Newer RCI ships listed in "Ugliest ever" cruise ships article

time4u2go

Lose the elitism. I wanted to try something new this fall and was going to book Carnival Breeze but it was more expensive than Oasis for a 7 night sailing. I love Royal but don't let them fool you into thinking that they are some "elite" class. They are on the same level as Carnival and Norwegian.

I’ve got to call BS! Carnival can’t hold Royals Jock strap...Never sailed Norwegian so I can’t call BS on that one!

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Lose the elitism. I wanted to try something new this fall and was going to book Carnival Breeze but it was more expensive than Oasis for a 7 night sailing. I love Royal but don't let them fool you into thinking that they are some "elite" class. They are on the same level as Carnival and Norwegian.

Agreed. They are all on the same mass-market level.

Ok, but that pretty ocean liner can't maneuver with a damn. Needs a whole fleet of tugs to push her around.

As I recall Norway never docked in St Thomas. Always anchored in the harbour. So I guess all the folks reminiscing about pretty ships like to tender. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Make up your own list for most maneuverable. This was entirely about looks and while the Epic may be bad, that Viking Serenade looks homemade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, loved the Sovereign of the Seas back in the days before cruise ships had balconies. We sailed her when she was new and then a few years later. Loved that ship.

My very first cruise ever was on this ship in 2008 and I miss her dearly. I hope Pullmantur is taking good care of Sovereign ❤️[emoji568]

I’m feeling nolstagic, may have to pull out the Cruise in Review DVD I purchased on that cruise lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where’s the like button? I loved QEII, zero balconies or water slides but didn’t need them.

Like. Many happy cruises on QE2 and I never thought what I really need is a water slide. We had a balcony on QE2. There were about thirty hidden away on Sun and Signal deck.

I really don't care what a ship looks like on the outside - if I'm looking at it that means I'm not on it! I only care about the inside.

I agree. Since I'm not going to be looking at it from the outside very much then it makes no difference to me.

And there are plenty of people just like you. I don't happen to be one of them. I prefer aesthetically pleasing ships.... even on the outside.

If the ship isn't aesthetically pleasing does this come into play when booking a cruise?

I agree. Since I'm not going to be looking at it from the outside very much then it makes no difference to me.

If the ship isn't aesthetically pleasing does this come into play when booking a cruise?

Would you buy or even drive an ugly looking car just because it is comfartable from the inside? If you like ships for what they are you also check how it looks from the outside and I base all cruise bookings on that.

With reference to some other comments there is something between an ocean liner from the past and an ugly box like Epic. Ships like Aurora, Artania, Columbus, Galaxy and Millenium and Radiance class or even Britannia as a new ship look perfect to me but QE2 was the best!

It is one of several factors.... yes.

Hypocrites, you still go on cruises. You must love people who count beans...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I still go on cruises ... but only pretty ships. Not ships I find ugly.

I like being in ports and being proud of the ship we come from.

So no ugly Oasis, Quantum class .. or Carnival ghetto Fantasy class .. or NCL Epic or those hideous Princess monstrosities for us.

Its like buying a car. I wanna look good in it! :cool:;)

Yes. I will never book this ship, and its looks has a lot to do with it:

enhance

One thing that irks me about Oasis-class ships are how the bottom three levels of balcony cabins are slightly taller than the other decks of balcony cabins. That's the first thing I notice when I see an Oasis-class ship. They are the only class of ships I notice this on and it drives me insane how all decks are not a uniform height.

One thing that irks me about Oasis-class ships are how the bottom three levels of balcony cabins are slightly taller than the other decks of balcony cabins. That's the first thing I notice when I see an Oasis-class ship. They are the only class of ships I notice this on and it drives me insane how all decks are not a uniform height.

And the Tween deck on MJ doesn't bother you. 😱

Lots said about Radiance Class. I agree. I think they're some of the nicest looking ships at sea.

enhance

enhance

Docked in Cozumel this fall. Used to seeing Liberty pull in next to us. All of a sudden this itty bitty ship pulls in. It's Brilliance. All I could notice is they need to paint the roof of the VCL. 😱

I like them all, but I can honestly say I love the peter max paintings on the NCL ships, being a painter they speak to me. So to each their own I guess....

He created only one painting for Norwegian Breakaway. All others are done by other painters.