What is something you pack that most people don't know to pack for a cruise?

CruiseMuch?

What are some items on your cruise packing list that most people would not know to bring on a cruise?

Here are a couple of items we learned to bring with us:

-Tervis cups/lids for the pool

-A hole punch for our ship card/lanyard

-Magnetic Board to leave notes for our friends

-Wireless speaker to have in our cabin

-Command hooks-we always need room to hang items

-Ziploc bags-good for wet clothes on port days

Can anyone add to these? I like to update our packing list.

You actually don't need a hole puncher because guest services/purser can do that for you

I always bring a small foldable duffle bag because I can never fit everything in the suitcase on way home-too many souvenirs lol. Or pack a smaller suitcase inside a larger suitcase so that way I have an extra

What are some items on your cruise packing list that most people would not know to bring on a cruise?

Wireless speaker to have in our cabin, is something id consider. On previous cruises I met people who invited me to their cabin and had Wireless Bluetooth Speakers playing loud music. Very cool. Other then that I usually pack light for 7 day cruises.

Cruisinreunion, you are correct, you can have it done at guest services. But, on day 1 there is often a decent line at. It is small to pack & we usually travel in a big group, so it has become my duty to lanyard everybody up during boarding. :)

All sorts of OTC remedies and first-aid supplies. I've run through TONS of head-ache meds, antacids, sun-burn spray, polysporin and band-aids on cruises; much more than during an average week at home for some reason. The price of this stuff is stupid-high in the sundry shops and when you need something like this, you really need it.

Learned this years ago. A bandana may be used to do so many things: neck wear, head wear, impromptu picnic cloth, wash cloth, carry bag, sling, and it goes on...

(no, you don't use it until you wash it after some of these. But a quick wash in the bathroom sink and it is good to go!)

I would say that with the possible exception of the Ziploc bags, 100% of your list is totally unnecessary. I will also comment that we have not had one of what will be a long packing list thread in at least a day or so. Here we go again.

DON

Noodles (long floating tubes) for the pool. I use them to do my PT every day in the pool. No ship that I know carries them. I have had so many people ask me where I got them...... dh says I should call HAL and get the concession on them!

BTW - they fit along the inside circle of your suitcase.

I am going to bring an alarm clock on my next cruise. It will be small, of course. I debated last cruise and thought I would use the one on tv or phone.

In the middle of the night when I would need to get up I could not see the time in the dark.

It is a bother to change the time but I use an inside cabin and it is dark. I need to know if room service is coming with my tea.

6boysnana

Noodles (long floating tubes) for the pool. I use them to do my PT every day in the pool. No ship that I know carries them. I have had so many people ask me where I got them...... dh says I should call HAL and get the concession on them!

BTW - they fit along the inside circle of your suitcase.

We bought inflatable ones for our last cruise. Just blew them up at the beach. We even brought an extra in case we popped one. Super compact:

https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/swimline-72-inflatable-pool-noodles-(6-pack)-44349/

Wireless speaker to have in our cabin, is something id consider. On previous cruises I met people who invited me to their cabin and had Wireless Bluetooth Speakers playing loud music. Very cool. Other then that I usually pack light for 7 day cruises.

"Loud music" :eek:...Hope their not next door to me next cruise...or anyone else that brings speakers :rolleyes:

"Magnetic board" to leave notes....where outside your cabin door:confused:....Not sure I want to tell everyone passing by I'm not in my cabin and where exactly they'll find me....There are better way's to communicate with friends

Magnets to hold papers on the (metal) walls. My own detergent for the laundramat (on Princess cruises). I like to do that.

If you care anything about the marine environment, please don't use anything but the ocean safe detergent provided by the cruise line.

You actually don't need a hole puncher because guest services/purser can do that for you

I always bring a small foldable duffle bag because I can never fit everything in the suitcase on way home-too many souvenirs lol. Or pack a smaller suitcase inside a larger suitcase so that way I have an extra

We won a Princess backpack one cruise, folds up to about the size of a pair of long socks, perfect.

Many ships have both American and European electrical outlets. Bring one (or several) European electrical adapters (they are TINY, take up literally no room), and you can then have extra outlets available for your stuff, like for charging devices, etc......

....as long as the charger or power supply can handle dual voltage (euro outlet is 220v while US outlet is 110v).