Diminishing Quality on Carnival?

GMChambers

Lol... I admire the desire not to waste food (except the Mayo), most of us would have left it on the table and ordered another.... without may o or maybe just went somewhere else.

I have "never" received a Guy's burger with Mayo on it. "You" have to add it yourself at the condiment station.:rolleyes:

He never said anything about being emotionally drained . There are studies that show that eating high fat foods can lead to short term fatigue and constrict blood vessels . I feel same way after eating something like a burger from Five Guys.

I think what the poster is referring to is how the unnecessarily high fat level of the burger made him feel.

He never said anything about being emotionally drained . There are studies that show that eating high fat foods can lead to short term fatigue and constrict blood vessels . I feel same way after eating something like a burger from Five Guys.

I think what the poster is referring to is how the unnecessarily high fat level of the burger made him feel.

Not the way I read it.

And if they are complaining about the mayo, they should blame themselves as each person adds their own condiments.

There are two condiments that can be added by the staff. One is BBQ sauce and the other is a white ranch (mayo) based. That is if they follow your instructions which I have found often doesn't happen these days.

It sounded like a life changing ordeal.....a made up one...but life changing never the less.

I hope you have been able to move on emotionally......:rolleyes:

What do you mean? I don't remember being emotionally affected by the burger, just physically bloated and fatigued. If you have studied psychology and have insights, let's hear it.

It sounded like a life changing ordeal.....a made up one...but life changing never the less.

Can it be both? it appears that my experience, has mysteriously affected you as well... :confused:

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Exactly, and we won't be eating at 5 Guy's anymore either after a similar experience. I can't seem to find the nutritional information on Guy's Burgers, but I remember it being 2 twice as bad as McDonald's, sometimes more, depending on the ingredient.

5 Guys Cheeseburger : McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese

Calories: 840 vs 530

Fat: 55 vs 27

Saturated: 27 vs 13

Sodium: 1050 vs 1090

Cholest: 165 vs 100

Sugar: 9 vs 10

And relating to a physical Dallas location of Guy's Burgers:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restaurants/guy-fieris-dallas-burger-joint-is-2460-calories-of-terrible-9815860

There are two condiments that can be added by the staff. One is BBQ sauce and the other is a white ranch (mayo) based. That is if they follow your instructions which I have found often doesn't happen these days.

Probably what happened, my wife and I both got mayo (or white ranch) that we didn't ask for, and certainly didn't put on ourselves. The amount was incredible, placed on both sides of the patty.

We met someone who ate banana creme pie for breakfast, Guy's Burger for Lunch, red meat leaning dinners, and pizza for midnight munchies, everyday of a 14 day cruise. Incredibly dangerous diet, giving your body no time to recover.

I am also platinum on Carnival. I have noticed that the mints went away. Most probably ended up in the trash. We did not eat them. As a stockholder also, I feel the mints were an unnecessary expense. As for bathrobes, I never wore the robes. I see people wearing them around the ship in common areas. I saw two ladies wear the robes to the muster drill with hairnets and bedroom slippers. Please keep the robes in the room. Overall, I like carnival. If your taste have exceeded that level of cruising, move on to another brand, there is someone waiting on your room.

(the Cruise Director herself said "well what do you want me to do about it, throw them off the ship?") .

Yes, yes. That is EXACTLY what we want you to do, or the Captain or whoever makes that decision. That is the one thing I love about Royal Caribbean. They wont hesitate to throw whole families off the ship for how their kids act. Ive seen it happen. Several times. Actions like that certainly deserve it too.

I am also platinum on Carnival. I have noticed that the mints went away. Most probably ended up in the trash. We did not eat them. As a stockholder also, I feel the mints were an unnecessary expense. As for bathrobes, I never wore the robes. I see people wearing them around the ship in common areas. I saw two ladies wear the robes to the muster drill with hairnets and bedroom slippers. Please keep the robes in the room. Overall, I like carnival. If your taste have exceeded that level of cruising, move on to another brand, there is someone waiting on your room.

I doubt anyone is switching cruise lines over mints and robes, but who knows. There was a big threat of exodus on Celebrity a couple years ago about OJ concentrate instead of fresh squeezed, available in the buffet. I guess there's always that needle that broke the camel's back...

I agree with most of what you said. But for me, the reason that I am teetering on the verge of looking for a new line is the absolute REFUSAL of Carnival to do ANYTHING about the out of control kids. Each cruise that I take (1 or 2 a year for the last ten years) has gotten worse. It came to a head on a recent cruise to Australia where a pack of young teenage kids were basically terrorizing the ship. They were more than just rowdy. They were verbally abusive, and physically dangerous to some smaller kids and older passengers. I saw them knock down an elderly man and just keep going. They stormed into the serenity area most nights and would verbally abuse the adults there until security came. Then they would stand on the deck above and continue the abuse.

On U.S. cruises, there are entire sections of the ship that I have to avoid now, like the main pool in the afternoon and the pizza place late at night.

The one common thread is that every single time I go to the staff, they tell me there is nothing they can do. After begging the staff for help on that Australia cruise with nothing done (the Cruise Director herself said "well what do you want me to do about it, throw them off the ship?") we departed. On the very next cruise a young kid threw a ketchup bottle from the lido down 10 decks and narrowly missed a passenger in the atrium.

It has to stop. I can put up with all the little cut backs, but Carnival clearly does not care about returning customers like me as much as they want new cruisers with 5 out of control kids.

Do not sail MSC Divina then. OMG, kids are amok and nobody cares. (Probably due to their kids sail free--at least on Divina). I would've thought on a 10-night exotic cruise there wouldn't be a bunch of unruly kids around, but I was wrong. (And then there's the adults). LOL!

Which is why we're doing Havana Cabana on the Vista next. I guess I'm a cranky old fart now. haha

Although to be fair:

Every cruise line is different.

Every ship within said cruise line is different.

Every sailing even on the same ship is different.

I'm pretty sure that was meant to be a joke. And actually a pretty good one. I would have laughed at that!

By the way, "when did Carnival leave mints at turn down service"? I used to get little foiled wrapped chocolates, but I never got mints. It doesn't matter to me at all that they quit giving us the chocolate.

As for the bath robes, I never use them as they are too thick and heavy. I bring my light weight robe from home and "only" wear it in the cabin.

I cruise to be on the ocean and to visit places I have never been or love to visit again. The first time I saw Cozumel I fell in love with it and have been back on land vacations several times.

Do not sail MSC Divina then. OMG, kids are amok and nobody cares. (Probably due to their kids sail free--at least on Divina). I would've thought on a 10-night exotic cruise there wouldn't be a bunch of unruly kids around, but I was wrong. (And then there's the adults). LOL!

Which is why we're doing Havana Cabana on the Vista next. I guess I'm a cranky old fart now. haha

Although to be fair:

I am a cranky old fart....LOL. Did Havana on Vista in November...thought it was awesome....but only a upgraded/quieter Serinity vibe. Just cruised Yacht Club on MSC Seaside at a similar price point to Havana....no comparison...Now that is Heaven!!! Economy Plus for Havana...1st Class for yacht Club

Although to be fair:

Truer words have never been spoken. As an NCL cruiser since 2012, the experience between the Breakaway and Gem are so different, they might as well have been on different cruise lines.

I think the mints went awar around ‘02, not sure.

They used to have what tasted like rebranded

Andes chocolate mints. These were replaced with the little blue foil chocolate squares. The quality of these got bad as last I remembered, they tasted like that chocolate flavored candy product that sell around Easter. I think they downgraded the quality around the same time they stopped offering free espresso in the mdr.

People wouldn’t eat them because they were awful.

Princess used to have good choc, they had milk and dark choc, but I think they got rid of it or downgraded it.

Yes, I missed the mints, but my body was better off without them.:) I may be old, but I am YOUNG at heart. This is just something trivial, but I love the towel animals they make. Our room steward went up and beyond making them for us. The last day, he put a big heart on the bed, thanking us for letting him take care of us. Did he know that I was going to leave a big tip??? NO, he had no clue, other than the tip that is put on our bill each day. I did tip him bigger than I have ever done anyone before, as I was so impressed on the good job he did. Sort of like Undercover Boss, if you do a good job, you never know who will be checking you out.:)

We met someone who ate banana creme pie for breakfast, Guy's Burger for Lunch, red meat leaning dinners, and pizza for midnight munchies, everyday of a 14 day cruise. Incredibly dangerous diet, giving your body no time to recover.

The last thing I care about on a cruise is nutritional information. If it looks good, I eat it. My body can recover when I get back home. ;p

On another thread someone wrote they were on a cruise, enjoying all the delicious food such as banana creme pie and guys, etc... and this person they met followed them around every day on a 14 day cruise watching them eat wow, what are the odds?

On another thread someone wrote they were on a cruise, enjoying all the delicious food such as banana creme pie and guys, etc... and this person they met followed them around every day on a 14 day cruise watching them eat wow, what are the odds?

LOL. I hope that guy wasn’t watching me gorge on every cruise I’ve ever taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nobody here has mentioned the most important perk in the cruise industry: the chance to win a ship on a stick at Trivia. As long as there is hope of procuring this item, I’m good. If anyone ever wants to create a stir all they need do is start a nasty rumor that John Heald is asking whether people would mind if the ships on sticks went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where can I get banana cream pie for breakfast? I guess you mean the one on the Brunch menu. I had forgotten about that. Will have to make a note.

That probably was me, honestly. I didn't trust these people bragging about their diets, or believe that the habits of a 7 day cruise would remain consistent on a 14. In most cases, I was wrong...:eek: