No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

You were good until you said "BUT". We know your stance and feel you were genuine in your opinion. But I feel, as others have stated, let's move forward and let this thread die.

Too much "discussion" between post 472 throuh 500 that has nohting to do with the perk going away or not.

No one's forced to continue to read this thread or post in it. Instead of repeatedly telling us that it needs to die, why can't you, and others who feel as you do, just skip passed it?

Claw? Oh the agony of having to cruise again and again.

Looks like the conspiracy theorists are back pedaling, trying to save face, or at least cover some anatomy.

Is there a school somewhere that teaches this stuff?

Again I ask, would removing this perk be a cutback, addition, enhancement or added option?

I think Carnival really thought that they could pull this off, but have backpeddled quickly. There's precedent for them pulling the plug on ill conceived ideas.

Ok 1- I hate myself for comimg back to look at this discussion.. it it like a car wreck you just have to look at; 2- I just became platinum and used fttf many times before and I liked quick access to cabin but there are times room not ready and luggage seldom all arrived before sailing: 3- I am mad at person who photoshopped false list.. those post should be removed.... I like cc because I learn things here and that is counterproductive. 4- I think if a poll is closed the page should end.

Wow. I just looked at poll results on first page. They show cc name of how each person voted. So much for privacy. Why do that without warning. I will never vote on cc poll.

Where do you see names? I only see numbers, if they do show names that would be kind of weird.

I guess I never thought about it being necessary to be a secret ballot. I also never felt the need to scroll through to see how people voted. By the time people post, you pretty much know how they voted anyway.

I think Carnival really thought that they could pull this off, but have backpeddled quickly. There's precedent for them pulling the plug on ill conceived ideas.

Well, thank goodness for this thread then. I'm glad the beards at Carnival saw just how upset everyone was from these posts and decided to reverse course.

Really now. :rolleyes:

Click on the number representing the amount of people who voted. It will show you the results.

Classic vBulletin feature.

Yeah but on other boards the poll creator has an option to make the poll public or private...and the poll will says (this is a public poll.) Not the case here so its likely setup behind the scenes to make all polls public. Doesn’t bother me but it may some.

If true, I don't get why Carnival would want to eliminate early cabin availability for Diamonds and Plats. A decision like this would be made to save money but they are already paying the cabin attendants to service so they are not saving much money.

Taking a valued benefit away from the Diamonds/Plats would reduce the trust and goodwill from your valued customer. That does not seem to be worth it.

Did Carnival think they would offer the early cabin availability only to FTTF and Diamonds and Plats would pay for it?

Maybe there are too many Diamonds/Plats and since they reduced the cabin staff they are not able to finish the cabins early enough.

It would be interesting to know if this was true, what the real reason was.

Well, thank goodness for this thread then. I'm glad the beards at Carnival saw just how upset everyone was from these posts and decided to reverse course.

Really now. :rolleyes:

They're getting a firestorm everywhere, not just CC. Have you been following this on FB or any other forums? CC is not the only platform to express displeasure these days. Think back to other things that Carnival has done away with, only to reverse course and bring them back. There's precedent. They do listen to their customers, it seems, and that would be a good thing. Why are you so adamant about killing this thread and shoving your head in the sand?

If true, I don't get why Carnival would want to eliminate early cabin availability for Diamonds and Plats. A decision like this would be made to save money but they are already paying the cabin attendants to service so they are not saving much money.

Taking a valued benefit away from the Diamonds/Plats would reduce the trust and goodwill from your valued customer. That does not seem to be worth it.

Did Carnival think they would offer the early cabin availability only to FTTF and Diamonds and Plats would pay for it?

Maybe there are too many Diamonds/Plats and since they reduced the cabin staff they are not able to finish the cabins early enough.

It would be interesting to know if this was true, what the real reason was.

if this was true and they did this, they could sell more FTTF to anyone. they limit FTTF because of the amount of diamond and plats. If they took it away from Diamond and Plats, they then release more FTTF and make more money

Well sir, you are the one that is wrong. His explanation is exactly what happened when FTTF was added, and is happening today. The number of FTTF slots available are really driven by the number of Ds and Ps on a given cruise.

And you know this how, from your 28 Carnival cruises? Well, I have been on 92 Carnival cruises have known and have spoken with a number of Hotel Directors and Guest Services Managers. The number of D&P passengers is unknown at 6 months out from a cruise yet faster to the fun is sold then. Show me any recent official Carnival document that specifies the relationship between FTTF sales and D&P passenger count.

With over 200k P cruisers and growing, there is no maybe. Staffing is irrelevant. The number of priority cruisers will exceed available resources at any level.

Perhaps but it would be less of an issue if Carnival anticipated this situation and had not drastically reduced its housekeeping staffing. They must have wrongfully assumed that their loyal base would rollover on this. Businesses should run " lean and mean " but Carnival cut through bone in their bone headed decision to sacrifice cleanliness and timeliness of rooms being available to save labor.

This is not true, it has been confirmed by John Heald several times now.

The problem is that on numerous occasions John has told us rumors are not true and days later the rumor is found to be true.

As a result many of us (and we have been on about 30 Carnival cruises) have learned to take what he says with a rather large grain of salt and watch and see what actually happens.

Perhaps but it would be less of an issue if Carnival anticipated this situation and had not drastically reduced its housekeeping staffing. They must have wrongfully assumed that their loyal base would rollover on this. Businesses should run " lean and mean " but Carnival cut through bone in their bone headed decision to sacrifice cleanliness and timeliness of rooms being available to save labor.

Question.

As Carnival has grown is the number of D and P's as a percentage of total passengers growing? Given the number of blue and red cards on every cruise I wonder.