embarkation eats

george35

We are RCL diamond & I know we are the same as ELITE, my question is,

we are sailing on the INFINITY next month & would like to know were to eat besides the WINDJAMMER ( or whatever it is called on Celebrity ) on embarkation??

Thank You

george35

Edited by george35

And if you happen to have booked an Aqua class cabin, the Blu should also be open for lunch.

Happy Cruisin'

Larry

Don't believe Blu is open for lunch..wasn't for our British Isles Cruise (aug 8-22 2015) nor our Med cruise in 2013

I'm not sure what loyalty status has to do with eats. Bistro on 5 should be open ($10). If sailing in a suite, Luminae should also be open.

Enjoy!

Bistro on Five is a great option. Very relaxing lunch. Sit and enjoy your lunch until your cabin is ready- A great way to begin a wonderful vacation! Worth the $10! You might have to wait until noon as they do not always open exactly when you board the ship. If you are in a suite you also have Luminae.

another option is the grill above the pool deck. They grill burger, hotdogs, veggie burgers etc. nice but if hot outside not too comfortable. We have been disappointed with the very limited spa menu

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Don't believe Blu is open for lunch..wasn't for our British Isles Cruise (aug 8-22 2015) nor our Med cruise in 2013

Maybe it varies from ship to ship. It was open on our Infinity cruise last summer

Not sure if it is open, but the Spa Café near the Solarium pool is also a possibility

Buffet, Spa Cafe, Mast Grill (burgers), and Luminae are the places open for embark. You can only use Luminae if you're booked in a suite, but the other options are accessible to everyone.

You can also go to Bistro on 5 and pay extra money for lunch, but I think that's a silly idea. There are plenty of options that you've already paid for.

And if you happen to have booked an Aqua class cabin, the Blu should also be open for lunch.

Happy Cruisin'

Larry

Maybe it varies from ship to ship. It was open on our Infinity cruise last summer

Not sure if it is open, but the Spa Café near the Solarium pool is also a possibility

Interesting report regarding Blu. Since 2012 we've booked all of our non-Century (which didn't have Aqua Class so no Blu restaurant) cruises in Aqua Class. I've never seen Blu open for lunch on either a M-class or S-class ship. And we boarded the Infinity last February for a 42 night B2B2B, and Blu definitely wasn't open for lunch.

But the Aqua Spa Cafe, which is not related to Aqua Class staterooms, is open for both breakfast and lunch. This venue is closed for dinner.

Buffet, Spa Cafe, Mast Grill (burgers), and Luminae are the places open for embark. You can only use Luminae if you're booked in a suite, but the other options are accessible to everyone.

You can also go to Bistro on 5 and pay extra money for lunch, but I think that's a silly idea. There are plenty of options that you've already paid for.

I guess I'm just a silly twit then. We eat at Bistro on boarding day every cruise, and enjoy it, too. We use some of the OBC we've received so it's not too painful. . .

This is a common question and it amazes me the number who say they need to avoid the masses in the Oceanview Cafe. Yes its busy however the choice is vast, theres something for everyone and lets face it you are about to share the ship with 2 to 3 thousand other passengers for a cruise so if being amongst other people is an issue should you be cruising? Weve never not found a seat and have really enjoyed making our choices from their vast range. Nachos with all the toppings for us! Oh and the pizza, oh not forgetting the ceaser salad, oh and the fish and chips...........am hungry now......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed the Summit to Bermuda on 5/24/15. It was a very pleasant surprise to find the MDR open for lunch on embarkation day.

Nice. :) Since the member I was replying to specifically mentioned Solstice, I answered no because we were just on Solstice.

Yes its busy however the choice is vast, theres something for everyone... Weve never not found a seat and have really enjoyed making our choices from their vast range...

Agree with you but then again, to each his own.

If someone wants to pay extra for their lunch it is absolutely none of our business to judge them, as some in this thread have done. Maybe those people have hundreds of dollars of onboard credit, for all we know, right? :p;)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

This is a common question and it amazes me the number who say they need to avoid the masses in the Oceanview Cafe. Yes its busy however the choice is vast, theres something for everyone and lets face it you are about to share the ship with 2 to 3 thousand other passengers for a cruise so if being amongst other people is an issue should you be cruising? Weve never not found a seat and have really enjoyed making our choices from their vast range. Nachos with all the toppings for us! Oh and the pizza, oh not forgetting the ceaser salad, oh and the fish and chips...........am hungry now......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't find the crowds eating to be the real issue with the buffet. It's the people with a bunch of carry-on luggage camping out at tables even though they've already eaten. Even better if they're playing cards or board games while people with trays of food are looking for seats.

If someone wants to pay extra for their lunch it is absolutely none of our business to judge them, as some in this thread have done. Maybe those people have hundreds of dollars of onboard credit, for all we know, right? :p;)

YUP! Between online travel agency OBC, and shareholder OBC... life is SWEET! :cool:

But a grilled polish sausage with ketchup, mustard, onions and 'kraut from the poolside grill, is STILL a FANTASTIC way to start a cruise! :D

Besides, some people just need anger management classes now and then...

Edited by teecee60

I don't find the crowds eating to be the real issue with the buffet. It's the people with a bunch of carry-on luggage camping out at tables even though they've already eaten. Even better if they're playing cards or board games while people with trays of food are looking for seats.

Exactly!

And to me, the Cowboy followed by the Spanish are worth every penny.;):D

(crepes, that is)

Edited by cadburysmom

I just park myself and my carry on luggage in a lounge chair and have a drink until the announcement is made that the cabins are ready. Then we can go put our stuff in the cabin and safe and go back to the Oceanview which will now have available seating as the hordes just occupying tables and not eating will have left. You will only encounter difficulty with lines and searching for seats if you insist on eating between noon and 1:30.