Embarkation day lunch for Aqua Class

rucruisn2

I understand that concierge class can have lunch in MDR on embarkation day, what about aqua class? Is the buffet or spa cafe our only options?

The options are the buffet, Aqua Spa cafe, and the Mast Grill are those without a fee.

Would be nice to have a BLU or Tuscan buffet for AQ only...or give us access to MDR with the Concierge Class guests...there must be enough room..but maybe not enough staff???

AQ gets the Welcome Aboard water....that's all....

We used to pay for B on 5, but that was changed to sushi...dh allergic,,.

Would be nice to have a BLU or Tuscan buffet for AQ only...or give us access to MDR with the Concierge Class guests...there must be enough room..but maybe not enough staff???

You know opening the MDR to Aqua guests as well as concierge would make so much sense....once it is open anyway how many more staff can it need? Same menu just up the quantity. It isn't as if you are opening up another kitchen, Blu would still be closed. In addition to a pleasant start for Aqua guests as well as CC it would take some pressure off the buffet seating.

No personal interest in this (never book Aqua or CC) but it just seems a logical move....

Does Aqua class receive the complimentary water each day or just two for the whole cruise?

Aqua Class gets access to Blu for almost every meal but embarkation lunch. Concierge class doesn't get access to Blu, Luminae or Michael's Club---the embarkation lunch in MDR is the little bone thrown to them. Thus, it makes no sense to me to open up the MDR at embarkation to anyone but Concierge.

Aqua Class gets access to Blu for almost every meal but embarkation lunch. Concierge class doesn't get access to Blu, Luminae or Michael's Club---the embarkation lunch in MDR is the little bone thrown to them. Thus, it makes no sense to me to open up the MDR at embarkation to anyone but Concierge.

The reason it makes sense is that Aqua Class is considered to be a higher class stateroom than Concierge, just seems odd that the three top types of staterooms are in order Concierge, Aqua and Suites. Concierge and suites get embark lunch but the one in the middle doesn't, that makes no sense.

I understand that concierge class can have lunch in MDR on embarkation day, what about aqua class? Is the buffet or spa cafe our only options?

There are a few other options.

You can have lunch before boarding.

You can also have a few pastries from Cafe al Bacio to help you survive until dinner

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We figure they threw the embarkation day lunch at Concierge....because there is really very little to justify paying extra money for Concierge. Its kind of silly for folks to pay extra money for the same type cabin just to get a footstool on the balcony.

Hank

We figure they threw the embarkation day lunch at Concierge....because there is really very little to justify paying extra money for Concierge. Its kind of silly for folks to pay extra money for the same type cabin just to get a footstool on the balcony.

Without debating weather Concierge is worth the money or not, keep in mind that on M class it is not the same cabin as a standard veranda stateroom. CC is larger but the same size as AQ. Only on S class they are all the same size.

I would not pay extra for CC either. However, on our next cruise AQ (our usual) was way overpriced and CC was less than a veranda.

Zeniths are able to go to the Concierge lunch in MDR. Many times B2B cruisers are invited to dine there. They also invite guests, like Travel Agents who might be visiting the ship to dine. It can become quite crowded with very limited staff. However, usually not very busy and can handle AQ Class passengers. I would include them if space permits.

I enjoy the buffet as there are so many options available. We get a seat outside and enjoy the warm temps especially in the Winter. We eat light at that lunch as we know what is in store for us on the cruise.

It is not clear whether you have ever stayed in an Aqua Class cabin, but lunch is not served in Blu on any day.

The description of the the AQ benefits used to state they it includes all the benefits of CC plus some additional items.

On embarkation day on our cruise out of Yokohama last October, after an early check using the elite line, even though we had checked in, everyone still had to wait to board.

When it came time to board they had a special gate/line for Concierge and Suite, but none for Aqua Class. As an AQ passenger, I just decided to join the Concierge and Suite line anyway and luckily no one objected. But it shows that they are trying to add a little extra benefits to Concierge for the price.

Doesn't make sense to me that concierge class gets MDR but not aqua class.

It may make sense in that they are trying to make Concierge Class more attractive to justify the cost. Many of the perks may not be attractive to cruisers.

You know opening the MDR to Aqua guests as well as concierge would make so much sense....once it is open anyway how many more staff can it need? Same menu just up the quantity. It isn't as if you are opening up another kitchen, Blu would still be closed. In addition to a pleasant start for Aqua guests as well as CC it would take some pressure off the buffet seating.

No personal interest in this (never book Aqua or CC) but it just seems a logical move....

That was my point..We always book AQ and lost B on 5 for embarkation day and where we ate lunch frequently,,, AQ spa cafe has become very crowded ....very few seats....so that leaves the buffet or burgers as dh is allergic to the sushi/ fish....

Only on day 1.

Used to be every day. However, they changed that quite some time ago.

Last 2 cruises cab in steward left some when he saw we needed them. Since we had beverage package we would get water at a bar most of the time.