Unwanted Upgrade, How do I get my cabin back?

BoxersMom

Help, I leave on the Vision of the Seas on Monday Jan 11th and just signed into my reservation an hour ago and found out that they "upgraded" me to a JS but not an AFT JS. I booked my Aft Balcony nearly 2 years ago, and it was still on my reservation on Friday. Now, Saturday night at 10:00 it's gone!! I plan to call C & A first thing tomorrow AM. Any ideas???

Help, I leave on the Vision of the Seas on Monday Jan 11th and just signed into my reservation an hour ago and found out that they "upgraded" me to a JS but not an AFT JS. I booked my Aft Balcony nearly 2 years ago, and it was still on my reservation on Friday. Now, Saturday night at 10:00 it's gone!! I plan to call C & A first thing tomorrow AM. Any ideas???

In other words, you would rather have a 195 sq ft cabin with a shower and single points on the aft with a large balcony than a junior suite of 281 square feet with a bathtub and a decent size balcony and double points?

IMO, the balcony isn't worth it, if they are giving you the JS for nothing.

But I guess that you feel differently.

In other words, you would rather have a 195 sq ft cabin with a shower and single points on the aft with a large balcony than a junior suite of 281 square feet with a bathtub and a decent size balcony and double points?

Unfortunately, no double points for the free upgrade. But I would take the Junior Suite, even over an aft balcony (in a heartbeat) with no regrets. :D

Yes, we LOVE the Aft Balcony cabins and have booked early many times to be sure to get one. This was my significant birthday and 20th wedding anniversary cruise and I really was excited to have my Aft balcony to celebrate in. Now I can waste my Sunday morning calling and begging to get back what has been mine for 2 years.

I think that I know who got your balcony cabin. What I DON'T know is whose JS you got. ;)

I decided to check my reservation tonight after reading these post about possible upgrades. I was shocked to see that I have been upgraded from an inside to a balcony cabin on my cruise leaving Monday 1/11 on Independence. This is my first upgrade. I'm almost a diamond+ so I kept hoping that one day the upgrade fairy would pay me a visit.

Crud, RCCL can do that? My FIL booked a balcony cabin because it was near the elevators and he can't walk very well. But it's the one that's adjacent to the RS and now I'm afraid some family will want it and bump him.

Crud, RCCL can do that? My FIL booked a balcony cabin because it was near the elevators and he can't walk very well. But it's the one that's adjacent to the RS and now I'm afraid some family will want it and bump him.

Gig, tell your FIL to go into his My Cruises Profile and mark "no upgrades".

Sometimes even having "do not upgrade" marked doesn't work. I was gratuitously "upgraded" to an OV in Oct on the Jewel from an oversized inside that I had specifically selected 18 months earlier. Fortunately I got an email from RCL and was able to call C&A immediately. I got my cabin back within an hour and the rep said that the person doing the upgrades never checked to see if I had "do not upgrade" on my reservation!

For me moving across the hall and getting a wndow just wasn't worth losing the extra 40 sq ft in the oversized cabin on a 15 day cruise.

Sometimes even having "do not upgrade" marked doesn't work. I was gratuitously "upgraded" to an OV in Oct on the Jewel from an oversized inside that I had specifically selected 18 months earlier. Fortunately I got an email from RCL and was able to call C&A immediately. I got my cabin back within an hour and the rep said that the person doing the upgrades never checked to see if I had "do not upgrade" on my reservation!

Oh dear, I am booked at a corner AFT Radiance balcony. Long anticipating that I might get upgraded to non AFT JS like what happened to the OP, I've set my upgrade preferences to no upgrade as early as last year.

So in case I got upgraded even if I have set my preference to no upgrade, then I might demand for more compensation if that happens and my original room is no longer avail, as it will be really their fault for not checking the upgrade preferences.

I think that I know who got your balcony cabin. What I DON'T know is whose JS you got.

I decided to check my reservation tonight after reading these post about possible upgrades. I was shocked to see that I have been upgraded from an inside to a balcony cabin on my cruise leaving Monday 1/11 on Independence. This is my first upgrade. I'm almost a diamond+ so I kept hoping that one day the upgrade fairy would pay me a visit.

Now, could there be something you are missing Sherlock?:rolleyes:

I've looked at my cruises, personal information

and my cruises, cruising preferences

and my cruises, onboard preferences

I've looked at my reserved cruise

I am clearly blind...any help? Thanks.

Should be under Profile, Upgrade Preferences.

If not, you may not have your C&A number properly associated with your My Cruises account. In that case, Call C&A.

Should be under Profile, Upgrade Preferences.

If not, you may not have your C&A number properly associated with your My Cruises account. In that case, Call C&A.

well that's annoying.

i did sign up for c&a but this will be my first cruise.

i guess i'll have to call....and say 'i don't want an automatic upgrade' thanks.

You read my mind Merion Mom!...:)

I was debating if I should just pick on OP and discredit them for wanting the cabin they booked:rolleyes::rolleyes: but it's easier to just help them.

The Resolutions Department's phone number is 1-800-205-9812

That is a different approach....helping a Fellow cruiser.

I am thinking it might even be fun!

Hope it catches on! :D

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

It's funny the conflicting info FROM RC. We were upgraded to a royal family suite BUT RC said we would NOT get double points nor all of the suite benefits such as concierge, etc., because we did not PAY for a suite. I think it just depends...

To the OP, I hope you get this resolved to your liking. It's your vacation, and I hope you find the cabin (or return to it) that makes you happy. :)