"This might be YOUR vacation, but it's MY life"

The NPS or Net Promoter Survey (or Score) is used by many, if not most, of customer facing companies. Scores are compared between companies in the same industry and are sometimes used to be awarded "best in class" type of awards that you may see advertised form time to time.

Waiters and Head Waiters probably have no idea that a 9 is the same as a 10. All they're told is that they need top scores and are told to ask for them. In my opinion, by being told to ask for high scores, Royal Caribbean should be disqualified for any awards. However, on a personal level, I'll continue to sail with them.

One of the posters summed it up when he said that if he tried to sway a score by telling a customer to give him a 10, he'd lose his job or at the very least, be disciplined.

I can only tell you what we HAVE done in the past:

we got their NAME and we wrote it ON the comment card or put it into any survey we were asked to fill out and we were very specific and truthful as to exactly what was said.

I'll say this much: we've gotten some feedback from RCCL and they expressed appreciation for our honesty. Unlike some folks involved in these "exchanges with crew members and staff" I get the impression that the people in the offices in Miami really want to know what is what because after all, it 's THEIR life, too.

Do what you want and say what you want but we know what "the" answer to the OP's question really IS.

I'm not talking about the average passenger, I'm talking about the people in this thread who *know* the system is pass/fail but are still arguing that they will give lower marks for good/great but not exemplary service.

Well hostly, that is the most ridiculous thing I have read on this thread. So inexperienced cruisers can rate things honestly and I can't because I've been around the block many times? Nonsense. I'm not going to give anyone a 5 if they don't deserve it,(and for the record, I normally do give high marks to the service personnel.) But what I won't give a 5 to is food quality/presentation or on board activities unless they are truly outstanding.

Not my problem if the cruise lines have one expectation and my reality is another - and don't try to lay a guilt trip on those of us who feel this way.

I did the survey last night and here are some highlights. :o

Welcome to the Royal Caribbean Feedback Survey. Your opinion is extremely important to us and we'd love to hear feedback on your 9 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise aboard Navigator Of The Seas that sailed on December 9, 2016.

I'm pretty sure the survey is geared to new cruisers and is not very substantive.

I don't see the survey as being geared to new cruisers. I don't think new cruisers realize how the comments section can be used to recognize outstanding employees (by name).

I also think the Survey is geared to the person who actually sailed on the ship.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

IMO a lot of Cruisers do not even fill out the Post Cruise Surveys. I never have for the first leg of any of our B2B Cruises due to by the time we get home the window of opportunity has expired. And I'm not interested in filling out the first leg Post Cruise Survey while we're on the second leg. The staff that took care of us gets their tips.

Edited by davekathy

IMO a lot of Cruisers do not even fill out the Post Cruise Surveys. I never have for the first leg of any of our B2B Cruises due to by the time we get home the window of opportunity has expired. And I'm not interested in filling out the first leg Post Cruise Survey while we're on the second leg. The staff that took care of us gets their tips.

I've never understood why a couple only gets one survey. I have often had different experiences and opinions than my wife has, but only one opportunity to comment via the survey process. I guess that is why addressing issues while onboard is so important.

Unrelated, I wonder if we are ever in port together in April?

Edited by John&LaLa

I've never understood why a couple only gets one survey. I have often had different experiences and opinions than my wife has, but only one opportunity to comment via the survey process. I guess that is why addressing issues while onboard is so important.

Doesn't look like it. The only days we have in common are a couple of sea days. April 8th and 15th. Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

:confused: Why would anyone thing different. :confused:

Did you mean "think"? If so....what I was referring is that the person who sails should fill out the survey themselves. As you say in your post below..."I often have different experiences than my wife".

We get two surveys when we're on the same sailing. Do you use different email addresses in your My Cruises account?

Did you mean "think"? If so....what I was referring is that the person who sails should fill out the survey themselves. As you say in your post below..."I often have different experiences than my wife".

We get two surveys when we're on the same sailing. Do you use different email addresses in your My Cruises account?

We share an email account. Never realized a married couple had that option. FWIW, Laura filled out the survey. I copied the questions as a way to share the exact wording with folks who seemed interested.

It seems folks are still confused on the scale. I was trying to help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We share an email account. Never realized a married couple had that option. FWIW, Laura filled out the survey. I copied the questions as a way to share the exact wording with folks who seemed interested.

It seems folks are still confused on the scale. I was trying to help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

FWIW we have never received separate PCS. We also share the same email address. Each person would be great to receive a PCS as sometimes we differ on opinions concerning quality of service. I appreciated the info you previously posted concerning the PCS.

FWIW we have never received separate PCS. We also share the same email address. Each person would be great to receive a PCS as sometimes we differ on opinions concerning quality of service. I appreciated the info you previously posted concerning the PCS.

We get two. We each have separate emails (I personally have four myself). Royal has my one I use for cruising.

We get two. We each have separate emails (I personally have four myself). Royal has my one I use for cruising.

Other than work emails, I have had one email since 1999. I guess I've been given ones from cable/internet providers, google, etc., but have never used them as far as I can tell.

Being asked for the highest score of 10 by the wait staff for our table is troublesome because it is the only score that matters, according to them. They are overstepping what they should ask from the guests they serve for dinner. It is intrusive to interrupt dinner for this purpose, yet they feel they have to.

The last night the Head Waiter also asked everyone to give a standing ovation for the exceptional job the wait staff, chefs, etc., had done. He provided, with enthusiasm, the number of meals they serve in a week, etc. We graciously got to our feet, but this was the third night out of seven that we were on our feet applauding the staff. It is like they are trying to get us in the mood to mark those 10s on the form.

I give a number of 10s, but have also given 9s at times. I can't believe they ignore all marks other than 10s.

• 3 weeks later...

Toward the end of the seemingly modified questionnaire I filled out today (just off Navigator) there was this:

Were you asked by any of the crew members on board this voyage to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey:

Yes

No

If you were asked to provide positive review/ratings on this survey, please identify the crew members(s) that asked you:

Then there's a list of sections of the ship to choose from.

Did RCI read this thread?:eek:

Toward the end of the seemingly modified questionnaire I filled out today (just off Navigator) there was this:

Then there's a list of sections of the ship to choose from.

Did RCI read this thread?:eek:

Interesting... I believe they read them... we need more NON SMOKIONG threads...:D

At the beginning of the cruise, I hand them a list that says how to get an excellent rating. Then I grade depending on how they fulfilled that list.

I have one for the Waiter, Head Waiter (w/ a copy of the Waiter's) and steward. But I'm about to prepare one for the Specialty Restaurant.

At the beginning of the cruise, I hand them a list that says how to get an excellent rating. Then I grade depending on how they fulfilled that list.

I have one for the Waiter, Head Waiter (w/ a copy of the Waiter's) and steward. But I'm about to prepare one for the Specialty Restaurant.

I'm interested in what that predetermined list of requirements includes so that I may consider the same up-front expectations.