Diamond Lounge Drink Suggestions?

Saw someone ask for suggestions for drinks to try with the drink package and was inspired to start this thread ahead of our Oasis cruise on Sunday.

To preface, I'm aware of what is available in the DL so no need for any past/current official lists/rules. I'm also aware from personal experience that depending on the server and how crowded it is, they can go out of their way to concoct some stuff not on the old "official" list if so inclined.

I'm actually looking for two separate suggestions, some for myself and some for my wife.

ME - I'm a vodka drinker but will try anything. Not a huge fan of rum drinks where all you taste is rum but when mixed in punch or whatever, it's fine. I've had Long Islands in the DL before but they vary so much from one bartender to the next, they're a gamble. Drank them all week on Freedom two years ago... tried one on Oasis last month and went right back to my standby vodka tonic b/c it was so bad.

WIFE - She's not really a drinker and hates rum so she looks for something fruity with a little vodka thrown in. She tried their standard rum punch made with vodka but it was too strong. Will try asking for a weaker version next week if we don't come up with anything else. Had the nicest/greatest server in an uncrowded Freedom DL two years ago who invented some sort of fruit punch with whatever she could find and added a little vodka and my wife had one every night.

I know there's not a ton of stuff available but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Cosmo, Lemon Drop.

Totally agree with Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hearteyes::* DH is now making the lemon drops for me at home while enjoying the lake from our deck, pretending we're on a ship!!:cool: It's all well and good until we need to get up to go cook our own food and clean the house!!:mad:

Totally agree with Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hearteyes::* DH is now making the lemon drops for me at home while enjoying the lake from our deck, pretending we're on a ship!!:cool: It's all well and good until we need to get up to go cook our own food and clean the house!!:mad:

It's easier to pretend from here. 😉

04d1c269f8db085e5210b893f5e3cc79.jpg

Espresso martini.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It is a pretty limited bar.

Drink what you normally drink.

If you don't drink, don't start.....

I guess we have different definitions of limited. It has one brand of every basic type of liquor (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc.) and typical mixers (tonic, soda, juice). It just doesn't have blender/frozen drink stuff.

If I wanted to drink what I normally drink I wouldn't be asking for suggestions. I like trying new things.

Not all lounges offer making chocolate martinis. But many do. I always ask what special martinis they are capable of making. Once, I think on Indy, had a bar server who made peach "martinis" which were finished off with sparkling wine. Delish! You usually can get a bloody mary, spicy or regular. I keep forgetting to try a sea breeze. Thanks to someone who mentioned it.

Being an insulin-dependent diabetic the mixologist on the Legends of the Seas introduced me to Lemon Drops minus any sugar and it is unbelievable! To the point my husband makes it at home for me...and my BSLs are stable!

Yes, in the Diamond lounge as well as the Concierge Lounge. At least on the Rhapsody a couple months ago.........However, I had gotten Old Fashioned's on the previous couple sailings, but not so much this last one. It is not always consistent.