May "sale" - check your bookings for price drop

Dumb Question here: There would probably never be a pricedrop on a Cabin that was sold-out correct? Reason asking: I just tried to do a Mock booking for Aug.8 Bermuda, And i see the JS we have is sold out. Thanks Dan

That's what I was told as well the 1st time I called. The 2nd time no mention was made of that. See post 150+

Edited by sauvichick

I wonder how this would work with a net fare. I managed to find myself an agent who was happy to sell me a net fare which was over AUD $500 cheaper than the best market fare I could find anywhere else (it just didnt include the $200 OBC that I could get elsewhere). I'm assuming if the price drops it will only be on market fares?

Dumb Question here: There would probably never be a pricedrop on a Cabin that was sold-out correct? Reason asking: I just tried to do a Mock booking for Aug.8 Bermuda, And i see the JS we have is sold out. Thanks Dan

Call RCI and ask...I did...and even though it was showing no cabins available in my catagory...I got a price reduction ;)

Good to hear that people are still getting price drops. RC had a low price on Allure OV "D" balconies for Jan 15 2017. I booked April 29, then it dropped $75 on May 1, yesterday they raised it slightly. I think I did well on that one

...sigh... No price drop for Brilliance this July. But I booked it when it first opened up and got a couple of big price drops since then (including the original BOGOHO) so I'm happy. I was hoping the JS would drop enough in price to convince me to spend the $$ and upgrade from my current D2, but they've been sold out almost since the beginning. In fact, only a few cabins in any category have been available for quite some time and all at outrageous prices so I have little hope for getting to upgrade. Could be because this is the only cruise RCL has going to Iceland this year.

However - final payment date is coming up soon so maybe things will change. If not, I'm happy with my cabin and my price and will have a great time!

I did let my DIL know to check her 2016 Alaska cruise. I haven't heard from her if it dropped or not.

Sadly, no price drop for our November Oasis Eastern. I'm happy with what our current pricing structure is, so no big deal. But I do find it interesting that with this "sale", the price has gone up $250 (total) and we would lose our $200 OBC.

Agree.....my bookings were all BOGO and this is how pricing shows on the invoice. JS category...$100 credit for each passenger making discount for passenger ONE the amount of your balcony disc and $100 Celebrate Save.

Passenger 2 also got the $100 Celebrate Save but it is subtracted from the Cruise Fare first, then they took 1/2 of that fare as the BOGO fare. Figuring it that way we got $150 discount, not $200. Not quite as I thought it would be......but pleased to get $150.

I called and was told that the BOGOHO is calculated AFTER deducting any credits.

RCL giveth and then taketh away.:rolleyes:

I called C&A and, unfortunately, that is how they have to do it. They also couldn't find any C&A special pricing on the FOTS 11/22/16 cruise even though that cruise was in the results when I clicked on their link.

Wound up booking a HC E3 for DH and myself and a Promenade across the hall for the boys at, respectively, a net savings of $75 and $37 with the Celebrate and Save versus just the BOGOHO. And got the balcony discount on the E3

I did book one of us and one boy in each cabin for now JUST IN CASE they ever offer a senior discount on the cruise that brings it lower than this initial fare. One can always hope. :rolleyes:

~ Judy

I called C&A and, unfortunately, that is how they have to do it. They also couldn't find any C&A special pricing on the FOTS 11/22/16 cruise even though that cruise was in the results when I clicked on their link.

Wound up booking a HC E3 for DH and myself and a Promenade across the hall for the boys at, respectively, a net savings of $75 and $37 with the Celebrate and Save versus just the BOGOHO. And got the balcony discount on the E3

I did book one of us and one boy in each cabin for now JUST IN CASE they ever offer a senior discount on the cruise that brings it lower than this initial fare. One can always hope. :rolleyes:

~ Judy

Thanks for the confirmation. Congrats on your booking.

We currently have a Cat F Large Ocean View booked under NextCruise for 3 pax for $2334.00 for Freedom of the Seas 8 day Eastern for March 18, 2017. Booked it under the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pax 50% off and with a $100 deposit and $126 OBC. Was looking online tonight and found that a new Panoramic Ocean View (the new deck 12 cabins that were just added) is available for about $80 more TOTAL. Sent an email to my TA to see if we can get moved to the Panoramic without losing our OBC and without having to pay another $650 in deposit money now.

Because of this thread, I alerted our TA who immediately sent new pricing

on 3 of our 2016-17 sailings. :)

Sweet - Glad to hear this is helping many across the board. I started the thread from my phone as soon as I contacted RC about a price drop on two 2016/7 trips. One cruise has already increased again... sometimes you have to move quickly

Sweet - Glad to hear this is helping many across the board. I started the thread from my phone as soon as I contacted RC about a price drop on two 2016/7 trips. One cruise has already increased again... sometimes you have to move quickly

I thought Molly started it. :what:

I thought Molly started it. :what:

Molly started a thread called "Happy Birthday BOGOHO" on May1.

I started this thread named "May "sale" check your bookings" on May 1 after I called RC at 9AM and received a price drop on two cruises.

For some reason CC combined these two threads. Weird - but this is my thread

Molly started a thread called "Happy Birthday BOGOHO" on May1.

I started this thread named "May "sale" check your bookings" on May 1 after I called RC at 9AM and received a price drop on two cruises.

For some reason CC combined these two threads. Weird - but this is my thread

She shows up as the creator in the Android App, sorry. I've never noticed it any other way though

Does it matter if cabins drop in price if the type you have booked is sold out? I find I've got nothing to compare it to. I've never had a GS before, so I've never had a 'sold out category ' before either.

But I did notice the C&A discount went up for all the other cabins, would mine go up too? Again if there's nothing to compare.

i wonder if I should just stop looking.

Does it matter if cabins drop in price if the type you have booked is sold out? I find I've got nothing to compare it to. I've never had a GS before, so I've never had a 'sold out category ' before either.

But I did notice the C&A discount went up for all the other cabins, would mine go up too? Again if there's nothing to compare.

i wonder if I should just stop looking.

If a category is sold out, then it has no price to drop.

However, keep watching because staterooms come and go all the time.

Edited by clarea

If a category is sold out, then it has no price to drop. However, keep watching because staterooms come and go all the time.

I'm in that same situation with my next cruise. I booked very early, and chose a category where there's not a lot of cabins to begin with (OS). I was watching for price drops early on, but then the category sold out, so I'm not holding out too much hope of a better price. Still very happy with what I paid during the first BOGOHO, as these cabins more than doubled in price before they disappeared.