Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

The only difference really is the name changes of venues. This trip on Independence with so many Pinnacle, D+ &D (1200) is that the Diamond lounges have been extended to Viking Crown and Pyramid Lounges taking the overflows. Many of the Pinnacle cruisers are mingling with the D & D+ lounges probably because the Concierge lounge is tiny.

The Welcome back was held in the theatre where top cruiser Addison Fittis (1400 nights) received his earned accolade and toasted with champagne.

Captains table and dining with Officer still happening and probably open to those D+ who are halfway to Pinnacle.

For the rest of us dining with friends in Chops is only $60 per couple and not hundreds of thousands of $ for the privilege.

Weather fine seas calm on this easy going TA aboard The Indy.

Will be attending the Royal brunch and galley tour on day 11 if the standard is as high on here as it was on Splendor, then personally, that will be the best $60 spent on this cruise.

I do see a Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge on the Oasis deck plans...........no Concierge Lounge.

They have been there since their dry docks in 2015 for Allure and 2014 for Oasis which was well before this thread started.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

They have been there since their dry docks in 2015 for Allure and 2014 for Oasis which was well before this thread started.:)

And weren't those same rumours about D+ being kicked out of the CL lounge on all ships and D's being kicked out of the D lounge circulating back then as well.

Different year same rumours.

Captains table and dining with Officer still happening and probably open to those D+ who are halfway to Pinnacle.

For the rest of us dining with friends in Chops is only $60 per couple and not hundreds of thousands of $ for the privilege.

Weather fine seas calm on this easy going TA aboard The Indy.

Will be attending the Royal brunch and galley tour on day 11 if the standard is as high on here as it was on Splendor, then personally, that will be the best $60 spent on this cruise.

Pressing the like button heavily here!

The one time we had an invite to dine with an officer on Celebrity we declined - not our thing thanks.

We begin our NAV Trans-Atlantic today and we have been told there will be close to 900 D, D+ and P traveling. The new restrictions to lounge access upsets many but it is perfectly logical from a crowd control standpoint. No one is going to embrace changes that removes benefits that were granted in the past but what other choice does Royal really have? Turn the entire main theater into a lounge every evening??????

What restrictions have you seen for lounge access on Navigator? Thanks!

And weren't those same rumours about D+ being kicked out of the CL lounge on all ships and D's being kicked out of the D lounge circulating back then as well.

Different year same rumours.

I believe so. I think it is an annual rumor thread, it happens just like the coming of spring every year.

What restrictions have you seen for lounge access on Navigator? Thanks!

Only change so far is a letter in the staterooms "Due to the high count of C&A members, Star lounge will be open instead of the Diamond Club." Could just be a typo - in the past they usually open both. The Crossings are always jammed - it usually sorts itself out in 2-3 days.

I think I went into the DL for cocktails once. DH doesn't drink and really didn't care for the "ambiance." DS is not yet Diamond so I enjoy my voucher (which I hope isn't going anywhere) in the lounge of our choice.

I hate to tell you folks, but the lounges I've visited are a lot different from what has been described on here for years and not in a good way.

Edited by temple1

You know what I hate, loud mouth travel agents in the Lounges, bragging about how they only payed half price.

For some reason I have heard the same story on most cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are correct Pete, but that change occurred when we still had cruise credits.

It used to be that you got the first block at 30 cruise credits and every 10 thereafter. Some folks reported getting a block at 20 on Enchantment, but to my knowledge, this was the only ship that gave a block at 20.

About the time they kicked Diamonds out of the CL, they changed the first block to 20 cruise credits. That converted to 140 points in Jan 2011.

I would have to agree with you. I got my first block on Enchantment out of Baltimore before 2011 and looking at the date and matching the cruises and number of blocks it was at 20 points. .

Only change so far is a letter in the staterooms "Due to the high count of C&A members, Star lounge will be open instead of the Diamond Club." Could just be a typo - in the past they usually open both. The Crossings are always jammed - it usually sorts itself out in 2-3 days.

Laura got that letter on her 2014 Indy TA.

Friend is on Adventure - no more priority boarding unless you are Pinnacle or in a Suite.

No welcome party only a party for Diamonds and above.

He is top cruiser (almost pinnacle). No pictures, no champagne, nothing. They just say he is top cruiser and that is it.

He was also told that as of Oct 1st lots of changes including no more D in the Lounges. DL will be for D+ and CL will be for Pinnacles and suites, just as the rumors have been saying for months.

Friend is on Adventure - no more priority boarding unless you are Pinnacle or in a Suite.

He is top cruiser (almost pinnacle). No pictures, no champagne, nothing. They just say he is top cruiser and that is it.

He was also told that as of Oct 1st lots of changes including no more D in the Lounges. DL will be for D+ and CL will be for Pinnacles and suites, just as the rumors have been saying for months.

Priority boarding never made a difference anyway, but I have a hard time believing they'll get rid of that completely because it costs them NO money whatsoever, yet it makes people feel special. Could it be a San Juan thing?

Sounds like just a Top Tier Party.

Is he supposed to be getting pictures or champagne? Is that a published perk? I feel like that can depend on the ship.

Right now, it's all still rumors about the lounges though.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Please ask your friend who is the source of his information re Oct. 1?

The Adventure sailed from San Juan on current cruise. As has been previously posted there is an area for priority boarding (perhaps no signage but it is there.)

Re no pictures, no champagne, nothing - every ship I have been on with Royal is different based on the ship. There is nothing that seems to be etched in stone re what to serve at top tier parties.

Nonsense, plain and simple!

Too much here to even respond to rationally. If he is D+, he will get his free gift (champagne or whatever he selected) and free photo automatically.

Can we please close this thread for the simple reason that the unsubstantiated rumors only create anxiety and hostility.

Nonsense.

They have been doing this "forever."

This was the situation on the Mariner in 2009.

Too much here to even respond to rationally. If he is D+, he will get his free gift (champagne or whatever he selected) and free photo automatically.

Can we please close this thread for the simple reason that the unsubstantiated rumors only create anxiety and hostility.

I think they are talking about the D+ person being the Top Cruiser and all they did was call his name.....he didn't get a bottle of champagne and a picture of the presentation.

May 1.

October 1.

Anyone else want to enter the Guessing the NonExistent Change Date Pool?

:eek: :rolleyes:

The poster was referring to the top cruiser at the top tier party--they often get a bottle of champagne and a photo with the captain--not their welcome back gift and free photo on the seapass card.