Can you change out complimentary bottles of "champagne"?

Econom405

Now that we have reached platinum status, and also stay in suites usually, we receive 2 bottles of "champagne' in our room. They almost always go to waste, because we really don't like it. Occasionally, I'll ask for some raspberry puree to put in it, and once we cut up the oranges and made mimosa's. But we truly feel like it's a waste of two bottles.

Has anyone every asked to switch them out for bottles of wine, that we would actually drink? Is this even possible?

I know, first world problems, but I really feel wasteful letting it sit there all week. :D:D

You don’t get a bottle of sparking wine for being platinum. Everyone on their second or later cruise gets one, and therefore it isn’t changeable (as so many people get it).

You may have more luck with anything you get for being in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t get a bottle of sparking wine for being platinum. Everyone on their second or later cruise gets one, and therefore it isn’t changeable (as so many people get it).

You may have more luck with anything you get for being in a suite.

Is this true? I’ve never received a bottle of anything.

It's a gift and NCL has significantly tightened up and doesn't exchange any longer. I sail every month and have seen this multiple times- with people "stating" they've done it "in the past', then when you later see them, nope.

We just got of the Star b2b. Had to ask for it both legs, is that normal.

We didn’t get one either on our last cruise, so I politely mentioned it to one of the officers at the Latitudes cocktail party. When we returned to our cabin later there was a bottle sitting on the counter and one iced down in a champagne bucket. We love NCL.

Short answer, NO. Others may have had different experiences but, NCL is now less and less flexible. We just got off Jewel, Haven Suite and are Plat Plus. Were told NO in no uncertain terms. With other poor customer service issues on this cruise, we are now callling it “quits” with NCL. Will look elsewhere for future cruising.

We leave the wine in the room unless we've met someone on board who would enjoy it, but with the UBP other cruisers turn it down.

You would think they might want to poll their most frequent cruisers and ask what we would like.

How hard would it be to have us update our NCL profile with our preferences?

Give us a choice of wine, or water, or more chocolate strawberries?

I don't drink champagne but heard it is awful. Just the cheapest that NCL could come up with. Solos have brought bottles to dinner and hardly anyone wanted a glass. Now that I know there is an option to swap it for an extra bottle of water, I will do that instead of leaving it in the cabin.

I don't drink champagne but heard it is awful. Just the cheapest that NCL could come up with. Solos have brought bottles to dinner and hardly anyone wanted a glass. Now that I know there is an option to swap it for an extra bottle of water, I will do that instead of leaving it in the cabin.

depending on how you use it, most of those I know like to make mimosas and it is good for that or we have started taking it to our M&G and having it opened for others to share. In the days when not all latitude members got the sparkling wine we could exchange it. I understand now, why we can't. BTW, it isn't awful, it just is what one would expect, cheap quality.

Based on all these responses....clearly NCL marketing has widely missed their target. If they wanted to "reward" their Latitudes repeater's, they have failed. They might have been better off only offering this "gift" to first time cruiser's, that might be impressed receiving anything. As for the rest...as said earlier, and as is done on RCI, they should let you pre-select what "gift" they give you on your online profile, and increase the value based on your loyalty tier.

Based on all these responses....clearly NCL marketing has widely missed their target. If they wanted to "reward" their Latitudes repeater's, they have failed. They might have been better off only offering this "gift" to first time cruiser's, that might be impressed receiving anything. As for the rest...as said earlier, and as is done on RCI, they should let you pre-select what "gift" they give you on your online profile, and increase the value based on your loyalty tier.

The sample size is too small to draw that conclusion. A large percentage of the sparking wine is consumed on every cruise.

The sample size is too small to draw that conclusion. A large percentage of the sparking wine is consumed on every cruise.

It is also based on personal experience on several recent NCL cruises, in discussion with several of my shipmates...

As far as being consumed....well you're probably correct there....some people are happy to receive anything complimentary....

If you're in a suite, talk to your butler and see what he can do. We just got back from our first-ever cruise today, during which our butler brought us another bottle of the sparkling wine when he noticed we had opened ours, said that not everyone wants them. The steward tracked my husband down on the second day and gave him a bottle of merlot. We found the sparkling wine drinkable but just fine for mimosas while the merlot tasted like nail polish remover. LOL