Special Requests from Room Stewards

SmileUSC

I'll be cruising for my first time on RCCL this September. Previously cruised with Carnival twice but it's been 5 years.

I've read several RCCL reviews and have seen people talk about asking their room stewards about "special requests". I'm wondering what some of these requests are...

Thanks!

For me it is all about ICE!! I always have coolers with me so the only thing I ask is they keep my coolers full of ice. They are great about it.

I don't know that I'd consider ice particularly special since it is a time-saving thing on their part not to bring it unless you ask for. That is, providing ice is pretty standard in the hospitality industry and used to be for RC as well.

I would consider special requests things like

extra towels, linens, pillows

asking for an extension cord

getting for an extra cleanup for some reason

asking to stow a piece of luggage somewhere else because it won't fit under the bed

For us we ask for 2 special requests. 2 extra bath towels each day and extra ice. St the end of the cruise we always leave extra tip. Not to much to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The steward will bring ice in the morning, but if you want ice twice a day, you have to let him know.

I build a Word document to give him the first day.

Please separate the beds

Please bring ice twice a day

Please replace the 10,000 pound duvet with a top sheet and blanket

Please bring two extra pillows.

Actually, I don't comment on the duvet's weight, but I cannot sleep under it.

I need a pillow to raise my feet so I can walk on them the next day.

Everything I have ever requested has been done, and with a thank you for making it clear right away.

A steward who goes the extra mile to accommodate you always deserves an extra gratuity.

Edited by jagsfan

Do you guys tip the steward every time he gets something for you or it is covered in the standard gratuities?

Their gratuities are covered with your standard amounts, however it is your option to tip more and your discretion as to what level of service would warrant extra and how much that should be.

No towel animals

We did that one cruise and it really messed with our steward's head! LOL! She appeared quite flustered. I thought we were doing something nice for her as we have been on a few cruises... I guess she has her "routine". haha! oh well.

There is no need to tip whenever your cabin attendant does something for you...it's their JOB! Ice, extra towels, pillows, blankets, etc...are all part of their duties!

The tip you prepay or are charged daily covers ALL of that!

We did that one cruise and it really messed with our steward's head! LOL! She appeared quite flustered. I thought we were doing something nice for her as we have been on a few cruises... I guess she has her "routine". haha! oh well.

I now always tell my cabin steward not to bother making me any towel animals - s/he works hard enough and has enough to do.

Most of them are moved to tears with gratitude.

:)

I always have them empty out the mini bar so that I can put water bottles in there. I get the unlimited drink package and always pick up one or two, along with a soda, when I go back to the room. No need to pay the mini bar prices.

I always have them empty out the mini bar so that I can put water bottles in there. I get the unlimited drink package and always pick up one or two, along with a soda, when I go back to the room. No need to pay the mini bar prices.

The refrigerator was emptied without our requesting that prior to our boarding on our recent Explorer cruise. Other reports on CC have indicated that has occurred elsewhere as well. The stateroom attendant pointed that out when we first came into the stateroom indicating that it would be more convenient for our own personal use that way.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

that the sheets and comforter NOT be tucked under the mattress and that the soap when getting small, NOT be thrown away.

Other than those things noted on the first day, we never need anything else and don't bother our steward.

Edited by Bookish Angel

The steward will bring ice in the morning, but if you want ice twice a day, you have to let him know.

I build a Word document to give him the first day.

Please separate the beds

Please bring ice twice a day

Please replace the 10,000 pound duvet with a top sheet and blanket

Please bring two extra pillows.

Actually, I don't comment on the duvet's weight, but I cannot sleep under it.

I need a pillow to raise my feet so I can walk on them the next day.

Everything I have ever requested has been done, and with a thank you for making it clear right away.

A steward who goes the extra mile to accommodate you always deserves an extra gratuity.

Do you request separate beds when you book? That should get passed on and be that way when you arrive.