Crown&Anchor Revamp

On our last cruise I was telling a Pinnacle member we were almost Diamond plus. He advised we should make D+ this year because RCCL was probably going to "revise" the point system on C&A sometime next year. According to him they are going to "raise the bar a little for Diamond and Diamond plus because they are beginning to have too many of them ".

When I contacted C&A they said they knew nothing about any revision to the point system. I would think RCCL would give at least a 18-24 month heads up before implementing any change to the status levels . Has anyone else heard of a point change coming next year ?

And even if there was a change coming C&A would be the last ones to tell you about it ahead of time...they don't release ANY info on any changes until they are good & ready to...:eek:

We've been talking about changes for the last 3 years, eg: new tier between D+ & Pinnacle. As a matter of fact some OPs on this board had given some very entertaining names to the so called new level. LOL

I got my black diamond membership in the mail yesterday;)

This is the official logo in my signature

It will be officially released to all on April the 1st, but no one is fooling me this year:)

Like. lol

Other travel related industries that have a loyalty program are turning to revenue to set the loyalty level, so it would make sense for RCI to adopt the model Celebrity has had for a couple of years (and now that former Celebrity CEO is running RCI). The loyalty perks eat too much into the profits so either the perks have to be cut back, the perk levels must be made harder to attain or a combination of both. It's not a matter of if, but when and what the details will be.

Other travel related industries that have a loyalty program are turning to revenue to set the loyalty level, so it would make sense for RCI to adopt the model Celebrity has had for a couple of years (and now that former Celebrity CEO is running RCI). The loyalty perks eat too much into the profits so either the perks have to be cut back, the perk levels must be made harder to attain or a combination of both. It's not a matter of if, but when and what the details will be.

Let me first say, I have only cruised on Royal, so only fully understand the C&A Loyalty Program, but know that if I cruises on Celebrity or Azumara, would have a certain level of benefits from them.

I have also read that the loyalty programs pale in comparison to Royals. The loyalty program isn't the reason we have only cruised, but the discounts have been nice...I will admit.

So I went to the Celebrity website and can't really find where they explain HOW to accumulate their points. Does it in anyway have to do with 'what you spend on board' -- can someone explain it.

Let me first say, I have only cruised on Royal, so only fully understand the C&A Loyalty Program, but know that if I cruises on Celebrity or Azumara, would have a certain level of benefits from them.

I have also read that the loyalty programs pale in comparison to Royals. The loyalty program isn't the reason we have only cruised, but the discounts have been nice...I will admit.

So I went to the Celebrity website and can't really find where they explain HOW to accumulate their points. Does it in anyway have to do with 'what you spend on board' -- can someone explain it.

Here is link to how to accrue celebrity points

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/captains-club

It's based on cabin category:

Now, instead of tier credits, you will earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Stateroom Category and Club Points Earned per Night:

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite 18

For the Xpedition:

Oceanview, Deluxe, Premium 5

Junior, Xpedition Suite 12

Royal Suite, Penthouse Suite 18

Then I looked at the benefits garnered by reaching each level.....I can find no level that has any discounts....as an example anything like the Balcony discount with C&A.

I understand you can request a 1 category upgrade at time of booking. Not sure how it works though. I normally book the cabin I want and don't think I ever asked:rolleyes:

I understand you can request a 1 category upgrade at time of booking. Not sure how it works though. I normally book the cabin I want and don't think I ever asked:rolleyes:

Yes, you can request this at the time of booking. We have a Celebrity cruise booked right now, and paid for a category 2C balcony, but paid a 2D price.

On any given day on any given cruise, there are dozens of people "who really are in the know" who report something like that. It's been that way for many years. Once in a great while, by coincidence more than likely, it turns out to be true.

yes almost like going to the racetrack, everyones got a tip on a horse.. hahaha

Other travel related industries that have a loyalty program are turning to revenue to set the loyalty level,

I know of at least one cruise line that even adds loyalty 'credit' based on on board spending....http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

And I would love if Royal added this to the C&A program!

Yes...that would be great! In HAL's case, since the spending is based on your final folio bill, even the daily service charge (tip) would count in achieving their $300 on board spending to earn an extra 'cruise day credit'...note though, that is the maximum extra you can earn per cruise, regardless of how much more you might spend...

Yes...that would be great! In HAL's case, since the spending is based on your final folio bill, even the daily service charge (tip) would count in achieving their $300 on board spending to earn an extra 'cruise day credit'...note though, that is the maximum extra you can earn per cruise, regardless of how much more you might spend...

So even if you spent $900 you'd still only get 1 extra point? Instead of 3?

I got my black diamond membership in the mail yesterday;)

This is the official logo in my signature

It will be officially released to all on April the 1st, but no one is fooling me this year:)

Up here in Canada Black Diamond is a cheese brand. By chance, did you get sent a block of old cheddar, for the cheese of the month? What a great club you are in and what a membership to have. :D

I can't wait to see what snacks you provide for our March cabin crawl. :p

Edited by A&L_Ont