Celebrity Cruises to Modernize All Cabins and Suites Across Fleet and Add New Sundeck

LauraS

I'm under 60 and I was on board. I hope that doesn't mean I look old for my age.

We saw a handful of kids and some infants on board.

The ship does need to be updated / upgraded and I hope they keep the M Class around.

I did say "hardly anybody" under 60 but that actually includes my wife too! Not me unfortunately. I truly never saw a kid but did see a couple of infants in strollers. I agree that the cabins in particular could use refurbishing but hopefully that is what the newly announced program is all about. I enjoy M-Class as it is a really comfortable size and layout for me.

whoops. reading comprehension fail #MAGA

we booked the edge the day the bookings opened for elite guests. We got a very good rate for our march sailing in a sky suite. However Celebrity wouldn’t honor the rate for a substitute week unless we sailed the following week. It was impossible for us to sail that week. I must say we were disappointed with Celebrities response. While I am sure We will enjoy the ship, Celebrities cavalier response was disappointing. Makes us likely to consider other lines in the future. Who knows they could bump all of us again if they get a good charter

We justcp came off Infinity ( CA Coastal) in an AQ level stateroom,,,great cruise, well organized etc esp compared to last Oct, same ship ( ABC cruuse).

Our stateroom was very dated, like a basic Motel 6 or older trvl motel. Not enough elec outlets, low lighting...etc

Our shower had a terminal case of mildew, sink was crackled, couch sagged as did the mattress.,.refrigerator did not keep cold and our AC went out several times as did our neighbors' AC along the hall., At times sewage smells in hallway,.

They need to re do plumbing, AC and electric,,before doing anything else, Then they need a complete repaint over all the rust, change out sliders. And overall change to bars, lounges , MDR...

Summit and Connie are abt the same, so we are only doing S class and Edge at this point,

We justcp came off Infinity ( CA Coastal) in an AQ level stateroom,,,great cruise, well organized etc esp compared to last Oct, same ship ( ABC cruuse).

Our stateroom was very dated, like a basic Motel 6 or older trvl motel. Not enough elec outlets, low lighting...etc

Our shower had a terminal case of mildew, sink was crackled, couch sagged as did the mattress.,.refrigerator did not keep cold and our AC went out several times as did our neighbors' AC along the hall., At times sewage smells in hallway,.

They need to re do plumbing, AC and electric,,before doing anything else

That reminds me somewhat of our last Summit cruise in an AQ1 aft cabin. Welcome to Modern Luxury.

As to plans for an International Buffet..that's a joke. On our cruise they had an overabundance of Thai food...it was inedible..Otherwise, lots of rice, noodles, bad pizza, re done leftovers. Third rate cold cuts....etc. The whole place would need an extreme upgrade for us to return there,

One exception was the baked goods...great rolls, breads etc but that was about all.

We are not big bulk eaters like so many on board, but would enjoy a decent casual lunch.,.and return of sushi in late afternoon!

Thanks for posting.. gives good insight of where LLP is going with her interpretation of Modern Luxury.

Looks more like a no frills Ikea style dorm room or hostel., Doubt we would pay a high price for an AQ room that looks like that and it will still be an old ship "under the hood"

,If they do not fully re plumb, change out wiring/ electrical and sewage systems...it will only be cosmetic.... Radiance Class on Royal is a good example of covering over old systems with paint and bedspreads...

Yes, it was part of the Fun Factory. Replaced by cabins.

37493668676_11ebddfef2_b.jpg

And where you see those white loungers was where they located the topless sunbathing...a little treat for the kiddos! Obviously chaged to another place.. fairly quickly

While I understand that some people have "suite envy", people who do travel in suites pay twice as much, if not more then that for the suite. Celebrity has to compete with Royal, NCL and other cruise lines who offer those guests more options. I believe that the new Edge, will offer more perks for suite guest in an attempt to compete with other lines.

Michael's lounge is nice as is lumanie, but that really isn't enough.

We had our safety drill in Michael's on Infinity... we hadn't been in there since Elites were kicked out, Sad to say the space looks much shabbier now and the grand piano is no longer in there,, That space could use a serious brightening ...esp at prices suite guests pay!!!

s - I can understand how some consider charging for sushi, which was once at no additional charge in the OVC, my point of view is that they should use the extra space in the buffet for more vegan items, then again realizing that not more than 5% of passengers on any given sailings will want this, no problem. I spent the $12 for freshly rolled vegan rolls on So5 and was quite happy with presentation and pricing, personally.

What is low fare about the pizza and pasta stations? Each time I made the opportunity to avail myself of these stations, they always accommodated my order and desires.

Not sure about the 'extra cost' drinks at sail away, never have encountered this at all. What types of drinks and where was this, in your experience?

Well, in terms of creating more space for suite guests most likely is in the interest of X's bottom line and what is the reason not to? Seeing that often times on the sailings I have been on, are usually fully or near fully booked. Your experience with this? After all, they are in business to satisfy their full paying guests who want such amenities. Not a suite guest, yet, but looking forward to it sometime soon. Having challenges with getting AQ or CN class on Edge... my next move up.

Taste of film experience, well, yes, here in the U.S. we pay to go to the films in movie houses or we can watch them on TV at home, pending on the type of service we have, cable for fee or over the air at no charge. We usually can watch how we want knowing the pending charge or not.

I do not think that the public space in impeded by cabanas in the LC area. I do not think there is any prohibition on the use of the lawn itself, just bring a blanket and sit out and enjoy... only the few cabanas cost. Have you tried that approach yet or you want a cabana with all of the trimmings at no charge?

Just in case you did not realize it, if one believes that the portions are small in the MDR, a request at the time of ordering can be for a larger or double portion of any item desired. Have you tried that, if this is an issue for you?

bon voyage

Being from NJ.,,you surely must recognize Good Pizza..

.I could not believe that the server took a very crispy thin crusted veggie and cheese slice out of the oven and then slathered it with gobs of oil That's just nasty.. they dont do it that way in NY or Italy,.. very bad!

Being from NJ.,,you surely must recognize Good Pizza..

.I could not believe that the server took a very crispy thin crusted veggie and cheese slice out of the oven and then slathered it with gobs of oil That's just nasty.. they dont do it that way in NY or Italy,.. very bad!

h - lol, yes I do know good pizza! As such, when I order it on-board it is invariably thin crust, no added oil, no cheese and roasted vegetables.

By the 2nd pie, they know how thin I like it and it is done...

Consequently, the whole pie is mine and mine alone, as others would turn their nose up to how I like it.

Same for the pasta station, by the 2nd time there they know how to prepare it, just right and al dente.

Just smelling greasy food turns my stomach... [emoji13]

Thank you for your post and Bon voyage....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Deck 15 and 16 remind me of The Haven on the NCL ships- While these types of suites are expensive, IMO, the edge is getting booked up quickly. My DH and I are sailing on her for two weeks in January 2019, and very few cabins are available. Clearly the suites are attracting many people regardless of the high prices. While we enjoy sky suites, we took Edge balcony cabins as the prices were very high when we booked.

The prices were ridiculous. When I looked at the pricing for 7 nights in one of those 2 level villa cabins it cost more than 14 nights in a Penthouse on any S-class ship even though the Penthouse is about 700 sq ft. larger (comparing including balcony space). I'll be waiting a couple years to try Edge when prices are more reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I try and look at the positive. I think it is great that they are updating cabins. I like the idea of The Retreat. The more clean look in the cabins this what the Millennials seem to like. I'm from the baby boomers era. The only companies or people interested in me are doctors, over 55 living communities, assisted living and cemeteries. Celebrity should be more interested in our children and grand children. As this changes are not starting to 2019 and will be rolled in over time in dry dock. I do think that some of the cruisers bring why to much luggage. So you might see me in the same polo 3 times in 14 days:eek:.
Nothing wrong in the least in re-wearing clothes. I do it on all vacations. No such rule anywhere that you have to have 2 NEW outfits each day!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong in the least in re-wearing clothes. I do it on all vacations. No such rule anywhere that you have to have 2 NEW outfits each day!

As long as you clean them. We were on a ship last year and a man had bad body order I believe it was coming from his clothes. So they may look clean, but if you sweat, which we all do, and just shower, your clothes absorb the odor. Use the ships laundry and dry cleaning service!

Love the idea of revitalizing the cabins, especially on M class - long overdue. But at the same time, who designed these things?? I so agree with the idea that the designers need to spend a couple weeks in those cabins (with a lot of sea days) and then see how they like them, More modern is fine - but these look so very cold and uncomfortable. More important - storage is already a challenge, especially on longer cruises. The storage in these designs just looks awful! What are they thinking?!?!? Do they even listen to or care about their customers?? How many people complained about lack of storage when S class came out? So to address that issue, they are going to go with even less storage to make S class look good! Geez.

How can a company be so blind to their customers' needs? Makes me think it is all about looking good in a way appealing to rich Millennials. But I have news for them - Millennials may like sleek and modern (or may not) but they are not stupid - one cruise in these cabins and they may not be coming back.

Have argued for years that storage problem could be easily solved by building drawers into base of sofa. It's just a wooden frame anyway.
Ncl has that on their newer ships. I also like the shelves above the bed in the S-class and wish they would continue to build those!

Ncl has that on their newer ships. I also like the shelves above the bed in the S-class and wish they would continue to build those!

Those of us that are petite (aka short) do not like them AT ALL. They have the same thing on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Besides the top bar in the closet is so high I can barely reach. I hate the S Class ships.

Those of us that are petite (aka short) do not like them AT ALL. They have the same thing on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Besides the top bar in the closet is so high I can barely reach. I hate the S Class ships.

Totally agree!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drawers under the front of the bed for our use would work, also, with no height issue. The hanger rods that light up the closet when you open the closet doors on HAL's Koningsdam are cool and very useful.

Have argued for years that storage problem could be easily solved by building drawers into base of sofa. It's just a wooden frame anyway.

Then those with bad backs would complain about bending way over.

Even on our longest sailings 16 nights), we have never had a problem storing everything comfortably on a Celebrity ship. Even on the S class ships, the only thing we use the overhead for is maybe hats or such. If it wasn't there, we wouldn't miss it.