Elite Plus Complimentary tea cappuccino, latte and espresso

DomerCruisers

We have not sailed since Celebrity has added new Elite Plus perks. We are wondering how do they handle the "Complimentary tea cappuccino, latte and espresso". We are aware of the Elite Captains Club Breakfast each morning, where we can get complimentary coffee's.

Can we now go to Cafe Bracchio anytime during the day and get the above mentioned coffee's for free? Is there anywhere else on the ship that offers the complimentary coffee's for Elite Plus? Does the benefit extend to coffee in MDR at lunch or dinner?

Input from anyone who has experience with this "latest perk" would be appreciated.

Hi Lynn and Leo!

All these beverages are free in Cafe Baccio. Your card is swiped just like a regular purchase but nothing appears on your account and you don"t sign the slip. You can have your drinks poured into to-go cups - nice for taking into theater for enrichment lectures or back to your cabin. We inquired at dinner of our waiter and he said we could order them from him but he would need to go somewhere outside the restaurant to pick them up. We didn't want to cause more work so we just drand the regular offerings. This was on M Class so maybe a different story on S Class.

Sheila.

The complimentary beverages are coffees but not teas. Even at the captains club breakfast there were no specialty teas. Just those horrid tea bags used at the buffett.. I just swallow it for my caffeine fix twice a day.

The complimentary beverages are coffees but not teas. Even at the captains club breakfast there were no specialty teas. Just those horrid tea bags used at the buffett.. I just swallow it for my caffeine fix twice a day.

Are you sure about your statement? I believe it has been changed and now include teas in the Cafe, but I am not 100% because I had the drink package.

From the Celebrity website listing benefits for Elite+:

• Complimentary tea cappuccino, latte and espresso

One assumes they forgot the comma after tea, as I've never heard of tea cappuccino. :D

As someone who drinks neither tea nor coffee, I am always a little annoyed that hot chocolate is never included!

Some people don't drink tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. If Celebrity offered everyone an alternative, imagine the madness. :rolleyes:

From the Celebrity website listing benefits for Elite+:

• Complimentary tea cappuccino, latte and espresso :D

Written policy is one thing, actual practice another. On the Constellation and Century recently, they allowed us to order any of the non-alcohol coffees and teas on the menu at Cafe Al Baccio and Cova Cafe.

As someone who drinks neither tea nor coffee, I am always a little annoyed that hot chocolate is never included!

So bring some hot chocolate packets with you onto the ship if it's a big deal. I bring stevia packets all the time, just throw a few in a ziploc bag, they don't take up much room, problem solved. :)

Hi, are you referring to teas on the ELITE PLUS level? Yes, they are

included. I was in Cova Cafe almost every day last month on Century

and I had tea in there several times and I was never charged for it.

So the Specialty Teas were definitely included.

Written policy is one thing, actual practice another. On the Constellation and Century recently, they allowed us to order any of the non-alcohol coffees and teas on the menu at Cafe Al Baccio and Cova Cafe.

Same for me on the Constellation in December...had lots of Americanos!

We have not sailed since Celebrity has added new Elite Plus perks. We are wondering how do they handle the "Complimentary tea cappuccino, latte and espresso". We are aware of the Elite Captains Club Breakfast each morning, where we can get complimentary coffee's.

Can we now go to Cafe Bracchio anytime during the day and get the above mentioned coffee's for free? Is there anywhere else on the ship that offers the complimentary coffee's for Elite Plus? Does the benefit extend to coffee in MDR at lunch or dinner?

Input from anyone who has experience with this "latest perk" would be appreciated.

Went to Blu on the last night.the waiter won't give me complementary espresso.

I did got that free espresso at select dining and the Lawn Club Grill(twice).

Edited by iSailor

Hot chocolate packets are normally available on the ship for everyone.

I though so as well, but the poster apparently found otherwise so I made the suggestion to bring some. Maybe they were just out so she thought they weren't included? Pretty sure I've seen them, but then again, I don't drink hot chocolate on cruises so never specifically look for them.

I'm with you Sue, Hot chocolate would have been a logical inclusion.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I though so as well, but the poster apparently found otherwise so I made the suggestion to bring some. Maybe they were just out so she thought they weren't included? Pretty sure I've seen them, but then again, I don't drink hot chocolate on cruises so never specifically look for them.

The reason I said they were normally provided is that on our 30+ days on the Infinity last spring, they were not. I submitted an attention to detail card with no results. Those were cruises on which it would have been nice to have hot chocolate available (British Isles and Norwegian fjords). Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.

Elite+ perks have been modified to include specialty tea which is generally available at Café Al Bacio as is hot chocolate for the same price, or less, than cappuccino. I rarely drink Hot Chocolate on a cruise but my DH might depending on the itinerary. There is no way that a package mix added to hot water equals the hot chocolate available in Café Al Bacio. Same with the Café Americano, cannot figure out why it is not included since the price is equivalent and it is available at the same venue.

Mary Lou

Elite+ perks have been modified to include specialty tea which is generally available at Café Al Bacio as is hot chocolate for the same price, or less, than cappuccino. I rarely drink Hot Chocolate on a cruise but my DH might depending on the itinerary. There is no way that a package mix added to hot water equals the hot chocolate available in Café Al Bacio. Same with the Café Americano, cannot figure out why it is not included since the price is equivalent and it is available at the same venue.

Mary Lou

Not really any different than the Elite cocktail party when the drink list is provided.

Probably the same kind of thinking.