Feeling a bit screwed over by RC, Irma safety/risk issue and no-refund, greed?

lowsidr

Well, then the terms are different for FCCs that are purchased and FCCs that are "given". This could be a very difficult restriction for some people. However, I am reading that the cruise was cancelled and Royal is giving refunds, not FCCs. So this is all moot.

That's my experience in the past. Ones "given", get only one yr. As you said Moot now but it's good to know for the future...

Thank you for the information. We had to cancel late, so we didn't have time to research another cruise. It is 550 miles from where we live in Florida to Ft. Lauderdale. We live on the Gulf of Mexico side in the Panhandle. We tried to get down there but didn't happen, even willing to drive all night. We have been on the Allure and loved it.

F

Well, I had to fly from NY, so I knew it would be mighty doubtful to be able to get there, a hotel, etc. if Irma was, well, what they predicted. No way I would drive that far alone either.

I, and my TA, started to seek altneratives. However, due to certain specifics, the only one would be Allure 10/29 (pretty much until 12/1). I haven't even told my boss I've rescheduled (all he wanted to know was if I was being "stupid" and riding it out in FLL when he was evacuating Miami). ;p

Hope you get to reschedule and it works out for you!

Well, I had to fly from NY, so I knew it would be mighty doubtful to be able to get there, a hotel, etc. if Irma was, well, what they predicted. No way I would drive that far alone either.

I, and my TA, started to seek altneratives. However, due to certain specifics, the only one would be Allure 10/29 (pretty much until 12/1). I haven't even told my boss I've rescheduled (all he wanted to know was if I was being "stupid" and riding it out in FLL when he was evacuating Miami). ;p

Hope you get to reschedule and it works out for you!

Thank you. Enjoy your cruise:D

[/font][/color]

Did they really, just today, 9/12/2017 announce the cruise leaving YESTERDAY has been canceled?

The agent booking site, as of the September 12 Noon update, has the Enchantment sailing today. So we agents don't even have that information. Way to keep us updated.

The agent booking site, as of the September 12 Noon update, has the Enchantment sailing today. So we agents don't even have that information. Way to keep us updated.

There is a thread that has an article saying Royal Caribbean made the decision to cancel the Enchantment sailing this morning after a meeting about the delayed opening of the Port of Miami. There are two sunken sailboats in the channel that have to be removed so the ships can come in.

Edit to add link to thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2543182

There is a thread that has an article saying Royal Caribbean made the decision to cancel the Enchantment sailing this morning after a meeting about the delayed opening of the Port of Miami. There are two sunken sailboats in the channel that have to be removed so the ships can come in.

Edit to add link to thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2543182

I saw the information about the sunken sailboats. Just think that the fact that as of noon, the agent site doesn't have that information puts us in a really bad place. As most people say, I get more information here than directly from the cruise lines.

If they made the decision this morning, then update the noon message.

Now that Irma has come and gone, we are not sure that we will be able to go to the port. We live in Cape Coral and we got the eyewall here. Pretty intense. Most of us have no power or internet and fuel is scarce. We are supposed to go on the 17th so hoping we get things straightened out in the next few days so we can go and not lose all of our $$$$!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw the information about the sunken sailboats. Just think that the fact that as of noon, the agent site doesn't have that information puts us in a really bad place. As most people say, I get more information here than directly from the cruise lines.

If they made the decision this morning, then update the noon message.

I agree that the agent site should have been updated immediately.

They did update the message for the cancellation on the regular site, someone dropped the ball if they didn't post the correct noontime update on the agent site.

I agree that the agent site should have been updated immediately.

They did update the message for the cancellation on the regular site, someone dropped the ball if they didn't post the correct noontime update on the agent site.

And as of now (3:12 PM Eastern), it's still showing that it's sailing today, boarding starting at 5 PM. What a cluster!

Now that Irma has come and gone, we are not sure that we will be able to go to the port. We live in Cape Coral and we got the eyewall here. Pretty intense. Most of us have no power or internet and fuel is scarce. We are supposed to go on the 17th so hoping we get things straightened out in the next few days so we can go and not lose all of our $$$$!

This person was able to get a 100% future cruise credit because of damage from the storm. You could always call and see what they will do for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542833

And as of now (3:12 PM Eastern), it's still showing that it's sailing today, boarding starting at 5 PM. What a cluster!

They'll need to leave before dark (sunset at 7:30) since according to the Port Everglades website the Coast Guard has only approved daylight operations. Of course if only a relative handful of passengers are embarking that shouldn't be a problem but I wonder if they will need to load provisions too. Wishing a good cruise to all passengers and crew!

They are communicating directly with passengers via text or email and not updating the public or agent sites as regularly. I have a client sailing Allure on 9/17 and he received notification of the port change to St Kitts about 24 hours before I did.

I'm sure you realize that communication is not Royal Caribbean's forte.

Best luck with your plans . I am happy to hear that going on your cruise is still a possibility .

And if not I'm hoping that RC will show some compassion towards you . You all deserve that .

Hopefully, there was no damage or flooding to your residence in Cape Coral. Is your power back? Cape Coral had it much worse than we did in Bradenton.

Sure hope you get to go on your Sept. 17th cruise. Think positive and best wishes.

Power back on part of Cocoa Beach. Dropping Laura off at oasis soon. I'm not going, so I'm curious how they will handle the FCC & OBC.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make the cruise. :(

Assuming your son and DIL did not make it back? Belle at least is happy to have Daddy stay with

her. ;)

Did you get any damage? At least you have power back on. Power still out in our community...good thing we are not

there I guess.

I have Park N Cruise booked for our MJ cruise with you...guess I need to re-think that one. Such a shame for

them. :(

I'm a big proponent of parking indoors during hurricane season now. You can park at our place, but it would be outside as well.

Power is a blessing, 6 flights of stairs no Bueno. Hopefully water soon. Kids coming back tomorrow. I may have houseguests

I'm a big proponent of parking indoors during hurricane season now. You can park at our place, but it would be outside as well.

Power is a blessing, 6 flights of stairs no Bueno. Hopefully water soon. Kids coming back tomorrow. I may have houseguests

I am glad to hear that things went as well as they could John. Our condo at Sarasota survived as well. Reports back yesterday let us know that water, electric and AC were all up and running. Pictures from the local press there show how lucky we were.

Glad to hear you are safe and all is reasonably well. It was strange around here with so many regular voices so quiet.

JC

Set to sail on the Allure September 10th. IRMA, not going to happen, RC chooses not to cancel the cruise but to delay departure till Wednesday the 13th and shorten duration to 4 day's instead of 7. A 50% refundable on-board credit to whom choose to sail on the 13th along with an additional 50% credit for a future booking. The above is gracious and in my opinion more than fair. Unfortunately, if you CANNOT cruise on the 13th there will be no refund, no future incentive, just your fare credit applied to a future cruise with Royal.

Other recent cruises have been cancelled due to IRMA and customers have been given a full refund to the method they paid and are being offered an additional 25% credit if they book another RC cruise within 30 days. This I also feel is fair and considerate.

Where I take issue is the fact that my paid in full 7 day cruise is essentially cancelled but a full refund is not an option. I find myself in a position of my cruise fare being held hostage without compensation unless I put myself and my family at risk attempting to depart on the 13th. Being faced with a CAT 5 hurricane how does one actually prepare for a departure when the chances are high the port may be closed, flooded, unable to be staffed, etc.? Being frugal, still wanting to salvage some of our vacation along with benefiting from RC's generous 13th sailing incentives I'm tempted to make plans for the 13th. I know I am not alone and I understand RC wants to up it's retention and that's why the incentives are so good for the 13th. I'm one of the "lucky" ones though, I live in Naples, if my home is still standing and the port is open and everything is honky-dory, we can make that 13th date work. I'm just concerned for others that might be trying the same thing and putting themselves in harms way. Right now it's hard to find water, fuel, food, etc. If Florida gets nailed it's the last place you will want to be, especially if you don't live here.

I contacted RC about this. They were very cordial but remained firm that their customers come 1st and they take our safety seriously. I disagree, my thoughts are it's a fiscal decision that borders on recklessness. I'm sure some folks that live here in Florida could use their cruise fare to evacuate, not going to happen. Hopefully all will work out and this beast veers way east and we are all spared, including RC but for the time being I'm feeling a little less love from the folks at RC making these decisions. Can you imagine making it here for the 13th or scheduling and paying for flights/travel just to find out that the 13th sailing will be cancelled? The storm is not RC's fault but how they are handling this situation just seems flat out wrong and possibly dangerous for some. Anyone else out there feel the same?

wrong post