Complimentary laundry - Elite

tonto524

One for each - the number of items varies depending on the cruise. I don't send my good tees because they wash and dry on hot. For anything that you wear where that works, it is a good service.

Great benefit, on most cruises it is 30 items per bag, 1 bag each. Is great for work-out clothes, DH undies, jeans or jean shorts, socks, hankies & t-shirts. Add in a little hand washing in the sink and the packing is easier.

I should add ---- and this may be evident, but just in case!--- that there is no problem with mixing your clothes in each bag. We send off one bag early in the cruise, with some of my things and some of DH's, and then do it again a couple days later. One is officially in my name and one in his, but sharing is fine.

I should add ---- and this may be evident, but just in case!--- that there is no problem with mixing your clothes in each bag. We send off one bag early in the cruise, with some of my things and some of DH's, and then do it again a couple days later. One is officially in my name and one in his, but sharing is fine.

This is what we do also, it really cuts down on the amount of clothes we have to pack, LOVE this perk!!!

It's a great perk but sometimes you can not send out with less than 3 day's left on cruise, check with cabin attendant.

J.

Good point. That makes it easier to plan out when you want to use the laundry service.

It's a great perk but sometimes you can not send out with less than 3 day's left on cruise, check with cabin attendant.

J.

Every time we have used it, which is a lot, it was restricted the last 3 days. Never seen it any other way, so would plan on that.

Every time we have used it, which is a lot, it was restricted the last 3 days. Never seen it any other way, so would plan on that.
Only way I've seen it as well. It is great to get everything clean and folded nicely, so that I can put them right into the suitcase and I have clean clothes when I get home.

Depends on what time your cabin attendant picks it up. We have gotten it returned in 24 hours most times but once not till second day. On our April TA it was a complimentary bag. Other times it has been 20 or 30 times. This is a great perk IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great benefit, on most cruises it is 30 items per bag, 1 bag each. Is great for work-out clothes, DH undies, jeans or jean shorts, socks, hankies & t-shirts. Add in a little hand washing in the sink and the packing is easier.

On the last TA (this past April on the Eclipse) the room steward told us as much as you can get in the bag. So I packed the bag with more then 30 items. They did it with no extra charge.

Super perk.

We were recently off a TA and I must admit that I have never seen a bag of laundry returned in so many other bags. However, this did not eliminate any wrinkles or in any way contribute to better looking clothes, as there was no rhyme nor reason to all the bags...My DH and I just laughed because it was very odd...one sock in one bag and one sock in another bag etc.:confused: All the items were there, at least I think they were. One thing about an S1 corner aft suite is that you can put in a clothesline that does so much better than the cruise laundry, but you do have to do it yourself, which we did a lot of on our 16 day cruise!

We've recently returned from a TA, during which we had two bags of laundry done. The first bag was picked up by our attendant in the morning and returned the next afternoon. The second bag was also picked up in the morning, but not returned until after 6:30 the next evening. As others have said, roll items tightly and stuff as many in the bag as you can.

There is a limit of 30 items per bag. It isn't the laundry bag challenge that is available to all passengers. On some cruises it is 20 items.

One of the issues I have is those iron in stickers that they use to identify your laundry. Those stickers have sharp corners and if you don't remove them will tend to scratch or pick your shin. Sometimes removing them will pull the threads on the fabric. Other times they use a marker to write in your cabin number and it will bleed thru.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We've recently returned from a TA, during which we had two bags of laundry done. The first bag was picked up by our attendant in the morning and returned the next afternoon. The second bag was also picked up in the morning, but not returned until after 6:30 the next evening. As others have said, roll items tightly and stuff as many in the bag as you can.

It's not how much you can cram into one bag -- it's 30 items. If they won't fit into one bag, use two bags. No need to roll items tightly and stuff into one bag.

The free laundry is a 2 day service and you can get a one day for an extra fee. Occasionally we get ours back in 24 hours but most of the time it is back on the second day. Because the service is not available on the last 3 days they are very busy the day before that so it will take longer

If you have it packed up and ready to go for your cabin attendant before you go to dinner, you will receive it back the next afternoon. At least that's been my experience over many cruises.

It's amazing how fast the laundry comes back some times. Seems to be fastest early in the cruise when I assume fewer "bags" are sent in.... best perk amongst the frequent-cruiser perks.