New Survey Just Received

1ANGELCAT

Just received a new survey from HAL. This one was about pre vacation planning. One of the questions asked if you considered having religious services and travel lecturers aboard important.

This was based on Caribbean/ Panama cruises.

I got the same thing! Filled it out, but at the same time I expressed the situation as I have done in the past about the on board smoking and told them we are booked on another cruise with them in 2016 and it might be my last and switching to other cruise lines that have no smoking.!

Wow got a response ASAP about smoking that they are doing research now on the topic! Was a form type letter.

Denise:)

Will see! Love my HALthough:(

Just received a new survey from HAL. This one was about pre vacation planning. One of the questions asked if you considered having religious services and travel lecturers aboard important.

We got the pre-cruise survey for Caribbean/ Panama cruises a week or so ago. We responded immediately to confirm our gratitude to HAL for providing religious services on all of its cruises.

Edited by avian777

I just received one today that was the same as OP's - a lot of questions about influencers on cruise line/itinerary choice as well as pre-trip preparation. This one specifically referenced my recent Australia/New Zealand cruise.

I received one a few weeks ago that referenced my past South America/Antarctica cruise but asked more questions more about pre/post tour hotels and tours.

So, it definitely looks like past voyages are determining which, if any, survey one might receive.

At least they are looking for feedback!

Wish I'd gotten this one instead of the one I got a couple of weeks ago. It seems onboard lecturers are very hit-or-miss on HAL anymore, at least on cruises of 14 days or less. Good onboard lecturers (not shore excursion pushers) are one of the main things I look for in the cruises I take....

Just got the 2nd survey, asking in particular about Alaska. I did respond for religious services and onboard lecturers.

Karen

I got the this one. DH got the first one. They are slightly different.

The cruise they are enquiring about is just to make sure you were on that cruise.

DH's was more about all inclusive stuff.

Mine was more along what made a cruise important including on board lecturers (gave that high marks).

I think they are just compiling information.

What they do with it, is anyone's guess.

I did make note that the one reason we sailed a particular itinerary was because it was on the Prinsendam and we want those size of ships continued.

What the heck, a girl can dream can't she?

I got the email but the first question asked if my recent cruise was to Alaska. When I answered "No", it said Thank You and ended.

I was just on Voyage of the Vikings which had great lecturers and I would have liked to take the survey. Oh well...

Mine was in my email. It came apparently after the OP started this thread.

One thing I did notice was that there were a couple of questions regarding, where did you get the best information about your cruise and another about if you did research before choosing a cruise where? Both had the Option to check Other and then a box to put in 2 simple words "Cruise Critic."

Oh, Before I forget to mention it.....Hubby did not receive any survey requests:) I think he is a bit jealous:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Have never received any surveys -- either by e-mail or regular carrier.

Maybe you should check your preferences in your Holland America Account, there is a part where you can check how Holland America can approach you, options like mail, phone and e-mail can be switched on or off!

I got the survey, but it wasn't about my last cruise. It was about two cruises ago! Go figure.

Like others they asked where online I got info. Of course CC was my answer. They also asked about onboard lectures. Wish they had more of them rather than "sidewalk sales"!

Edited by Hflors

The survey my husband received a few weeks ago was for questions re sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

The survey I received yesterday pertained to having recently taken a Panama Canal cruise. There were a few questions about where I received the best information about HAL cruises and I did not check " Holland America website". I ticked the "other" box and wrote in " Cruise Critic". I would be willing to bet that many others did that as well. That may not be the answer HAL was looking for but it's the truth.

Edited by sapper1

my wife just got the 'pre-planning' survey in an email.. nothing for me... I guess we know now who rates :)

funny thing is.. WE never get any emails for specials or whatevers from HAL no matter how many times I've called or filled out a request online--except the usual ' thank you for requesting info'.. they got us long time mariners 'hooked' already so no need to go after our bizness.. they target low mariners or first time cruisers

The question regarding onboard priests and lecturers is disturbing, it means they have had and are continuing to have conversations to eliminating them from the ships.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread yesterday. Struck fear in me, as I would hate to lose either of those.

I do put my appreciation of having on-board clergy on every post-cruise survey. I tend to take cruises that offer the enrichment lectures, and mention my appreciation of those, too. I don't know that I would still cruise HAL if either were removed from the offerings.

The question regarding onboard priests and lecturers is disturbing, it means they have had and are continuing to have conversations to eliminating them from the ships.

I wonder if they're looking for ways to cut more of their costs. Plus, if they don't hire a priest or a lecturer, it's more cabins to sell. (NOT saying they should cut these services, just wondering about the reason for putting it on the survey)