Balcony Prices Have Increased Dramatically

In general, RCCL's balcony prices seemed to have increased by 25% or more.

It used to be easy (with D+ discount) to book a 7 night balcony out of St. Juan on Adventure for $1400 or less. Now, it's $300 to $500 more.

The same holds true for other balconies I have checked. RCCL has really hiked the prices in the last few months. I wonder if this is because of increasing numbers qualifying for the C&A Balcony discount?

Supply and demand..Although I just did a B2B on Adventure and was happy with my pricing for a JS including all taxes and gratuities for the two of us was.

week #1 $2617.74

week #2 $2596.76

Supply and demand..Although I just did a B2B on Adventure and was happy with my pricing for a JS including all taxes and gratuities for the two of us was.

week #1 $2617.74

week #2 $2596.76

Did a quick check for next year and you would be paying at least $2700 more. That's a dramatic increase!

Did a quick check for next year and you would be paying at least $2700 more. That's a dramatic increase!

And that's why I'm waiting to book again for May 2018 when those dates open...I know that'll be the best pricing ;) My 2017 (HOTS) was booked a long time ago (June 2015)...and those prices have now doubled exactly :eek:

It's not just balconies, all room categories seem to have increased. The nice thing about booking balconies is that you still have wiggle room in the budget to downgrade your room and still pay within the range of dollars you set aside for vacations/cruising. I know some people are really attached to their balconies, but te insides and promenades (and probably oceanvues) are not bad rooms at all.

week #1 $2617.74

week #2 $2596.76

We recently booked a JS for an April 2018 B2B and our pricing came out to be a little less than the prices posted by Ashland.

We recently booked a JS for an April 2018 B2B and our pricing came out to be a little less than the prices posted by Ashland.

Was that on Adventure? There was a short period of time when some Adventure sailings had JS prices less than balconies.

It used to be easy (with D+ discount) to book a 7 night balcony out of St. Juan on Adventure for $1400 or less. Now, it's $300 to $500 more.

The same holds true for other balconies I have checked. RCCL has really hiked the prices in the last few months. I wonder if this is because of increasing numbers qualifying for the C&A Balcony discount?

I saw a price increase what seemed to be around April 2017 but this was across the board on all cabin classes. I haven't cruised on any ship recently where the ship wasn't near capacity. A good business model for the stock holders would be to increase price.

Is the $1400 pp or for a couple. If for two, that is $100 each. Where can you get the room and food and fun for this amount per day??

I believe that as long as they are having these "sales", and newbies think they are getting a bargain, the prices will keep rising.

The prices will keep rising as long as you have these die-hard RCI fans who will never take their business elsewhere due to losing their precious points privileges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's why I'm waiting to book again for May 2018 when those dates open...I know that'll be the best pricing ;) My 2017 (HOTS) was booked a long time ago (June 2015)...and those prices have now doubled exactly :eek:

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Booked March 20th, 2015, Adventure of the Seas for Oct 2016 sailing, JS for 2, $2430 that included one premium beg pkg for $202. :) It's all about when you book. Like everyone of our previous cruises, we've watched the prices increase as supply decreases.

I think it is all about when you book. We booked our 18 night Transpacific cruise when bookings first opened and paid $9000 for 4. The price today is $15,000. :eek: Makes me very happy we booked early.

Took a look at the options when the new schedule rolled forward and outside of the pricing on the JS on Adventure (which turned out to be an RCI screwup), nothing really looked attractive from a pricing perspective.

Adjusting to the "new normal" of considering other lines and other vacation options rather than just booking RCI for every opportunity :(

Talk about price increases...try checking out Alaska bookings!! :eek:

Four years ago we booked the exact same cabin as we booked for this year,

but pricing has more than doubled. Was hoping for price decrease later,

since we booked so early to get cabin choice, but price never went down

and in fact went up even through final payment.

Supply and demand for sure. Somebody has to pay for those glitzy new

ships coming on board!! :eek:

Edited by island lady

I believe that as long as they are having these "sales", and newbies think they are getting a bargain, the prices will keep rising.

Exactly. I am watching a few cruises and wrote the prices down. When the new "free nights" pricing came out, I looked again and the prices are the same or higher. Some sale!

I know prices have to go up but in some cases the prices are insane.

M

Really?? Please explain this business model???

It is actually quite a brilliant model. When the initial BOGO sale started, it was a true sale (for about a month) before the rack rate prices started to slowly ratchet up - most people didn't pay much attention, because the "sale" kept the actual price relatively stable. With every new iteration of the sale, RCL continually nudged the base price up bit by bit. The "sale" has been going on for more than a year (or is it two by now), which has given RCL ample time to use all of those little price nudges to re-establish the new rack rate prices as the baseline. They tested the model this month when they removed (finally) the BOGO's and offered "every third night and kids" free. It must have worked, because they just extended it. The old baseline prices have been effectively wiped from peoples memories, the non-BOGO rack rates are now firmly entrenched, as the new "normal" and as predicted they have re-settled at about 25-30% higher than before all of this started.

week #1 $2617.74

week #2 $2596.76

We're on Adventure in March 2017 and the JS is more now then the GS when we booked. I've also been watching Navigator's 9 night southern for the same time and the lack of available suites is incredible. I guess the demand is high.

What time frame and is the $1,400 for a couple inclusive of fees. seems lower than most of my past prices, but AOS is typically a discounted ship.

I recently priced a balcony for Dec,2017.This is for Western Caribbean on 3 ships. Freedom:$1637.00 6 nights for 2. Oasis:$2100.00+ for 7 nights. Harmony:$2600.00+ for 7 nights. No perks except supposedly 2 nights free. Yeah.

I normally book using the nextcruise desk, but am so glad I saw a good deal on my 2017 Adventure cruise. The price has more than doubled since I booked it.

I recently priced a balcony for Dec,2017.This is for Western Caribbean on 3 ships. Freedom:$1637.00 6 nights for 2. Oasis:$2100.00+ for 7 nights. Harmony:$2600.00+ for 7 nights. No perks except supposedly 2 nights free. Yeah.

Your paying a premium to sail on Harmony. We looked at Harmony for a Jan 17 cruise and ended up on Allure for same GS and $2000 less. New ships hold a price.

Since 2-3 years back, we have felt that RCI prices were just getting too high. Hence we have tried other line, while continuing to sail with Royal if and when an interesting deal comes up. The cruise lines are all more similar than different. Don't be afraid to try other lines!

The prices will keep rising as long as you have these die-hard RCI fans who will never take their business elsewhere due to losing their precious points privileges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound bitter..

Perhaps we just enjoy Royal Caribbean. Even without my "points privileges", my family and myself would still sail Royal.. Yes, I LIKE their product...