End of an era- no more Hot Glass Show

81dollar

We're on the Equinox now, this was the last sailing with the Corning Museum of Glass Hot Glass Show on the Equinox. The other ships will have the show phased out in the next few months.

The venue is being renovated as we speak (the last show was the second to last day of our cruise). The three artists and their manager wouldn't say what was happening with the venue exactly, other than Celebrity is keeping the glass blowing equipment on board for an interactive guest experience with a different vendor (not Corning). He did say that it would be a paid experience, which did not fit with the museum's mission.

7352b83f40f1471a33ad47c6dc564d33.jpg

We’re lucky to have caught the last show, as this was our first cruise on a ship with the glass show (previously on Reflection and Summit twice each).

Thank you for posting. I had hoped that they would hold-off ending the show until after our March cruise.

To Celebrity:

Your customers really enjoyed this program. Please add-on a new program that is as good or better, without your hand in our pockets.

:mad: <|3 (n)

Not surprised. LLP (Celebrity's CEO) is all about the bottom line....and turning another space into a profit center is all too typical. As a stockholder we applaud her efforts. As a frequent cruiser, we now favor other lines :(. For the first time in recent memory (probably the past 10 years) we have no Celebrity cruises booked or planned. We continue to cruise over 70 days a year....but there are just too many other better options. We will likely book future cruises on Celebrity...but it might be far in the future and only after their are some favorable changes...rather than constant cut-backs and new attempts at nickel and dimeing.

Hank

What great news, I never did see the attraction of the glass show.. sat there for a few mins once and had to leave as boredom was setting in fast... I know some love it but for me, I personally Would like to see the addition of the lawn grill up there or maybe it’ll be a new type of dining venue...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Glass Show was why we booked the Equinox over the sister ships without it. It is a great, very educational, very interesting, very entertaining show. We went back again and again. Frankly, it was our favorite entertainment venue on the ship. We even bought a really nice piece during the auction. Bummer.

I saw the show the last two times we were on the Equinox. While it was educational and the artist quite talented, I did not stop to see it while on the Eclipse this past November.

I will be fine with a new experience.

Am on the equinox in two weeks and was really looking forward to finally seeing the glass show. Had been looking forward to it since they started , but of this class of ship I had only been on the reflection. So frustrating that I’m just missing it ☹️ Have been to the Corning glass museum in New York and it’s great.

I’m very disappointed that I’ll never have the chance to see the Corning glass show on Equinox. It sounded like a very unique and interesting shipboard activity. Ah well, now I have no specific reason to choose Equinox over one of her sisters. I suspect this is only one of the areas that will change as we enter the Edge era.

Thanks very much for posting the photo 81dollar! I’m glad you were able to experience the final shows:)

I have three cruises booked on S-class ships -- which are all going to be cancelled because of this change -- on top of many others. It may not seem like that big of a deal, but it is the straw that broke the camel's back.

we have no Celebrity cruises booked or planned. We continue to cruise over 70 days a year....but there are just too many other better options. Hank

So, if you do not mind me asking, what cruise lines are you sailing now?