re meat pies

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

And no bbq sauce at all, it is inhuman to eat either one like that.

It is a no frills meat pie burger for sure, no sauce, cheese not melted, no lettuce, tomato, onion or beetroot, let alone pickles or mayo...I cannot even see a meat patty, just bacon and sliced cheese, a cardinal sin.  This is a real burger below, 

download.jpg.eb48052234e4e0e1bc5094c22e731ea3.jpg

Edited by NSWP

29 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It is a no frills meat pie burger for sure, no sauce, cheese not melted, no lettuce, tomato, onion or beetroot, let alone pickles or mayo...I cannot even see a meat patty, just bacon and sliced cheese, a cardinal sin.  This is a real burger below, 

download.jpg.eb48052234e4e0e1bc5094c22e731ea3.jpg

Is there bacon on that there burger, no scallop that I can see neither.

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

You mean a potato cake, you ask for a scallop down here you will get some yucky shellfish thingo.

I like to make a chickenburger, chicken, pineapple, cheese and the lettuce, tomato, beetroot, fresh red onion and mayo. Lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You mean a potato cake, you ask for a scallop down here you will get some yucky shellfish thingo.

I like to make a chickenburger, chicken, pineapple, cheese and the lettuce, tomato, beetroot, fresh red onion and mayo. Lubbly jubbly.

Even in your neck of the wood I thought I had to go into Mexico for that, but yeah potato cake, potato scallop, potato fritter whatever you call it, still goes well on a burger.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

What is with the whole pile so much stuff up that you can't possibly stuff it in your pie hole. That is just so American. Only they would throw a couple of steaks in there too.

And they would pour on a gallon of maple 🍁 syrup, seen them on the ships pouring it over omelettes, 🥓 bacon, etc. yuk.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And they would pour on a gallon of maple 🍁 syrup, seen them on the ships pouring it over omelettes, 🥓 bacon, etc. yuk.

I doubt they were pouring real maple syrup on anything the stuff costs about $14.00 a litre. It was probably some sugar water that the Americans try to pass off as syrup. Still there is a place for syrup, pancakes, waffles, French toast and such. Omelettes? Not so much,

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I doubt they were pouring real maple syrup on anything the stuff costs about $14.00 a litre. It was probably some sugar water that the Americans try to pass off as syrup. Still there is a place for syrup, pancakes, waffles, French toast and such. Omelettes? Not so much,

Oh no we can buy genuine Canadian Maple Syrup.  The bottle I have at present is 100% and pure Canadian Maple Syrup Brookdale Grade A all natural product of Canada.

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh no we can buy genuine Canadian Maple Syrup.  The bottle I have at present is 100% and pure Canadian Maple Syrup Brookdale Grade A all natural product of Canada.

That wasn't what I meant. Les made the comment that he had seen Americans pouring Maple syrup on omelettes while on a cruise. I'm rather doubtful you will find real maple syrup on the buffet on any cruise line. Like I said $14.00 a litre. We usually get our Maple syrup at Costco, we always have at least one jug around. We like pancakes and I make Belgian style waffles from time to time. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

That wasn't what I meant. Les made the comment that he had seen Americans pouring Maple syrup on omelettes while on a cruise. I'm rather doubtful you will find real maple syrup on the buffet on any cruise line. Like I said $14.00 a litre. We usually get our Maple syrup at Costco, we always have at least one jug around. We like pancakes and I make Belgian style waffles from time to time. 

Princess and the other cruise lines would buy their maple syrup in 44 gallon drums, lol.  I cannot handle that maple syrup, all too sweet for moi.

Now we have created 'The Maple Syrup thread', lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

A lot cheaper in Aldi, but probably German maple syrup, lol.

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A lot cheaper in Aldi, but probably German maple syrup, lol.

Au contraire. Aldi has the real thing. I like it on top of my berry, yogurt, whipped cream and muesli parfaits.

Aldi also has the cheap, artificial, stuff but, like you said, far too sweet.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I might knock one up for dinner, lol. fries with that?

This burger looks really fat. I mean if I had some heart problems, I wouldnt eat it for sure. I mean, even healthy person might get sick eating such a big and fat burger 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

This burger looks really fat. I mean if I had some heart problems, I wouldnt eat it for sure. I mean, even healthy person might get sick eating such a big and fat burger 

Health food of a nation, 🍔

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

They did have real maple syrup on Crystal Symphony, and so they should given their fares. The stuff they have on mass market ships is disgusting. Cheap, nasty corn syrup.

I get very nice maple syrup from our greengrocer. It's a bit expensive but we don't have it that often so it's a treat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Princess and the other cruise lines would buy their maple syrup in 44 gallon drums, lol.  I cannot handle that maple syrup, all too sweet for moi.

Now we have created 'The Maple Syrup thread', lol.

It's not maple syrup, it's corn syrup. Revolting!

• Haha 1

I prefer my fast food to be able to be eaten in bites while being held in my hands,  most of these  concoctions are what I call Frankenfoods, mixing multiple types of meals into an monstrosity meal, far too big for any normal person to enjoy in one meal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I prefer my fast food to be able to be eaten in bites while being held in my hands,  most of these  concoctions are what I call Frankenfoods, mixing multiple types of meals into an monstrosity meal, far too big for any normal person to enjoy in one meal.

This is definitely frankenfood😂

Screenshot_20210822-230217_Opera.jpg.db2bfff23c37a622325b29176ce2ac3d.jpg

Look away now… the ‘lamington burger’ is a thing

• Haha 1