any one call HAL lately and turned off by the music besides me

pris993

I called HAL to book and made a couple of calls to passenger service... while on hold had to listen to god awful music, not at all relaxing, I guess BB KIng jazz... not what I feel motives me to book with HAL. When I am on a ship, I skip the BB King show... did not appreciate being forced to listen to this blaring music on the the phone... HAL seems a bit off base with the BB King emphasis and Oprah these days.

Curious if anyone else dislikes the music while you are on hold to talk to a rep at HAL?

Whenever I'm on hold, I like to hear Wilford Brimley, talking about the delicious taste of Quaker Oats. I always hope that the customer service representatives take my call quickly because Thursday is lime Jell-O night at the home. Lately they've been putting diced pears in. Yum!

if HA hold music is BB King playing jazz these are very rare recordings. BB King plays blues. Will have to call soon and ask to be put on hold. I have heard most of his recordings.. how did i miss his"jazz" era??

I haven't had to call HAL recently but I certainly do not like the BB King group -- they are way too loud and not our type of music.

I have had to call a couple of doctors recently and always end up on hold and even though their music isn't BB King -- it is way too loud as well.

I haven't found any telephone music at any number I have called to be worthy of listening to because of the quality of the transmission. The music serves the purpose of letting the caller know that the call hasn't been dropped and the line is still active.

I haven't found any telephone music at any number I have called to be worthy of listening to because of the quality of the transmission. The music serves the purpose of letting the caller know that the call hasn't been dropped and the line is still active.

Does ANYONE like being on hold - regardless of the music being played? However, since it is a serious problem, and tastes vary widely among HAL's customer base, it should be a simple exercise in customer relations to install an automated search program: "Press 1 for acid rock, 2 for baroque, 3 for country, 4 for Gregorian chants, 5 for jazz, 6 for easy listening, etc.

Does ANYONE like being on hold - regardless of the music being played? However, since it is a serious problem, and tastes vary widely among HAL's customer base, it should be a simple exercise in customer relations to install an automated search program: "Press 1 for acid rock, 2 for baroque, 3 for country, 4 for Gregorian chants, 5 for jazz, 6 for easy listening, etc.

And they could even add an option to purchase an "Ultimate Listening Package" :-) ... Definitely something to bring up at the next shareholders' meeting.

Considering the extraordinary length of time you spend on "hold" when calling HAL, something not so loud and a little more middle-of-the-road would be appreciated. I do find it;'s an assault on the ears at times.

I called HAL to book and made a couple of calls to passenger service... while on hold had to listen to god awful music, not at all relaxing, I guess BB KIng jazz... not what I feel motives me to book with HAL. When I am on a ship, I skip the BB King show... did not appreciate being forced to listen to this blaring music on the the phone... HAL seems a bit off base with the BB King emphasis and Oprah these days.

I agree--definitely a first world problem! Personally, one of the highlights of our HAL cruises is the BB King offering. Different tastes...

Kind of ironic considering the on-board BB King bands don't even play BB King music. :rolleyes:

LOL - Added stress to remember the number for the selection you want five numbers down the list.

Now that is a good idea... then everyone would be served in an appropriate way.

Actually, I love being on hold when I call Disney cruise Line. I can be having the worst day ever then I hear "A Spoonful of Sugar", "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room", and "How Far I'll Go" (Moana) and by the time the cast member comes on the line, I don't even remember what I was in a bad mood about.

Edited by axelskater

There are these things now on most phones called "volume control" and "speaker" :rolleyes: You don't have to have the volume jacked up and you can put the phone on speaker when on hold so you don't have to hold the phone to your ear the entire time.

I swear. BB King didn't do jazz. I had the privilege of going to a BB King concert - best blues around!!! The BB King group on HAL doesn't play BB King, kind of insulting they are named for him. Then we've got the "it's too loud" "it's not "my" kind of music and I want it gone"... HAL is turning more and more into OGL instead - Old Geezer Line.

Call HAL and tell them you want genuine 1950s Muzak when on hold so you can remember what it was like to be onboard in the 2000s...;)

Oh, yes! I <3 calling Disney, just to be put on hold. By the time they get to me (usually not long at all), I'm toe tapping and dancing to Zip-pa-de-doo-da and other songs from the park, my face hurts from smiling so much.

Save