sabin and Salk.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,  I hope tomorrow yields good results for you.  Many prayers coming your way.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope your DS is okay and she will get whatever treatment she needs to be comfortable.

@ottahand7 prayers for your DB

@rafinmd Roy, prayers that Rehab continues to be effective and you can soon go home.

Prayers also for @kazu, @smitty34877, @ellbelle,  and all others needing our prayers.

@grapau27 Congratulations on 45 years since your Engagement to Pauline.

Today I am hoping for a quieter day. It is the third anniversary of DD BIL’s passing.  As you may remember, we were his guardians for 40 years and it was a labor of love.  He was very much a part of our lives.  

I am very much relieved that I was able to order a new Driver’s LIcense for Jim online.  One less place that I have to drive to.

@JazzyV hoping you are enjoying your cruise and your leg is not giving you too much trouble.

Not much else to report.

Have a wonderful Sunday and

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all the Dailyites.

Thank you Sandi for the Daily and Fleet Report, Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you Graham for Father David’s sermon.

I have not been to Trieste, but have been to Venice a number of times.

Both days in history are very meaningful. 

NATO is important to maintaining peace throughout Europe with mutual defense.

It is wonderful that Polio has just about been eliminated thanks to Sabin and Salk.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,  I hope tomorrow yields good results for you.  Many prayers coming your way.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope your DS is okay and she will get whatever treatment she needs to be comfortable.

@ottahand7 prayers for your DB

@rafinmd Roy, prayers that Rehab continues to be effective and you can soon go home.

Prayers also for @kazu, @smitty34877, @ellbelle,  and all others needing our prayers.

@grapau27 Congratulations on 45 years since your Engagement to Pauline.

Today I am hoping for a quieter day. It is the third anniversary of DD BIL’s passing.  As you may remember, we were his guardians for 40 years and it was a labor of love.  He was very much a part of our lives.  

I am very much relieved that I was able to order a new Driver’s LIcense for Jim online.  One less place that I have to drive to.

@JazzyV hoping you are enjoying your cruise and your leg is not giving you too much trouble.

Not much else to report.

Have a wonderful Sunday and

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri for your prayers and good thoughts.  Sending mine back for you and Jim.  Hope today's memories of your DDBIL are happy ones.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

We're going to have another beautiful day here in mid-Michigan with mostly sunny skies and a  high of 74F.  It did not get as cold last night so the house is quite a bit warmer than it was  yesterday.  I ended up turning on the heat for a while to warm up the house.  64 was just too cold even with warm socks and a sweatshirt.  

I'm not feeling any ill effects from the Covid booster and flu shots yesterday.  My arms aren't even sore.  I even slept well last night.  I did find some of the sleep aid that we talked about yesterday at the drugstore.  It is the CVS brand, but the same active ingredient as the Kirkland brand.  Price was similar, so I got it to try.  I went right to sleep and slept soundly until this morning.  I could have slept longer but got up because the desire for coffee was greater than the desire to sleep more. Maybe the sleepiness is from the vaccines.  Sue reports that her arms are sore and she has a headache.  

A couple months ago the house across the street caught fire.  The fire was extensive and the home was condemned.  The past two days they started tear down of the house and the only thing left standing is the fireplace chimney in a pile of rubble.  It was a beautiful house.  We don't know if they are going to rebuild or not.  They have determined that the cause of the fire was a toaster oven that had an electrical short in it.  

Happy Engagement Anniversary to Graham and Pauline @grapau27.  

@Haljo1935 Elizabeth, I hope you can let someone know what is happening.  We are worried.  

@StLouisCruisers beautiful pictures of DGD Ashley and Christopher.  I am glad they are having such a wonderful time on their honeymoon.  

@JazzyV How long is your cruise?   I hope you are having the time of your life.

@Seasick Sailor I hope Bonnie's pain is greatly decreased and that this is a one time event and not something that will happen each time she gets her infusion.

@kazu Jacqui, hang in there!   I'd do the Cunard crossing back next spring.  Go for it.

Today's meal would make a great side dish.  Our first recipe uses baby bella mushrooms.  Parmesan Mushroom Casserole

parmesanmushroomcasserole.jpg.7ff9758840933a2d207863a65aba1883.jpg

This next one  uses whole mushrooms instead of sliced ones for a great visual effect.  Baked Mushrooms in Parmesan

parmesanmushroomcasserole3.thumb.jpg.f010ca9ab7786be39dafe01a0a298a55.jpg

This one uses a combination of cheeses and cream cheese to make the dish really creamy.  Unstuffed Mushroom Casserole

Parmesanmushroomcasserole4.jpg.839bb87d06b75ac36b364098a203e527.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 23

Good morning.  Upon looking over the Fleet Report the Alaska season is definitely over and the fleet is on the move. We have enjoyed many of those repositioning cruises.

This will be short as attending church is near. It appears we will again give a sigh of relief from what may be called Milton. Though it appears other Floridians will be in harms way again. Pray that it remains disorganized and doesn’t strengthen too more than a rain event or weak tropical storm.

Enjoy your Sunday, thanks for the post and prayers for those in need. Bruce

image.jpeg.615c3e40f84f7e3cddec80f52e206370.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9828409a0bbea2d9ad7105209d169b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bfdf730b6ce7dbb98dcaae61f381e59f.jpegimage.jpeg.d6b6ac45d9d8a7afcca33dfa6d01fc71.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 18

Good Sunday morning.  A day of football is about to begin.  It is a cool morning but it will be a beautiful day.  

Thanks for daily and maps Sandi and Rich.  A good quote this morning, I was awake enough to think about it.   I'll enjoy today's meal with some Italian sausage in it, pass on the weird cocktail and the sweet wine.  I look forward to photos of Trieste. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations lists Vanessa.   Prayers for Bonnie, I hope her pain abates today and she got some pain meds for it.  Sandi I pray everything goes well with your biopsy tomorrow.  Continuing prayers for Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Terri and Jim, Ann, Melissa, Jacqui, Roy and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones.  

An upset for Michigan but it was a good game.  Today we are ready for the Vikings from London and the Ravens from Cincinnati! 🏈

FB_IMG_1725715581764.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Weel, the adventure starts tomorrow. We fly out to Quebec tomorrow. Have to get up at 4:00 am. That's the yucky part. Check in for flight today and will be completing declaration documents on ArriveCan so we can speed through immigration tomorrow. Cats and Fancy safely at the vet. I almost cried dropping them off. I already miss them. Last minute stuff to do today. 

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Don't Bother These Cats Who Are Enjoying Their Sunday (Memes) in 2020 ...

• Like 30