Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

It is really bad. Any company with even an amateur IT team would have had a backout plan and executed it after the first 10,000 complaints. Not RCL. Keep on sailing into the ice berg! We sail next week and it has been totally frustrating not being able to get to our full reservation. And not having any confidence, at all, that what we are doing actually is making it into our reservation.

Awesome analogy - lololol.:')

Does anyone know of anyone that has gone a cruise during this site debacle that has had to show up at the pier without printed documents? What have they gone through and what do the pier counters look like with this mess?

Excellent question as I would like to know the answer too. We are scheduled to board the Freedom in a week and a half so at the rate they are progressing, I see this problem still here when we go. So I will report back, take pictures at the loyalty desk, customer service, and both Diamond and D+ lounges.

For what it is worth....

I have a friend who worked at the Tampa Terminal 3 on Monday. And this is the form that they gave to those without a SetSail Pass printed.

As a help, I am attaching a copy of that form here. If you don't have the SetSail Pass, this could be a help for you.

RCCL Guest Clearance Information Form.pdf

As a note, this form used to be included as part of the Guest Travel Document Booklet that RCCL used to mail out.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Only question is will this new system negate having to print out a Set Sail Pass one of these days for all ships? Only show up with your Passport/Birth Certificate and Credit Card?

Seems like this e-checkin could be done if IT would use their heads. Airlines do it, Car Rental Agencies do it and even hotels do it(:

I think they are starting facial recognition for Symphony sailings. We’ve had to upload our photos and they have very specific requirements for the photograph in terms of background and only having one face visible. Some info here: http:// https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17930-facial-recognition-to-speed-up-symphony-of-seas-boarding-process.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they are starting facial recognition for Symphony sailings. We’ve had to upload our photos and they have very specific requirements for the photograph in terms of background and only having one face visible. Some info here: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17930-facial-recognition-to-speed-up-symphony-of-seas-boarding-process.html

I seriously doubt one is required to do this. The article say's you are allowed to.

I think they are starting facial recognition for Symphony sailings. We’ve had to upload our photos and they have very specific requirements for the photograph in terms of background and only having one face visible. Some info here: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17930-facial-recognition-to-speed-up-symphony-of-seas-boarding-process.html

FACIAL RECOGNITION??? that must be a joke. They can hardly recognize me after I've logged in hundreds of times on their web side and they still can't get it right, I don't expect they'll be able to handle Facial Recon.

I'm just happy that the IT team aren't the ones that write they ships navigational software. Or maybe they did for Costa :o.

dp

No, facial recognition is NOT why you CAN upload a photo. Anthem has been doing this since day 1 (Quantum too). It's solely to have a photo for your sail and sign card so it "can" speed up checkin. Sometimes they have to retake them. Mine for our Anthem cruise was fine. DH's wasn't so they retook it with their ipad at the port. This is not new, but was only for Quantum class. It appears now with Symphony that they're doing it for new ships too.

I called Crown & Anchor yesterday since I could not connect my "new" website account to my C&A number. The woman on the phone was incredibly helpful!

When asked, she said that they (the call center agents) have a way to get people through a "backdoor" on the website to get their set sail pass and access other items from their cruise planner. SO, if you have a cruise coming up and would like to get these documents before going to the port, I would suggest calling C&A. The call hold time wasn't too bad (maybe 5 minutes to talk with an agent).

No, facial recognition is NOT why you CAN upload a photo. Anthem has been doing this since day 1 (Quantum too). It's solely to have a photo for your sail and sign card so it "can" speed up checkin. Sometimes they have to retake them. Mine for our Anthem cruise was fine. DH's wasn't so they retook it with their ipad at the port. This is not new, but was only for Quantum class. It appears now with Symphony that they're doing it for new ships too.

We had to do this for our Allure cruise in 11 days. Glad we got all our stuff printed before they screwed up the website. Still can’t log in to the site, even after trying both the username and the email address.

The password meets the requirement for uppercase, lowercase, numbers and length. Using the username and password gets us the “try again later message”, and using the email and password gets us the “invalid email and password combination” message. Hope they get it figured out before our November cruise.

If it is not fixed before we sail, we may have to reconsider our plan to book our January cruise onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I know they have used it on Quantum Class since we did it when we sailed Anthem however having just done it for Symphony they had very specific criteria on how the photo should look that I don’t remember being so defined for our Anthem Cruise.

Since they want a frictionless check in, other than security, with facial recognition used for boarding then the uploaded photo will be the only one they could access to use with that system.

P.S. did you need to shout using Caps on some words? It’s a discussion......

We had to take our own photos for our Sea Pass card for our cruise on Allure 02/18/18. What a pain that was!

Then we show up, and they didn't use the photos (no reason given).

The photos they took broke most of the rules they give you (there was lots of stuff in the background), and I was at a 35degree angle from perpendicular.

A water of time in many ways

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We had to take our own photos for our Sea Pass card for our cruise on Allure 02/18/18. What a pain that was!

Then we show up, and they didn't use the photos (no reason given).

The photos they took broke most of the rules they give you (there was lots of stuff in the background), and I was at a 35degree angle from perpendicular.

A water of time in many ways

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

No you did not HAVE to............:rolleyes:

Since this past Monday, we have been able to access the site without too many problems (except having to log in again while going to different pages). We have been able to access Cruise Planner and we have been able to print our luggage tags. We are new to RCCL which I think may be part of the reason we have had less trouble. We were forced to create the new style login when we first booked our cruise, and we have no RCCL cruise history. We haven't tried to actually book shore excursions yet--perhaps that's where it will all fall down.

Perhaps there is hope for everyone?

PS We are using Internet Explorer on a desktop PC (I'm a Chrome user, but can't convert the DH.)

Yesterday when I logged in to Royal online and then went to my cruises there was a new interface. I had to dig my reservation numbers out of my email but finally reconnected with the three I have upcoming, but still can't find my Saved Cruises. Anyone else having this problem and figured it out?

Thank you much!

Nancy

I'm trying to look at cruise to see what my balcony discount would be and I can't even log into the site. It says "We are unable to complete your request. Please try again later." Has that been happening since the merging?

Yep, it has.

Thanks to whoever originally posted this link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do It's the only way I can currently access my planner :)

This is a great link. However, I have been trying since last Thursday to purchase something through the Cruise Planner using this link and it won't process my payment. The card is good but it keeps giving me an Unable to Process Payment error. I've actually managed to get in through the "new and improved website" but when I click on cruise planner, I get a Bad Request error screen. I'm beyond frustrated. How is this an acceptable way to do business???

I followed the link to the old website someone else posted. They changed something again. It's redirecting back to the the new login page. I cannot get to the cruise planner. I sent an email yesterday but have not heard back yet. You would think that if they're going to upgrade their system they would have tested everything in a staging environment first before going live.

I followed the link to the old website someone else posted. They changed something again. It's redirecting back to the the new login page. I cannot get to the cruise planner.

Welcome to CC.

Some links redirect to the new login but as long as you click on the booking link in the old system it should still work.