Key Card Color

Sandtrap328

Doesn't everyone have a picket? :D:D:D

No, apparently they don't put pockets in women's apparel. I guess the handbag industry would go bankrupt if they did. I usually get saddled with with carrying DW's lipstick and card in my pocket.

What do we do with our cards. I don't want to carry a purse/wallet, and I don't like lanyards. Hate lanyards around my neck. What is the best way to carry one. I was thinking a retractable clip like I used to use at the hospital. What do you all use.

The RS passengers have a servant who is at their side at all times to carry their card for them. For RS passengers, carrying their own card is like expecting people of their class to carry money or a credit card.

DON

On a recent cruise my travelling companion had to visit guest relations as her card had lost its ability to open the door, and they had to reprogram one. This happened to me on a cruise too a few years before. The probable cause was close proximity to something magnetic or electronic in her bag where she always kept it. We thought it may have been the e-reader. So presumably using a lanyard would stop this problem.

On a recent cruise my travelling companion had to visit guest relations as her card had lost its ability to open the door, and they had to reprogram one. This happened to me on a cruise too a few years before. The probable cause was close proximity to something magnetic or electronic in her bag where she always kept it. We thought it may have been the e-reader. So presumably using a lanyard would stop this problem.

Ah. my question answered - thank you. I'll pack some lanyards since I won't be paying out for any more!

Edited by mrsgoggins

A slight aside - do the cards open the cabin doors (as on Disney ships)? If so, we found lanyards very convenient. Not so much on Princess where they didn't.

Yes, your card opens your door too.

When my card malfunctioned I was advised not to keep it near my mobile because this can affect the magnetic strip.

I was told the same thing. Also the magnetic iPad case doesn't doesn't do it any good either. I put my card in one of those faux leather holders you get. I can put a credit card in the other side for when I'm off in the ports and a bit of cash in the centre pocket. I wouldn't be without my faux leather card holder. Oh and it means you can hide your onboard status or lack of;)

Phil

I was told the same thing. Also the magnetic iPad case doesn't doesn't do it any good either. I put my card in one of those faux leather holders you get. I can put a credit card in the other side for when I'm off in the ports and a bit of cash in the centre pocket. I wouldn't be without my faux leather card holder. Oh and it means you can hide your onboard status or lack of;)

Phil

These little "holders" are the best. I also put my CA drivers license in the other side...as well as this niffy small piece of paper I print out before I leave re US $ to the other countries currency!! I also use one of those "holders" at home in my regular purse for my "business cards"...not in "business" anymore but have to have those cards!! :cool: LuAnn

What do we do with our cards. I don't want to carry a purse/wallet, and I don't like lanyards. Hate lanyards around my neck. What is the best way to carry one. I was thinking a retractable clip like I used to use at the hospital. What do you all use.

That would work.

I just put it in my pocket.

I had a great little Camera that also had a built in MP3 player, unfortunately it also had a speaker, even on a lanyard it would wipe my card.

A slight aside - do the cards open the cabin doors (as on Disney ships)? If so, we found lanyards very convenient. Not so much on Princess where they didn't.

Which Princess ship didn't your card open your door

and

how did you open the door?

Which Princess ship didn't your card open your door

and

how did you open the door?

Sorry, I wasn't clear and I realise now that I may be mistaken thinking that Celebrity may be the same as Disney. The Disney ships have a system where it is easy to leave you key card in the lanyard and just lightly touch the door pad. On the Princess ship (Grand) you had to insert the key card - therefore carrying it around in a lanyard was not so convenient.

I keep mine on a stretchy bracelet. I can push it up my arm, under a shirt sleeve, to put it away if need be. Makes it easier to find in my purse during port days. I have also made a number of bracelets with colorful beads and just slip the key ring onto it to hold my sea pass.

It started when on our first cruise, during the cabin crawl, someone gave every woman a stretchy bracelet and every man a can koozie, have used mine every since.

Phil

I also use the leather (ette) holder they give exactly as Phil does above but some of my clothes don't have pockets :( so I bought this for our next cruise.

http://bandiwear.com/

slide5.jpg?12367893074391237811