New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

Maybe that's where Bob's beef sliders are as well:halo:

Could be. :)

I actually like the menus that have been on Anthem and hope that these menus that Oasis is introducing make there way to the other ships. The Basil/Mojo/etc. menus haven't been changed much in many years. I do hope that the daily items are still available off menu, since we are trying to take our son on a cruise and he likes the daily pasta with the daily chicken on top of it.:D

On the Oasis right now, and there is what appears to be a new menu. I asked them about it and they said it’s just presented different. However, another server said that it could be all completely different the next day. Seems odd. 1361322cb57ca35ad6c2af841d4a5744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What the heck is "Spicy Grilled Pork Chop"? Where is my Mojo Marinated Pork Chop? Not happy :mad:

our 2 cents

just off the OASIS for Thanksgiving week cruise and gotta say even after letting our memories settle for a lil while we were quite underwhelmed by the entire experience ... this was far from our first RCCL cruise (done a couple of Freedom class as well as several shorties from PC) but so far as longer cruises, our last with them (being local to PC, occasional short weekend getaways are just too inviting)

Our biggest disappointment was the food. I finally understand why cruisers on RCCL's newer and larger vessels are all agog about the specialty restaurants as the food in the WJ and main dining has gone down to the point of reminding me of bad college cafeteria food. The qwiky food places were worse ... the hot dog place was an insult to the mouth! As a Chicagoan I can tell you that there IS such a thing as a GOOD dog or brat ...

IMO if I must pay to eat in extra cost restaurants to get a semi decent meal I'd prefer to just pay for a 'better cruise' where the regular food isn't so bla .... Yes they DO exist; we've been on some and will return.

We paid for an upgraded room (JS) but I think we'd have been better off using the dollars to eat in the 'optional places' more. Before I'd pay MORE YET for an RCCL room with its access to 'included' specialty dining I'll go to a premium cruise line.

Just our 2 cents. Soon after we got off OASIS we booked a Viking Ocean cruise .... Arctic Circle, here we come!

It looks like the everyday items are integrated into the daily selections.

But not the linguini pomodoro or whatever it’s called.

As for seeing the whole meal, I actually like seeing dessert with the rest of the menu b/c....

.....sometimes I like to know if I'm gonna love the dessert or hate it (b/c that might dictate my earlier order)...

I agree completely.

Capt_BJ I believe you touched on an excellent point with your post, we do 2-4 cruise on Royal every year. The quality and sometimes the quantity has dwindled. But your point about Royal hoping to bring in more people to pay more for one of their specialty restaurants couldn't be more from the truth. There's always the possibility of getting a mediocre dinner anyplace but when you're paying extra for it you'd expect that you'll be given a better meal or simply ask the waitstaff for a different one to make things right. You can be sure that in due time the C&A perks will once again be changed and not for their guests benefits either.

Often I'll order just plain pasta (spaghetti) and butter because the main courses are just so repetitive or not appealing.

The kids menu for their macaroni and cheese is so unappealing, they put a slice of American cheese over elbow macaroni and put it in the microwave until the cheese melts. Maybe some kids will eat it but not for me.

This whole change is a work in progress, maybe not so much a work for progress for the wait staff.

But your point about Royal hoping to bring in more people to pay more for one of their specialty restaurants couldn't be more from the truth.

hmmmm ... that's not what I said IMO but perhaps what you read ........

my point was intended to be I don't like needing to spend on top of my 'base fare' to get something beyond 'ugh'

I'll pay a higher base to get a good base meal .....

We always go to windjammer for dinner right when it opens and show us at the MDR ( late seating) just to eat again and talk to our friends or family. MDR without the strip steaks will force me to eat more at the buffet. I also prefer to have the desert on the same menu, less time wasted and sometime I even know what I want since I read the menu before going to the MDR.

I believe it will be a little bit difficult now to know which menu will be presented each night since they no longer have names on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums