Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Haha. Good question. Maybe they're disposable. One time use only. :eek:

They put the chogs in them and throw them off the aft. It will be known as "The Deep 6 Abyss", an invite only ride for select cruise guests.:)

How do the mats get back up

Maybe the mats don't go back up at all. If someone wants to go down the Abyss, he/she can get a mat at the end of the Abyss and take it up him-/herself. "Problem" solved :)

I wonder what the AGE/HEIGHT/WEIGHT restrictions will be for the water slides and the Abyss? Does any one know?

The latest I heard comes from Dave Monk, who was told that for the Ultimate Abyss, travellers must be at least 44 inches tall and the maximum weight is 330lb. The Perfect Storm riders must be 48 inches tall and weigh a maximum of 300lb.

Maybe the mats don't go back up at all. If someone wants to go down the Abyss, he/she can get a mat at the end of the Abyss and take it up him-/herself. "Problem" solved :)

That's not how we do things over here. ;)

That's fairly standard at many waterparks. You get your tube at the bottom and carry it up yourself. The only issue that this poses is that unlike a waterpark where once you pick up your tube there is no where else to go, I could see people picking up a mat for a slide later.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Exactly, when the robots that work at the bionic bar are not working there, they are transporting the mats back up!!

At least they are earning their 18% gratuity then.

That's fairly standard at many waterparks. You get your tube at the bottom and carry it up yourself. The only issue that this poses is that unlike a waterpark where once you pick up your tube there is no where else to go, I could see people picking up a mat for a slide later.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Or people dropping them if they change their minds, like beach towels. Maybe they will but a deposit on them. :eek:

Or people dropping them if they change their minds, like beach towels. Maybe they will but a deposit on them. :eek:

Yes I could see them scattered about the ship.

I think you are right about the deposit. Pick up a mat and they scan your card and it gets scanned when you complete your ride.

Video of Abyss:

Looks fun, I wasn't expecting handles on the mat. Smart idea.

Thanks for the link. I'm not convinced that this 10 second ride warrants the hype.... and impact to the boardwalk area. I was hoping abys would be daytime only, but this confirms that the screaming may be running "after hours".

I'm guessing that the mats are valuable enough that they won't allow them to be strewn about or mishandled by guests. It seems simple enough for a crew member to collect them at the bottom, stack them in some sort of cart, and take a bunch of them to the top by elevator.

Thanks for the link. I'm not convinced that this 10 second ride warrants the hype.... and impact to the boardwalk area. I was hoping abys would be daytime only, but this confirms that the screaming may be running "after hours".

The new noise - along with the big impact on the views - were the 2 questionable impact points I mentioned months ago. Many debated those, but now it seems in one way or another, both are coming to fruition.

The real test will be the first batch of sailings and the passenger feedback.

Does anyone else keep getting emails re on line check in when already done

Yes! No idea why...

Might be worth checking your luggage tags haven't updated.

The original tags only had 4 quadrants. A certain social media site is reporting the tags now have (the correct for Oasis class) 6 quadrants.

(Random thought: Is quadrant the correct term for 6 sections? Sexrant? Answers on a postcard.)

Might be worth checking your luggage tags haven't updated.

The original tags only had 4 quadrants. A certain social media site is reporting the tags now have (the correct for Oasis class) 6 quadrants.

(Random thought: Is quadrant the correct term for 6 sections? Sexrant? Answers on a postcard.)

Hex-rant

The new noise - along with the big impact on the views - were the 2 questionable impact points I mentioned months ago. Many debated those, but now it seems in one way or another, both are coming to fruition.

The real test will be the first batch of sailings and the passenger feedback.

I understand your concern. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest you select a balcony other than boardwalk view. I would hate to see you be unhappy and miserable on your cruise because of the "Boardwalk Noise". If you are already booked, and can not change your room, hopefully it won't be as bad as you are thinking. I can't imagine the slide would generate that much more noise than the standard boardwalk noise and noise from the crowds at the Aqua Theatre.

One RC promo video filmed at night does not mean that it will running into the late evening hours.

In all honesty the boardwalk has never been a quiet place. Between JR, the carousel, the kids play stations on the port side, the extra noise when Rita's had the Fiesta Party and the sea day when they have the kids afternoon play day of games, worlds sexiest man, belly flop competition, rock climbing walls, sail away part, ballon animals and face painting has always existed with noise. As for evening noise there is is the obvious Aqua Threatre shows late run to about 10:30, the movies and sports shown in the AT, sometimes live music and occasionally day time events are continued into the evening and the carousel is a prime example.

A Central Park balcony is quieter but all you need is the wrong guest in there and the noise will echo up. At least the plants have sound adsorption properties.