10 story Water slide on Harmony.

10 stories is 100 feet tall.:rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't figure this out either. That's an awfully tall slide, but that is what the article said. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I don't care for the idea of slides, but to each his own. :)

Wonder if lots of people would book this ship because of the 10 Story Water Slide?

LuLu

Being there are people book ships BECAUSE of the FlowRider, I would think, yes, some will book because of the 10 story water slide.

(which is kind of the point of putting it on)

How the heck did some of us ever manage to enjoy cruises without water slides, rock climbing walls, ice skating, specialty restaurants, etc.??? :confused:

And yet some of us STILL enjoy cruising without all of those. To me, those are land-based resort things I could do anywhere. I can only cruise on a ship, so that is my focus with cruising - a ship where I know I'm on a ship.

How the heck did some of us ever manage to enjoy cruises without water slides, rock climbing walls, ice skating, specialty restaurants, etc.??? :confused:

And yet some of us STILL enjoy cruising without all of those. To me, those are land-based resort things I could do anywhere. I can only cruise on a ship, so that is my focus with cruising - a ship where I know I'm on a ship.

Last time I was on a ship- they didn't force us to use the fancy features.

So I'm sure both of you can go onto the Harmony and not use the water slide.

No, I am pretty sure you are forced to go on the water slide. International Laws or something like that. :)

I think there are many things you can do on land that would be much cooler on a ship. For example, you could lay in a lounge chair or sit in a hot tub in your backyard but it is not the same as doing it in the middle of the Caribbean. (unless your backyard is a tiny island in the Caribbean of course) I look at these slides the same way. Just another cool option.

No desire to be on something that big. Like I said, if I want a resort I will go land-based. If I want a cruise I look for ships that feel like ships.

?????

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't figure this out either. That's an awfully tall slide, but that is what the article said. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I don't care for the idea of slides, but to each his own. :)

At this point, speculation seems to be that the slide will go from the flowrider area on deck 16 down to the boardwalk, which is 10 decks.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated deck plans, but no exit area indicated in Boardwalk on deck 6.

Maybe the exit is the sea, when the ship is in port. :D

The exit areas are indicated for the three other slides.

2f3aab49e21960947595ffac52d70bad.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I enjoy the novelty, but I'm afraid the Abyss will clutter the view from boardwalk rooms and suites. It will likely impact the aqua theatre as well. Should be interesting to see the design come to life.

The launch area is right over the seats.

2zteyyq.jpg

I enjoy the novelty, but I'm afraid the Abyss will clutter the view from boardwalk rooms and suites. It will likely impact the aqua theatre as well. Should be interesting to see the design come to life.

The launch area is right over the seats.

I think the quote from the slide designer on the Wilson Butler website states best what they will try to do with the design. Wilson Butler designed the Aqua Theater concept.

"This is the first water slides Royal Caribbean has put on a ship," said Josh Martin, president of Orlando-based Aquatic Design & Engineering, which has partnered with longtime Royal Caribbean designers Wilson Butler Architects to produce the new water park. "So it was very significant, very challenging to just think through how do we integrate those in to what was an existing class of ship and make them feel like they were always meant to be there."

Wonder if lots of people would book this ship because of the 10 Story Water Slide?

LuLu

I'm sure it will attract customers. If the slide was announced when we booked Allure, we would have considered it instead (bearing we liked the itinerary)

I don't understand - Who wouldn't want to go down a 10 story water slide! I see young kids playing shuffle board, and that was on ships since Christopher Columbus so if kids can play old games, adults can go on water slides and have fun!

Totally agree. This particular slide is what I'm most excited about so far with Harmony. I can't wait to see the rendering. :D

I think the quote from the slide designer on the Wilson Butler website states best what they will try to do with the design. Wilson Butler designed the Aqua Theater concept.

"This is the first water slides Royal Caribbean has put on a ship," said Josh Martin, president of Orlando-based Aquatic Design & Engineering, which has partnered with longtime Royal Caribbean designers Wilson Butler Architects to produce the new water park. "So it was very significant, very challenging to just think through how do we integrate those in to what was an existing class of ship and make them feel like they were always meant to be there."

Very familiar with this article - I posted a link to the Aquatic design video on the slides. My issue is that I booked two end boardwalk rooms for March 2017and was looking forward to having the clear view. Others have complained about the noise. If the view is blocked I will likely upgrade to an OV balcony.

I enjoyed the slides on Carnival breeze and Atlantis.

Are you suggesting that's unrealistic? The ship is nominally 236 ft tall (above the water line), so it's less than half of the total ship height. Seems possible to me.

Are you suggesting that's unrealistic? The ship is nominally 236 ft tall (above the water line), so it's less than half of the total ship height. Seems possible to me.

The average story is 10-12 feet in height. If the drop is from deck 16 to 6 (minus deck 13) you have at least 90' right there. If it was 11' per floor then you are at 99 feet. A 100' drop is very possible.

Edited by A&L_Ont