Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I agree with that! However, my TA has more "pull" with RC Than I do for those times that need "special attention". However, you probably have more "pull" than my TA! :D:hearteyes:

The only "pull" I have is my previous experience and whatever knowledge that might have brought me. I think that being in the right place at the right time has as much to do with special attention as anything. Serendipity. :)

(y)(y)

Sarah, thank you for your feedback. I will take all of your advice and run with it. :)

My experience with TA's, except for one, who sadly passed away, has been similar to yours. I always say, no one cares more about my vacation than I do. :D :D

I think people with a hard working TA can be counted with fingers and toes. My current TA is better than the previous one as she gives me OBC instead of just enjoying my hard work and collecting the commission. But she always takes more than one day to response to any of my requests or inquiries. :loudcry:

I hope the taxes in US$ booking has not increased. I check the website yesterday and today for CA$ booking, both the cruise fare and taxes have gone up. For those with a CA$ booking, I don't think you can get your taxes reduce to $84CA pp. The current taxes is higher.

I think people with a hard working TA can be counted with fingers and toes. My current TA is better than the previous one as she gives me OBC instead of just enjoying my hard work and collecting the commission. But she always takes more than one day to response to any of my requests or inquiries. :loudcry:

I hope the taxes in US$ booking has not increased. I check the website yesterday and today for CA$ booking, both the cruise fare and taxes have gone up. For those with a CA$ booking, I don't think you can get your taxes reduce to $84CA pp. The current taxes is higher.

Some of my bookings are direct and a few are with an agent. I only use the TA if they're offering a great "group" price with substantial OBC and I'm satisfied with the cabin choice. The two things that keep me from using them regularly are delays in responding and change/cancel fees.

Some of my bookings are direct and a few are with an agent. I only use the TA if they're offering a great "group" price with substantial OBC and I'm satisfied with the cabin choice. The two things that keep me from using them regularly are delays in responding and change/cancel fees.

Wow! I guess we are very fortunate! Our TA is excellent at emailing back immediately. I rarely even have to talk to her on the phone (my preference). I email my requests, questions, etc. and she is very, very quick to respond. If it warrants a phone call she calls me right away. If it is something of a more urgent nature I can text her or call her cell phone. Last year and this year so far....when bookings opened "after regular business hours" all it took was a quick text and she was immediately on the phone with RC making my bookings!

Wow! I guess we are very fortunate! Our TA is excellent at emailing back immediately. I rarely even have to talk to her on the phone (my preference). I email my requests, questions, etc. and she is very, very quick to respond. If it warrants a phone call she calls me right away. If it is something of a more urgent nature I can text her or call her cell phone. Last year and this year so far....when bookings opened "after regular business hours" all it took was a quick text and she was immediately on the phone with RC making my bookings!

I would agree that you are very fortunate! The last TA I had to deal with (for a group booking) had cell phone and email access, but never returned my calls or emails. It was so frustrating! I almost missed the opportunity to upgrade from a balcony to a JS, which was more commission for her. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

You definitely have a great agent - that's worth a lot!

I was just looking back over many pages of this thread trying to find the updated release info from Royal. I'll post it again to refresh everyone's memory. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/17054855_Deployment_OpeningSchedule_Flyer.pdf

You definitely have a great agent - that's worth a lot!

I was just looking back over many pages of this thread trying to find the updated release info from Royal. I'll post it again to refresh everyone's memory. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/17054855_Deployment_OpeningSchedule_Flyer.pdf

You must be psychic. I was just coming in here to find this exact info! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well it's almost time for the next round of releases, maybe tonight?? Probably not:cool:
Some Royal bigwig did a live blog yesterday and said it would be next week, likely Friday. I sent a question whining re: having to wear helmets for open skating. He read aloud the kudos but neglected to mention or answer my question but such is life.

Does anyone know whether Hawaii usually comes out with Australia or with Alaska?

The last two years they were NOT released with Alaska, but later on. You can usually find the release dates by looking at the ThreadStarter of the rollcall.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

There's rumors going on about Adventure either sailing from Cape Liberty or Norfolk.

If she's staying in American waters, I'd tend to Cape Liberty since for 2017 a full NJ season for Rhapsody was planned but dropped due to the retirement of Legend otS.

Maybe RCI is intending a full NJ season again, with Adventure in 2018.

How about Norfolk? Does it have any size restrictions by port or due to any bridge?

There's rumors going on about Adventure either sailing from Cape Liberty or Norfolk...

I made a joke about a ship going to Norfolk, I think that may have started the rumor about Adventure. I don't see Adventure going to Norfolk.

Adventure Of The Seas coming to Norfolk....Per Bob

#AdventureoftheSeas

#AdventureinNorfolk

#BobAlwaysRight

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This made me smile!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

How about Norfolk? Does it have any size restrictions by port or due to any bridge?

No restrictions but what are the chances of a ship being home ported there when no one else is doing it and RCI doesn't even have it as a port of call for the past year.

Some Royal bigwig did a live blog yesterday and said it would be next week, likely Friday. I sent a question whining re: having to wear helmets for open skating. He read aloud the kudos but neglected to mention or answer my question but such is life.

Friday ? ...Usually it's mid-week.