What is the most cruises you've taken....

klfhngr

within a year? This will be our first time doing 2 within a year and so close to each other (5 months apart!)... seems overwhelming! Obviously, money and work usually don't allow us to do more than 1... But if it was possible, would we do it? IDK, would you?

Just curious to see how many people cruise multiple times within a year and how do you prep for it!....

We are retired and do 3 cruises a year, usually Jan, April and Nov. We snuck in 4th cruise a couple of years ago. Cruising is such a relaxing and economical vacation-I would go every other month if I lived near a port. The expense of flying is just too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

within a year? This will be our first time doing 2 within a year and so close to each other (5 months apart!)... seems overwhelming! Obviously, money and work usually don't allow us to do more than 1... But if it was possible, would we do it? IDK, would you?

Just curious to see how many people cruise multiple times within a year and how do you prep for it!....

You would be very surprised about the cruising habits of some folks...especially those of us who are retired. For us, it is not about the "number of cruises" but about the"days" of cruising per year. We know of one couple that spends more then 10 months a year on cruises. We, ourselves, have sometimes cruised more then 100 days a year. Even when we worked, we sometimes managed to cruise 2 or 3 times a year (with no cruises shorter then 7 days).

In the USA we have problems with vacations :(. Even those that get significant vacation time are often not able to escape for more then 1 week at a time...or are afraid to even use all their vacation time. Compare this to other parts of the world where there might be a mandated 1 month (or longer) vacation. There are actually some folks (including moi) who adjusted their careers to allow for more travel. It is a matter of priorities and doing what is important for yourself. Even now, we are unable to have dogs (both DW and I love dogs) because we could not maintain our travel schedule (often out of the country more then 6 months a year) with a pet (other then a pet rock).

Hank

I've done 3 in a calendar year and that's not easy for a workin stiff. I have 3 scheduled over the next 12 months. We are doing a 7 day carib, and 8 day pacific coastal and a 12 day great barrier reef. In addition we have a week scheduled in Vegas this May. Last year we did a 10 day and a 14 day. Work wise this is a challenge for my wife as she does not get much vacation time. Fortunately I have a fair amount of vacation time and my work is pretty good about keeping us happy. Financially this next 12 months will be a challenge as these are not cheap cruises and we are not "one percenters". So our credit card will be taking a pretty good hit. I noticed there were a couple of hefty charges over the weekend for our June cruise (we are taking our kids on that one so an even bigger bill:rolleyes:). For us our vacations are a top priority and we have been putting off other stuff to pay for them. We would like to remodel the kitchen, bathrooms, put in a fire pit etc. But right now we would rather wait on that stuff and keep cruising:D.

On occasion DW and I have been the "Top Cruisers". In some cases they announce the number of points and sometimes cruises. My next cruise is on Equinox next Monday and I understand that there will be 16 Zeniths aboard. There will be at least 8 people who have more points and cruises. One needs 3000 points to become Zenith and I know many with over 6000 points. The top cruisers logs in at 9000 points, but they are earned on Azamara. Most of the top cruisers I know don't discuss number of cruises or days and find people who do boastful. Don't count the number of cruises or days at sea, but rather count the great people you've met along the way.

This year we will do six that's a record for us! 62 days! But on a normal year we cruise about every 3months, nice to be able to do it, but I still love to get back to the family there's no place like home!

I think a lot depends on where you live and if you are retired. If you're still working, then it's much harder to fit in lots of cruises in a single year. Additionally, if you live in Florida, then it's so much easier to jump on a ship year round. I'd love to be able to book a cruise short notice on a whim - not going to happen for at least a couple of decades ;).

I've done 3 in a calendar year and that's not easy for a workin stiff. I have 3 scheduled over the next 12 months. We are doing a 7 day carib, and 8 day pacific coastal and a 12 day great barrier reef. In addition we have a week scheduled in Vegas this May. Last year we did a 10 day and a 14 day. Work wise this is a challenge for my wife as she does not get much vacation time. Fortunately I have a fair amount of vacation time and my work is pretty good about keeping us happy. Financially this next 12 months will be a challenge as these are not cheap cruises and we are not "one percenters". So our credit card will be taking a pretty good hit. I noticed there were a couple of hefty charges over the weekend for our June cruise (we are taking our kids on that one so an even bigger bill:rolleyes:). For us our vacations are a top priority and we have been putting off other stuff to pay for them. We would like to remodel the kitchen, bathrooms, put in a fire pit etc. But right now we would rather wait on that stuff and keep cruising:D.

Our kids have been on every cruise - so it's always a big bill :D! We're waiting for when they go to University and don't want to come cruising with Mom & Dad - I'm sure it will be a longgggg wait :p.

Our kids have been on every cruise - so it's always a big bill :D! We're waiting for when they go to University and don't want to come cruising with Mom & Dad - I'm sure it will be a longgggg wait :p.

My kids are not even kids. the youngest is 18, the middle is 25 and the oldest is 31. At least the oldest pays her own way. I'm wondering if the other two will ever finish school and move out.;)

We now typically do 2-4 cruises a year.

If you count from October 2016 to October 2017, we will have taken 5.

Prep is hard and confusing when you have more than 2. Trying to get my DH to understand that. :rolleyes:

I know, I am a lucky girl! :D

We have taken 36 cruises, to date, since 2000.

Usually, 2 per year - fall and spring. I've done 3 twice. I get 4 weeks vacation, but am limited to 2 at a time, and there are certain months which are off limits for vacation, which exclude some itineraries. The limit of 2 weeks sometimes also causes issue with overnight flights and pre-cruise days. There are some places I just cannot travel to because of the travel time involved. :(Retirement can't come soon enough..a couple more years.

On occasion DW and I have been the "Top Cruisers". In some cases they announce the number of points and sometimes cruises. My next cruise is on Equinox next Monday and I understand that there will be 16 Zeniths aboard. .

Wow - 16 Zenith members.That's the most I've ever heard of on one cruise! I'm Elite + but not sure I'll ever see Zenith in my lifetime.

i've done 3 in a calendar year and that's not easy for a workin stiff. I have 3 scheduled over the next 12 months. We are doing a 7 day carib, and 8 day pacific coastal and a 12 day great barrier reef. In addition we have a week scheduled in vegas this may. Last year we did a 10 day and a 14 day. Work wise this is a challenge for my wife as she does not get much vacation time. Fortunately i have a fair amount of vacation time and my work is pretty good about keeping us happy. Financially this next 12 months will be a challenge as these are not cheap cruises and we are not "one percenters". So our credit card will be taking a pretty good hit. I noticed there were a couple of hefty charges over the weekend for our june cruise (we are taking our kids on that one so an even bigger bill:rolleyes:). For us our vacations are a top priority and we have been putting off other stuff to pay for them. We would like to remodel the kitchen, bathrooms, put in a fire pit etc. But right now we would rather wait on that stuff and keep cruising:d.

amen!

Two. (14 nights total).

That was in 2014. One cruise was just my wife and I with adult friends, and the other with my wife and our kids. We feel so blessed to be able to cruise. That cruise in 2014 was the first for our kids, and needless to say they were blown away. Their third is planned for this November on the NCL Escape.

Kindly,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The most we have done in 1 year is 5 cruises. We normally do 3 per year. We are not retired yet. I will retire soon at the age of 58. I work for a great company. I get 6 weeks vacation a year. I'm also able to take time off without pay.