RCI cruisers...What would be your "perfect" "dream" itinerary?

For years people (me included) have felt that RC needed to be more creative on itineraries. It seems that is still the case reading comments on the "2018/2019 Deployment" thread. I understand there are some ports that can't accommodate the larger ships, etc. Mr. Ski & I are creatures of habit and tend to repeat the same ships/itineraries. However, we are starting to "branch out". I looked at the UK/Northern European itineraries last night and thought they sounded "good". We have never considered those but apparently (according to comments on another thread) they are "the same old" itineraries as years past also. The Caribbean itineraries have been "the same" (basically) for years for each ship.

So......What would be your "perfect" "dream" itinerary for RC?

What would be your "bucket list" itinerary?

(Be realistic.:) Don't list Rome, Sydney, San Juan, Ketchikan, Honolulu, Boston, St Petersburg, Aruba all in a 7 day itinerary. :))

I would love to see a 12 night out of Venice, that stops in Dubrovnik, Split, Kotor, Ljubljana (Koper), Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Rhodes (and/or maybe even Albania - I know Cunard do a cruise that includes that as a stop, which sounds different).

For cruises out of the UK, I'd just like more choices on ships - Indy and Navigator again? How many years do we have to be stuck with the same ships? There's a few itineraries on Navigator which don't sound too bad next year, like the one that stops in Alicante, but I'm doing Navigator this year so I don't want to be on the same ship next year as well. Also does every Med cruise have to visit Rome? It takes so long to get thete from Civitavecchia and I've pretty much done everything there is to do in Rome, so I generally stay on board now. Wish they'd switch it with Genoa on some cruises.

We still love the Caribbean, I finally have enough vacation to do more than a 7 day cruise. I would do a 9-10 day cruise where the ship gets into port early and stays late, no more of these lame arrive at 10 and depart at 1:30 stops! Maybe a few overnight port stays or a big party on Coco Cay or Labadee that lasts into the night.

We still love the Caribbean, I finally have enough vacation to do more than a 7 day cruise. I would do a 9-10 day cruise where the ship gets into port early and stays late, no more of these lame arrive at 10 and depart at 1:30 stops! Maybe a few overnight port stays or a big party on Coco Cay or Labadee that lasts into the night.

Absolutely agree Bill. Royal needs to get creative.

Oh my.... How much time have you got?

I would love to sail around Australia and then on to New Zealand to do the same. I would then do a transpacific, sail around Hawaii. From there on I would go to Vancouver and head all the way to Alaska (this would include Juneau, Kenai, Seward, Anchorage, Homer and Kodiak). From Kodiak I would head straight to Seattle and do the West Coast of the US.

I would then go around the horn with a long stop in Ushuaia. From there I'd head back North which would certainly include the ABC Islands and Cuba. I'd head North up the East Coast all the way to Nova Scotia and do the crossing from there. And in my perfect itinerary the cruise would end in Zeebrugge, I would get a year off work or more and continue to get paid and the cruise would be for free. Who wants to sail with me? ;):')

Cindy

Like Skiiergirl, we are creatures of habit. We love the Caribbean and have not ventured out of our comfort zone yet.... there are still a few islands we would like to visit first. We just did our first B2B and it will be hard to go back to only a week vaca!!! Loved the feeling we woke up to on Fridays "sail" day that we didn't have to start packing!! We also just became Diamond. I have been trying to decide on our future cruises but it's "same-o-same-o" itinerarys. Loved each island...would just like to see some additions!!

SO.... my dream RCCL cruise would include:

1. A small ship around the BVI's & USVI's. Even if it could only dock at some of the larger ones...just stay overnight so we could take a boat to the smaller islands for day trips. Just awesome!! Know there are other lines that offer this... I am just Loyal to Royal right now.

2. Same idea as #1... overnight stays at some islands!

I'd like to see an eastern to western carribbean cruise with stops at Coco cay, St Martin, the labadee with a sea day then cozumel and two sea days home. That'd probably be my favorite itinerary. There are other stops that I like but those are my stand out favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

A 7-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary ex-San Juan with stops at Vieques, St Bart, Anguilla and Saba. And two sea days.

Would have to sail Seadream or Seabourn as I don't see RCL ever bringing smaller ships into its fleet. Empress is still too big for the above ports.

I think I'm booked on my dream itinerary, which is my Navigator sailing. Actually, if it had 2 more sea days and 1 more port like St Maarten or St Kitts, I'd be happy. I've really become a fan of Southern Caribbean itineraries.

I've also seen my dream Mediterranean sailing, but it's just too expensive for me to book! It would be a 14 night sailing that covers Italy, Greece, France and Spain.

• Like 1

My dream itinerary/bucket list itinerary would be the Norwegian fjords combined with theBritish isles and I hope to check this one off the list next year.

I'm going on a dream itinerary of sorts next week on the Adventure out of San Juan. The 10 day cruise consists of visits to St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, sea day, Bonaire, Curaçao, Aruba, and a final sea Day. All the stops are at least from 8 to 6, with two from 8 to 7, and two from 8 am to 10 pm. I've been to all these islands before, but I'm still very excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2

I'm booked on my dream cruises; 11 days in New Zealand followed by 8 days in Australia. Only problem is that I have to wait until March 2018. Luckily I've got a Bermuda cruise in May and a Pacific coast cruise in September booked.

My dream itinerary is coming in June...Could not believe my luck when i saw it last year...12 nights on brilliance doing Barcelona, Nice, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Almalfi Coast, overnight in Venice, Zadar and Kotor! Can't wait!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app